Didn't have any reboots on my BlackBerry Live Z10 with 2009 installed. Updated my main Z10 with the latest leak this morning. I've heard good things, so I'm hopeful.
    05-26-13 08:37 PM
    I have a factory defaults device that reboots. So...eh

~STV
    ...Like I mentioned earlier. that was how I fixed my problem. Sorry it couldn't help you.

Posted via CB10
    dc08879 likes this.
    05-27-13 02:26 AM
    Damn I've been killing myself for no reason! Thanks for the tip. That will save me tons of time!

Posted via CB10
    The reentering of account passwords is the only thing that prevents it from being a perfect restore. After that and the Hub repopulates, everything should be exactly as it was when you made your backup.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 12:38 PM
    My Z10 is rebooting al least 3 every day. I have multi alarms on my phone because I work al nicht al different tones, but i'm afraid the alarm won't ring because of the rebooting. Please fox the bugg

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 02:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply. At present, I'm sitting tight for the Verizon release OTA as I'm a bit uncomfortable about doing a leak. If I mess up my phone doing a leak, then I'm the only one to blame. In the meantime, I just charge up before going to bed. It's good news though that some are seeing positive results from this leak.
    Still no reboots. Three days and counting. Happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:45 PM
    My Z10 is rebooting al least 3 every day. I have multi alarms on my phone because I work al nicht al different tones, but i'm afraid the alarm won't ring because of the rebooting. Please fox the bugg

Posted via CB10
    What os are you on? I could be mistaken, but I haven't heard of anybody having reboots with the 10.1.0.2342 leak and I personally haven't had a reboot since I downloaded it this past Friday.

Via Zeppelin 10
    05-27-13 10:06 PM
    I've just updated to 10.1.0.273 and had a random reboot after 1 hour. Before I was having 1-2 per day.
    05-28-13 02:03 AM
    What os are you on? I could be mistaken, but I haven't heard of anybody having reboots with the 10.1.0.2342 leak and I personally haven't had a reboot since I downloaded it this past Friday.

Via Zeppelin 10
    Also having good luck so far with the leak 2342 on a Verizon Z10. Installed it on Saturday, a clean install (no restore, all email, accounts, apps, etc set up from scratch). No random reboots so far. Tried to stress test it with many apps running, uploading and playing lots of podcasts, running all my normal apps. Runs fast and smooth, no apparent issues at this point. Solid leak IMO.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-28-13 02:08 AM
    Also having good luck so far with the leak 2342 on a Verizon Z10. Installed it on Saturday, a clean install (no restore, all email, accounts, apps, etc set up from scratch). No random reboots so far. Tried to stress test it with many apps running, uploading and playing lots of podcasts, running all my normal apps. Runs fast and smooth, no apparent issues at this point. Solid leak IMO.
    Wow - this is GREAT news. I hope this is the actual fix!
    05-28-13 02:01 PM
    Wow - this is GREAT news. I hope this is the actual fix!
    My reboots have stopped as well with the latest leak. None since this past Saturday afternoon.

Via Zeppelin 10
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    05-28-13 02:34 PM

Via Zeppelin 10
    .2342? I had three reboots inside the 18 hours I had it installed. Running .2009 now (with reboots).

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 03:19 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon representative who did confirm that Verizon will be pushing out OS 10.1 for the Z10 this week bur no later than Friday. Big Red customers, stay tuned. I tried to get the specifics of the release but they would only confirm the already known updates. Nothing in particular regarding the random reboot issue. Keeping all my appendages crossed.
    05-28-13 03:58 PM
    The reentering of account passwords is the only thing that prevents it from being a perfect restore. After that and the Hub repopulates, everything should be exactly as it was when you made your backup.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, you guys gave me one of those "aha" moments. Good stuff!

