I have 8 users with the new bb10, some say they have reboot issues some don't. one user sets the alarm to go off every morning, one day he woke up before the alarm, looked over at the bb10 and it was in the process of rebooting, didn't touch it. So what does this mean, it can reboot and you won't even know it. I use mine all the time, so I notice the reboot more often, at least 3-4 times per week, usually when texting, a few times during email, never during a phone call but I don't talk much. I' m on ATT with 10.0.10.116. Hope this is fixed soon.
    05-21-13 09:28 AM
    My Z10 re boots boots all the time and seems to be very warm when it happens. At least once a day. I do have it in a case. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:22 AM
    T-Mobile carrier

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 10:23 AM
    Good news from my side :
    After switching my device to the one sponsored by brightstar at BlackBerry Live, no further reboots occurred.

Same Firmware, same Model (-2), same apps.
    The device keeps cooler than the first one bought via Deutsche Telekom.

Seems to be a Hardware Issue from my point of view....maybe.

Sky

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 11:09 AM
    From reading your post that started this thread, it would seem the problem is specific to VZN, but the board as a whole shows it to be a much more generalized issue then one carrier. While a preponderance of posters with reboot problems may be VZN users, there are plenty of others to go around.
    05-21-13 12:57 PM
    On stock VZW 10.0.09 with stock apps since March. Reboots on chg and bedside every night. Two weeks ago switched network settings from global to LTE/CMDA and no reboots for two weeks. Last nite switched back to global and had reboot overnight. Tonight will try LTE /CMDA again. All else constant.

MMDDZZ
    05-21-13 01:43 PM
    My Z10 re boots boots all the time and seems to be very warm when it happens. At least once a day. I do have it in a case. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Posted via CB10
    Try reloading the os.
    I would guess maybe a bad app installation? I tried to remove Asphalt 7 before going to the latest leak and that happend.... hot phone constantly rebooting before it sorted itself out.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:43 PM
    This rebooting issue is really surprising having no issues here with Rogers

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 07:00 PM
    I'm in Canada on I got the. 273 update in my z10 the day it went live. Since then the phone will get quite warm at times just sitting my holster or on my desk doing seemingly nothing. I also now experience the random reboots. Never while I'm actually using it. I don't know how often it does this as I only. Notice it when I reach for my phone and see the solid red light, then the boot logo. It's still way better than my temporary HTC desire. I love this thing!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 08:26 AM
    Ugh... cant take it anymore.... I can almost deal with it rebooting while charging or just sitting... But its the reboots while on a call, or sending a text or email that really makes me want to choke a kitten! (lol)
    05-22-13 07:14 PM
    Glad to see this post! Thanks Kevin for hooking this up!
    05-22-13 07:34 PM
    I'm on VZW and what I've noticed has helped with the reboots is to change my network setting from LTE/CDMA to the global setting. Haven't experienced a reboot since unless I do it myself. And that's still running on 10.0.9.2743. Hope it helps someone else!

Posted via CB10
    I'm also on Verizon and have not had any rebooting issues. Just checked my network setting and it came set to "Global". I'd switch to see if it caused any rebooting issue, but I don't want to tempt fate!
    05-23-13 09:00 AM
    I've had no nightly reboots since switching from global to LTE/CMDA.
    On global I had one per night, on charger and bedside. On stock VZW.

MMDDZZ
    05-23-13 09:23 AM
    What' s the difference between "GLobal' and LTE/CDMA?
    05-23-13 11:17 AM
    What' s the difference between "GLobal' and LTE/CDMA?

One is magical and one is not. Which one is which is a secret.
    KMB4 likes this.
    05-23-13 02:34 PM
    This happens to my phone daily. Mostly at night while charging, but not always. Happened just about a half hour ago as a matter of fact. Even had one night that I decided to turn it off to give it a good charge up. Woke up the next morning to my surprise, the phone turned itself on at some point during the night. Very weird indeed. I also note that the location services icon is visible for most of the day, even when no apps are open.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 03:43 PM
    Rebooted while on phone with Verizon

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 04:08 PM
    Rebooted while on phone with Verizon

Posted via CB10
    Oh, that's priceless. Did you call them back?
    05-23-13 04:12 PM
    Just got another device from vzw and this device has only rebooted once since had it the past 3 days. My other phone would reboot several times a day while just doing anything on my phone. Also this device has yet to get hot like my last phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:44 PM
    I think I may have finally figured out a root cause, but no solution. For those who are having random reboot issues on any carrier, try this. Take your Z10, plug it into a PC, and try to do a web update from BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US . If it reboots over and over, you now have the same issues I do, and it is verifiable as a software issue. The solution could be many different things, but this is a start.
    05-23-13 08:28 PM
    I think I may have finally figured out a root cause, but no solution. For those who are having random reboot issues on any carrier, try this. Take your Z10, plug it into a PC, and try to do a web update from BlackBerry - Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US . If it reboots over and over, you now have the same issues I do, and it is verifiable as a software issue. The solution could be many different things, but this is a start.

Will it reboot before or after it installs the update?

~STV
    05-23-13 09:31 PM
    My update to10.1 was issue free until this week. My email during composing froze twice
    .the 5 swipe did not work . It required a reboot. Also, i use Remember / Evernote a lot, most of my PDF saved in remember were deleted, but not in Evernote. I have two identical folders in Remember and Evernote and Remember folders PDF were deleted after the 10.1 update. Yuck. Anyway I will make sure my PDF are saved in Evernote, hope 10.2 is a better more stable update.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 05:28 AM
    My update to10.1 was issue free until this week. My email during composing froze twice .the 5 swipe did not work . It required a reboot. Also, i use Remember / Evernote a lot, most of my PDF saved in remember were deleted, but not in Evernote. I have two identical folders in Remember and Evernote and Remember folders PDF were deleted after the 10.1 update. Yuck. Anyway I will make sure my PDF are saved in Evernote, hope 10.2 is a better more stable update. Posted via CB10
    That's not a random reboot.
    05-24-13 06:26 AM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    allengeorge likes this.
    05-24-13 10:44 AM
    My GF gets random reboots on her BlackBerry Live Z10 supplied by Brightstar - BB10.1 did not fix it nor did the 1880 leak. She's on Rogers.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-24-13 10:46 AM
426 ... 1112131415 ...