Recent OS leaks look promising in the self-reboot department.

The latest one (10.1.0.2009) seems sourced from Verizon (one of the few leaks that started out customized for the STL100-4) and after around 13 pages of comments since early this AM, not a single report of a self-reboot.
    05-24-13 04:12 PM

The latest one (10.1.0.2009) seems sourced from Verizon (one of the few leaks that started out customized for the STL100-4) and after around 13 pages of comments since early this AM, not a single report of a self-reboot.
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There are many users who only got the reboot once every 24 hours (I have the every-night-while-in-bedside-mode reboot, like a lot of others). The leak has not been around long enough to determine if those are resolved yet.

I am in the process of loading it up now and will give it about a week to see what shakes out.
    05-24-13 04:52 PM
    I wouldn't get too excited just yet. There are many users who only got the reboot once every 24 hours (I have the every-night-while-in-bedside-mode reboot, like a lot of others). The leak has not been around long enough to determine if those are resolved yet.

I am in the process of loading it up now and will give it about a week to see what shakes out.
    Don't keep us informed! Thanks.
    05-24-13 05:16 PM
    Oops...meant DO keep us informed...gosh, my PlayBook got away from me.
    hshieh5555 likes this.
    05-24-13 05:18 PM
    Several .2009 users have reported at least one self-reboot.

Whether it's improved or not is not yet clear, but it definitely is not the God Particle.
    05-25-13 02:44 AM
    HI,

I am also seeing random reboots daily, STL100-3 on the 10.1.0.273 updated os.
    bedside mode and charger in. or just sitting on my desk doing nothing and get
    the blackberry screen and reboots..... This is getting frustrating
    05-25-13 05:13 PM
    I initially thought it had to do with a memory leak, because it happened every time I had a large number of active frames open (especially the browser and games), but I've noticed it while charging too. Who knows - maybe the charging process goes a little haywire!

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:04 PM
    My update to10.1 was issue free until this week. My email during composing froze twice
    .the 5 swipe did not work . It required a reboot. Also, i use Remember / Evernote a lot, most of my PDF saved in remember were deleted, but not in Evernote. I have two identical folders in Remember and Evernote and Remember folders PDF were deleted after the 10.1 update. Yuck. Anyway I will make sure my PDF are saved in Evernote, hope 10.2 is a better more stable update.

Posted via CB10
    How do you save in Evernote from you BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-25-13 06:16 PM
    Well I've had the .2009 leak installed for about 36 hours and sorry to report but I just had my first reboot. WTF!!! I guess it's better than 2 reboots per day but come on. I'm going to install the newest leak but I hate having to reinstall my sideloaded apps and also re-downloading my purchased apps and then rearranging them the way I had them before.
    05-25-13 06:17 PM

My gf has has two freezes and two reboots since loading 2009 today. Her Z10 is from BlackBerry Live and and carrier is Rogers.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    macwild likes this.
    05-25-13 07:17 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I had two Verizon z10s made from Mexico that always rebooted but the one I have now is from Canada and it works fine.No reboots at all

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 07:45 PM
    Since the update to 10.1 mine has gone from 2 or 3 random reboots per week to 2 or 3 random reboots PER DAY. I also noticed that since the 10.1 update the signal strength for my WiFi is much lower. In my home where I used to get ALL BARS all the time, now I get 3 bars. Nothing else like my computers show a drop in WiFi so I think it was the update.
    05-25-13 08:28 PM
    Mine is from Mexico and on Rogers, and no reboot issues, couple of email freezes but that's it

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:16 AM
    I'm still on the original OS and I don't know if it was a full moon or something but my Z rebooted yesterday at LEAST a dozen times. Worst its ever been.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 10:44 AM
    I'm still on the original OS and I don't know if it was a full moon or something but my Z rebooted yesterday at LEAST a dozen times. Worst its ever been.

You have the patience of a saint.

If it were that bad on mine, I would probably try wiping and reloading the OS.

Very strange thing I noted last night. Battery Guru shows some sort of activity on the device while it was on the charger from ~3:45AM to ~4:30AM, almost like I was using it while disconnected from the charger, and then at 4:30, starting to charge again. (If the power had gone off, I'd have known about that, I have a bunch of equipment here that runs 24x7)
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon random reboot issue update-battery_guru_2013-05-26_01.jpg  
    05-26-13 10:57 AM
    Well I've had the .2009 leak installed for about 36 hours and sorry to report but I just had my first reboot. WTF!!! I guess it's better than 2 reboots per day but come on. I'm going to install the newest leak but I hate having to reinstall my sideloaded apps and also re-downloading my purchased apps and then rearranging them the way I had them before.
    No re downloading or rearranging needed if you restore from BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'll second that; up to yesterday reboots were once every few days, yesterday I had three. Installed .2342 this morning to see if that has any effect.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 12:30 PM
    Well, I haven't had a single reboot since loading. *knocks wood*

I haven't had any issues with this so far. Everything seems smooth and error free.

Initially, the battery burned through in no time, likely due to downloading everything after the update. That was pretty much expected. Battery has been comparable to other leaks so far so nothing worth noting.

Also, I had something really weird. My network settings showed as off even though they were on. When trying to flip the switch, it just spun and didn't do anything. But that seems to have resolved itself.

I happy with this one so far. No complaints.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:39 PM
    You have the patience of a saint.

If it were that bad on mine, I would probably try wiping and reloading the OS.