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    05-28-13 09:30 PM
    I spoke with a Verizon representative who did confirm that Verizon will be pushing out OS 10.1 for the Z10 this week bur no later than Friday. Big Red customers, stay tuned. I tried to get the specifics of the release but they would only confirm the already known updates. Nothing in particular regarding the random reboot issue. Keeping all my appendages crossed.
    Thanks for the info. We'll have to see what does come about this week! Friday is coming soon...
    05-28-13 09:39 PM
    Verizon is going to beat the other US carriers? Not even once.

~STV
    05-28-13 10:03 PM
    Something interesting that I have found, is that if I plug it in, and put it in bedside mode after midnight, it doesn't reboot. It only seems to reboot if I plug it in before midnight. Strange!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:52 PM
    Something interesting that I have found, is that if I plug it in, and put it in bedside mode after midnight, it doesn't reboot. It only seems to reboot if I plug it in before midnight. Strange!

Posted via CB10
    Maybe...just maybe...paranormal activity causes the random reboots.

If that's the case, software won't fix it. You will need to exchange your device or send it to the Vatican for an exorcism.

~STV
    05-28-13 11:01 PM
    Since your first article about this problem, I started monitoring my Verizon Z10 running 10.0.9.422. Interestingly enough I have narrowed the problem down. When I use the nighttime setting on the phone that gives the faint orange clock, it will reboot during the night unless I go into settings And turn off the sound and vibrate. When those are turned off, it will not reboot.

Go figure!
    05-31-13 10:38 PM
    Update: A week now and no reboots after installing 2342.. I've used all the same apps and same general operating habits as prior to installing the leak 2342. Seems to work just fine. I probably won't install another leak at this point. It will be interesting to see what version is released by Verizon.
    05-31-13 10:48 PM
    Since your first article about this problem, I started monitoring my Verizon Z10 running 10.0.9.422. Interestingly enough I have narrowed the problem down. When I use the nighttime setting on the phone that gives the faint orange clock, it will reboot during the night unless I go into settings And turn off the sound and vibrate. When those are turned off, it will not reboot.Go figure!
    It's called Bedside Mode. And I'm fairly curious if this works for others, I can't test myself since I'm on 10.1.0.2009. I deleted an app and haven't had any reboots, even using bedside mode with overnight charging.
    05-31-13 11:19 PM
    Will it reboot before or after it installs the update?

~STV
    It would not allow an update period. It would initialize a Web update and then zap the Z10 into reboot hell until you unplugged it from the USB. See my Random Reboot Survival Guide thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 11:19 AM
    It's now Saturday with no update...Good thing I wasn't holding my breath for this long.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    06-01-13 12:11 PM
    Z10STL100-4/10.1.0.2342

I can confirm that I haven't had any reboots for a little more than a week. My BlackBerry is faster and better than before hands down. Man down.

The difference in performance and reboot frequency compared to the other OSes(?) I've installed is honestly night and day.
    06-01-13 12:12 PM
    I was going to post that it appeared to have stopped as suddenly as it had started when it did a random freeze/reboot on me this morning after almost 5 days during which I hadn't noticed a single reboot. Not keen on leaked updates so I'm patiently (impatiently) waiting for a fix.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:08 PM
    It's now Saturday with no update...Good thing I wasn't holding my breath for this long.
    Yeah I was thinking of looking for the posts from the guy who went around here promising everyone the VZW update would get released yesterday, just to mock him.

Current buzz I am hearing around here is ~June 6, from someone who claims to be a VZW support rep, and says that there was some late bug that delayed the release a bit. Would make sense since that is right about the day of the release of the Q10 on VZW, which will launch with 10.1.

I could see them wanting to synchronize their Z10 and Q10 release versions somewhat. And because .2342 was supposedly rejected by Blackberry in-house for some bugs (apparently it caused problems with the SMS database and some other things), it would be nice if they at least bumped it to .2354 like the one that Romanian carrier recently released, which most people who have tried it seem to agree is very good with the possible exception of battery life.
    06-01-13 03:03 PM
426 ... 1314151617 ...