But the topic is "verizon". What you are doing is hijacking a thread. We all do it. But stop tossing rocks and respect your fellow Crackhead!

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Thank you. This was my point all along. There is NO new information here for other device model users. This thread was directed at Verizon.

But now the thread is hijacked so the title might as well be changed.
    05-20-13 09:19 AM
    By the shear numbers you may be correct. However, you can trust me, random rebooting may not be a big deal to BlackBerry but if it is happening to a user, it is a big deal at worst and an irritant at best. Although my z is only rebooting about once every two days or so, it is a pain in the *** and it sucks. BlackBerry needs to get a handle on it or they will loose me and a lot more like me as loyal customers and we will tell every one I come in contact what a pos the z is. There are a lot of other folks out here in the same boat. The z is just anorher tool to me and I don't use cap tools. Rant off.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:25 AM
    I updated my Z10 to the leaked os 10.1.0.1880 and the issue seems to be over. Before the upgrade I had the issue many time every day

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 10:30 AM
    It doesn't really matter anyway. I'm glad Kevin asked but it doesn't sound like Blackberry even knows why this is occurring. They are going to continue to blame the carriers and the carriers are going to continue to blame Blackberry. Either way they are going to lose customers if they don't get this fixed.
    05-20-13 10:33 AM
    In case you are not aware: colloquialisms often have very different meanings in different places. He's in Holland Europe, you're in New York USA. (He's also probably not a native English speaker.)

Actually this is simply one of DOZENS of threads on Crackberry about this issue, and it's extremely clear at this point that there is NOTHING distinguishing the issues experienced by Verizon users (including myself) than any other users experiencing the issue. Because, in fact, there has basically been NO common thread of user usage patterns linking all these issues together, and as a result there is NO clear solution that has arisen after THOUSANDS of comments on this over the last couple of months.

We do not need yet another thread to make it abundantly clear that there is nothing a user can do, regardless which carrier they are on, to "solve" this problem.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/

Kevin realized after he posted this "Verizon" thread that the issue was spread across most carriers and most regions. (With the exception of places primarily using the STL100-1 model, which for the most part has not demonstrated this problem.) So in actual fact, it does us all a disservice to make the one "official" thread on the issue Verizon-specific. And I say that as a Verizon user.

Given your less-than-astute "attracted to you" comment above, I don't actually blame him at all for wondering about that.

My personal opinion is that we are seeing a slightly higher number of VZW users with the problem because of the following COMBINATION of factors:

1. Verizon is using the oldest firmware series for the Z10 (10.0.9.422/10.0.9.2743) of any major carrier in the world.
    2. Verizon has probably sold more Blackberry Z10 devices than any other single carrier in the world.
    3. Verizon has a unique 700Mhz FD-LTE implementation that is almost entirely unique in the world, necessitating a Z10 model that is for all practical purposes, dedicated to them.
    Thank you for a level-headed and common sense comment.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-20-13 11:03 AM
    I updated my Z10 to the leaked os 10.1.0.1880 and the issue seems to be over. Before the upgrade I had the issue many time every day

Posted via CB10
    Model? STL100..?
    05-20-13 11:19 AM
    Interesting thread. Here is another data point. I am on Verizon on Southern California. Have had the reboot issue since about a week after getting the phone (purchased on the first week it was available). Tried many of the fixes including getting a new micro-SD card, 10-speed. Still had the reboots about once a day.

Then something interesting. I went to Texas for work for a full week, driving across the state and into Oklahoma and back. The phone never reset ONCE! On Verizon the whole time. Came back to California, and the reboots started a day or so later. Just installed the 1756 leak, and still have the reboots. Even did a wipe before the OS install, and installed everything fresh (not restored). Still reboots.

So something about using the phone in Texas made a difference. I download many podcasts using the Podcast app (I think this is an android ported app). But no side-loaded apps.

And the kicker: I bought the phone in Texas (it came out on VZN the week on a prior Texas trip, and I could not wait, so bought it there). So this is a Texas phone that seems to have a challenge working in California. No political jokes, please...

Wonder if I should go into a California VZN store and replace the sim card.
    I'm from Texas and you got me at the political jokes part lol

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    05-20-13 11:30 AM
    I got a little non sense question for you people who are experiencing random reboots....

What type of network mode are you using?
    Is it one of these?

Verizon random reboot issue update-img_00000439_edit.png

You can go check yours out at:
    Settings - Network connection - Mobile Network

Posted via (CB)
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon random reboot issue update-img_00000439.png  
    05-20-13 01:27 PM
    I got a little non sense question for you people who are experiencing random reboots....

Is it one of these?

As has been discussed various times elsewhere, Verizon's devices do NOT allow users to selectively disable just LTE.

Not only that, on Verizon devices the options there pretty much amount to "US setting", "US and global setting", and "Non-US setting". Specifically they are listed as:

• UMTS/GSM
    • Global
    • LTE/CDMA

That would have been one of the first things I would have tested myself, if it were an option open to me. I've already tried the "Global" and "US-Only" (ie LTE/CDMA) setting. Some people report better results with one, some with the other, many report no difference.