Very strange thing I noted last night. Battery Guru shows some sort of activity on the device while it was on the charger from ~3:45AM to ~4:30AM, almost like I was using it while disconnected from the charger, and then at 4:30, starting to charge again. (If the power had gone off, I'd have known about that, I have a bunch of equipment here that runs 24x7)
    I'm too much of a chicken to mess with the OS. I don't do leaks, or wipes (lol sounds dirty! )

How about i send it to you and you do it for me?

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 01:55 PM
    Well, I haven't had a single reboot since loading. *knocks wood*

I haven't had any issues with this so far. Everything seems smooth and error free.

Initially, the battery burned through in no time, likely due to downloading everything after the update. That was pretty much expected. Battery has been comparable to other leaks so far so nothing worth noting.

Also, I had something really weird. My network settings showed as off even though they were on. When trying to flip the switch, it just spun and didn't do anything. But that seems to have resolved itself.

I happy with this one so far. No complaints.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your reply. At present, I'm sitting tight for the Verizon release OTA as I'm a bit uncomfortable about doing a leak. If I mess up my phone doing a leak, then I'm the only one to blame. In the meantime, I just charge up before going to bed. It's good news though that some are seeing positive results from this leak.
    05-26-13 03:57 PM
    I have been having random reboots on my device. It would reboot at least twice a day. Sometimes even as I'm in the middle of a game.
    Fortunately I no longer worry about that and have been reboot free for a bout a week now.

My story...
    I was in a very dramatic and compelling game of "Run in Crowd" when my phone rebooted on me.
    I gently placed my phone down as not to break it, then raised my hands to the sky and shouted "No More!!!"

I did a wipe on my device and noticed that it didn't reboot at all once it had a fresh install. I know because I watched it. I starred at it like a lion stares at it's prey... for 9 hours.
    It didn't really do much of anything since I didn't set up all my accounts yet.
    I then restored all my apps and app data using link, and afterwards continued to stare... for 3 more hours. I didn't restore my settings because I wanted to isolate it the problem.
    After 3 hours I went to sleep. I noticed that it rebooted at least once that night. It had the reboot time in about/hardware.
    This was progress. I isolated my problem to an app. I just needed to figure out which one.

One of my coworkers who also has a z10 has not ever experienced a reboot. So I used his phone as reference to uninstall apps which he didn't have... well sort of.
    We were clearly very different people because that list was a lot larger than expected.

I decided to start with my religious applications since he was obviously not religious. I will not post the developers name or the name of the apps since this can't be confirmed for everyone, but upon removing them and restarting, I waited to see if the reboots continued.
    Let's just say my device use to reboot twice daily but it's been 5 days and I haven't seen a reboot since.

Seems as though my problem was with some religious apps I had installed which integrated with my Callender and Hub.

This is how I solved my problem but everyone's might be different.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 05:09 PM
    I have been having random reboots on my device. It would reboot at least twice a day. Sometimes even as I'm in the middle of a game.
    Fortunately I no longer worry about that and have been reboot free for a bout a week now.

My story...
    I was in a very dramatic and compelling game of "Run in Crowd" when my phone rebooted on me.
    I gently placed my phone down as not to break it, then raised my hands to the sky and shouted "No More!!!"

I did a wipe on my device and noticed that it didn't reboot at all once it had a fresh install. I know because I watched it. I starred at it like a lion stares at it's prey... for 9 hours.
    It didn't really do much of anything since I didn't set up all my accounts yet.
    I then restored all my apps and app data using link, and afterwards continued to stare... for 3 more hours. I didn't restore my settings because I wanted to isolate it the problem.
    After 3 hours I went to sleep. I noticed that it rebooted at least once that night. It had the reboot time in about/hardware.
    This was progress. I isolated my problem to an app. I just needed to figure out which one.

One of my coworkers who also has a z10 has not ever experienced a reboot. So I used his phone as reference to uninstall apps which he didn't have... well sort of.
    We were clearly very different people because that list was a lot larger than expected.

I decided to start with my religious applications since he was obviously not religious. I will not post the developers name or the name of the apps since this can't be confirmed for everyone, but upon removing them and restarting, I waited to see if the reboots continued.
    Let's just say my device use to reboot twice daily but it's been 5 days and I haven't seen a reboot since.

Seems as though my problem was with some religious apps I had installed which integrated with my Callender and Hub.

This is how I solved my problem but everyone's might be different.

Posted via CB10
    I have a factory defaults device that reboots. So...eh

~STV
    05-26-13 06:47 PM
    I'm too much of a chicken to mess with the OS. I don't do leaks, or wipes (lol sounds dirty! )

How about i send it to you and you do it for me?

As much as I work w/ technology every day, I'm disinclined to do leaks as well because of the risk, and because I don't really trust Blackberry Link yet to do a proper and accurate job of doing a backup and restore.

Typically the official releases will install without having to restore data, which is my preference. I will do a backup (or 2) anyway, just in case. But I would rather not start with one strike against me.

Though like I said, if I had a device that restarted 12 times a day, I would probably have a different attitude about the leaks.

And no, I'm not going to volunteer to be liable if you send your phone to me and for some reason out of my control some data gets lost or corrupted during an OS update/reload.
    05-26-13 07:11 PM
    No re downloading or rearranging needed if you restore from BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    Damn I've been killing myself for no reason! Thanks for the tip. That will save me tons of time!

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 07:22 PM
    Damn I've been killing myself for no reason! Thanks for the tip. That will save me tons of time!

As long as it works.
    Jamez Avila likes this.
    05-26-13 07:54 PM
426 ... 1213141516 ...