(Technically, if you know what you're doing and don't mind the risk, you can, via special commands, go into the cryptic "escreen" (generally intended for developers or carrier technicians) and you might be able to selectively disable LTE there, but because I don't fully understand the options and because I'm not fully aware of how they would impact my link to Verizon's network or the warranty on my device, I have not attempted that.)
    05-20-13 01:47 PM
    I'm on Rogers and have been experiencing random reboots regularly. Yesterday, after the OS update, I had more than 5 reboots that I actually saw happen (somehow, I am certain there have been many I have missed). I also find my battery runs extremely hot, and since the update, when I am in a call, the screen goes black and I have no way of ending a call.
    05-20-13 01:55 PM
    I believe there's something about defective on radio/basebands hardwares. I'm not so sure.

Handsets are built in factories by batch.

Posted via (CB)
    05-20-13 01:58 PM
    I have a Z10 and yes that is correct. When i went to bed i plugged my phone to my (old bb charger) set my phone to Flight mode (and bedside mode) and when i woke up my phone had rebooted.

Thanks for the clarification and cheers..
    05-20-13 02:19 PM
    I'd like to add my stats to the table. I am a TMobile customer living in NJ. I bought my Z10 three weeks ago and since then I have experienced random reboots at least three times each week. The first week it happened like the second day. I hadn't had any apps installed. I ignored it and continued to install my apps. Since then it has continued at odd moments. In NY while having lunching i look over to check my notifications and it was in a reboot cycle. Same thing at home, I had it charging and went to check it and again reboot cycle. Made me wonder how often it happens during the night or when I'm not checking it, if I'm in a rehearsal or such. Anyway, I reloaded the os a few days ago and did not install any apps. Today while driving I look over to check my phone, which I shouldn't do while driving, but the light was blinking; how could i resist... And when I pressed the power button it went into a reboot cycle. Frustrating!!!
    I can't figure it out and it's driving me nuts. I haven't tried a new sim, but maybe that's next. Get on it Mr Fearless Leader. Use your Crackberry super powers. Thanks
    05-20-13 03:27 PM
    Once again Kevin you downplay the extent of the problem. It is not just VZW, but other U.S Canadian carriers as well as European. Is it easier to blame a U.S carrier than a Canadian company?
    Try reading the article from Yesterday. It must suck to have random reboots. He stated in the article he knows it is not limited to Verizon . As a family member of his is having the same problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:34 PM
    So, do you expect me to consider a post he had not yet made? I appreciate his latest article. Blackberry has however dropped the ball

Sent from my iPhone 5
    using Tapatalk
    05-20-13 04:29 PM
    And what about us poor T-mobile random reboot sufferers? Are we destined to throw our phones under a bus in frustration? Or, egads, throw up our hands in discuss and return to our previous platform (new BB user here....).
    05-20-13 05:12 PM
    Both my wife and I have T-Mobile (USA) Z10's, running OS 10.0.10.85 (what came preloaded with the new phones)...we have both experienced random reboots, usually at least once or twice a week. Not sure if it is related to a common app download, or simply an issue with the carrier's OS version. We are both hoping that the 10.1 update will help us as well...it's more of an annoyance than a deal-killer though. We LOVE everything else about the phones, so it's more than worth the occasional issue.
    05-20-13 06:23 PM

Is it one of these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000439_edit.png 
Views:	702 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	163612

Posted via (CB)
    My UK carrier don't offer LTE or 4G, I've set mine to 3G only. Never had a reboot. My friend on Orange had a few reboots, til he popped his Z10 onto 3G only.
    I'd totally forgot about that.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    05-20-13 07:39 PM
    Does10.1 solve the reboots for people who had them before the upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 07:53 PM
    Does10.1 solve the reboots for people who had them before the upgrade?

Posted via CB10
    It didn't for me.
    05-20-13 08:11 PM
    It didn't for me.
    Nor me
    05-20-13 08:20 PM
    My UK carrier don't offer LTE or 4G, I've set mine to 3G only. Never had a reboot. My friend on Orange had a few reboots, til he popped his Z10 onto 3G only.
    I'd totally forgot about that.

Some people have reported turning off LTE helps, and some others have said it doesn't help. It's worth a try for people who can do that, since it's easy to do.

Unfortunately us Verizon users do not have that option.

(Edit: It's also kinda hard to give up 38Mbps downloads. )
    05-20-13 08:20 PM
    I have the random reboot problem with AT&T. Daily

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 09:59 PM
    One of the main causes I had in pre 10.1 was the phone turning itself off in the holster. When you put the device in the holster, it will ignore the state of the buttons on the device, e.g. whether the top button is pressed or not. If you put the phone in the holster but accidentally hold down the top button, it will begin the count down to turn off the device, but because it's now ignoring the state of the button, the button may as well be still pressed down and the count down with continue, resulting in your device switching off.

I have, however, had times where I've placed the device on the table and had it reboot; this, I cannot explain. Maybe the battery or something gets jolted. Either way, as of 10.1, I no longer experience the issue.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:26 AM
    Did Kevin changed his Z10 without reboots with someone�s Z10 with reboots now?

I am interessted in your experiences Kevin. Gogo...

Chris
    05-21-13 09:25 AM
426 ... 1011121314 ...