I feel for you, but in the end they have every right to be here.

Crackberry.com. "For BlackBerry Users and Abusers. "

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Of course they have a right to be here and participate. I was just defending the value of a reality check.

~STV
    05-19-13 11:56 AM
    Im on Bell and had the Z10 from work. It was fine at first, but about 2 weeks in, it started rebooting once or twice per day. Sometimes i would see it reboot itself while its on my desk, untouched. But often, it seems it happened while i was puting it ON my desk, as if the small bump from the contact rebooted it. Bell referred me to Blackberry support, it got escalated, they had me send it those debug reports as soon as it crashed. Anyway, they couldnt figure it out so i just got a new one as per 30 days DOA policy. It has been good now with the new one.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:00 PM
    We can all help solve this issue by keeping out "diagnostics" set to on.
    05-19-13 12:03 PM
    STL100-2
    4G Strong Signal
    Using Foursquare

Sometimes reboot occurred while the Z10 is still in my Poket with no user interaction.

Hope this will help!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:06 PM
    We can all help solve this issue by keeping out "diagnostics" set to on.
    Good point. Some, myself included, have turned it off to save battery drain. However, I left it on for the first half of time I've owned this phone since March 26th.

~STV
    05-19-13 12:14 PM
    STL100-2
    4G Strong Signal
    Using Foursquare

Sometimes reboot occurred while the Z10 is still in my Poket with no user interaction.

Hope this will help!

Posted via CB10

maybe if it`s a tight pocket it could touch the power button
    05-19-13 12:30 PM
    Good point. Some, myself included, have turned it off to save battery drain. However, I left it on for the first half of time I've owned this phone since March 26th.

~STV
    Coming at it as someone who has worked in software for some time, it might be helpful to explain how companies like BlackBerry, Apple and others deal with defects.

There is no such thing as 100% bug free software. There are just too many variances in real world use to have the software behave exactly as it should in every person's way of using the product, under every condition that they live. Companies do their best to try and test in every common use pattern but sometimes there are surprise uses, unknown conditions that pop up, and small percentages of users that use products in obscure ways that the overwhelming majority of customers do not.

With that in mind, companies typically do a defect triage, much like you'd see in a hospital. They focus their energies on fixing the issues that have the most impact on the largest number of users since they'd never have time to research and fix all defects that might ever appear.

For example, if the Z10 crashed every time it took a photo and the Z10 sometimes had a wifi slowdown when running 1 app that only 20 people out of 5 million users used and only about .02% of the time that those people used it, which would they fix first?

The challenge with bugs is that even though their result is quite apparent to a user (battery drain, crashing etc), the causes of the defect are often head scratchers for the developers to figure out why the bug is happening. These are sophisticated pieces of hardware, running sophisticated software and services on a wide variant of sophisticated networks. A whole bunch of subtle intricate phenomenon could be happening to result in it, which mean that it can be difficult to diagnose the cause.

Having diagnostics on helps at least identify some of the common variables to help with the investigation.
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-19-13 12:30 PM
    Would be nice if people only posted Verizon issues in this thread. There are existing forums for other carriers.
    05-19-13 12:33 PM
    I am on Verizon and never actually had the issue on 10.0. Also, several leaks of 10.1 seemed to be fine, but the latest OS version 10.1.0.1756, software release 10.1.0.278 has been giving me a random reboot two or three times a day. It seems to happen in different apps, some native, some third-party, so the issue seems to be rather fundamental to the OS unfortunately. You can contact me at @davidmullins if you care for more details.
    05-19-13 12:35 PM
    Hi, from Toronto Ontario. I'm currently with bell. I got the z10 and in the first couple of weeks after purchasing it. It kept rebooting on its own once per day. I returned it for another one and now it reboots randomly from once per day to lasting up to three days then rebooting once again.

- 10.1.0.1762 update. Leaked.
    - have side loaded apps instagram, flipboard and etc
    - it freezes then reboots
    - or it will just shut off while I'm typing or listening to music and reboot.
    - bell mobility carrier

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:41 PM
    Hi, from Toronto Ontario. I'm currently with bell. I got the z10 and in the first couple of weeks after purchasing it. It kept rebooting on its own once per day. I returned it for another one and now it reboots randomly from once per day to lasting up to three days then rebooting once again.

- 10.1.0.1762 update. Leaked.
    - have side loaded apps instagram, flipboard and etc
    - it freezes then reboots
    - or it will just shut off while I'm typing or listening to music and reboot.
    - bell mobility carrier

Posted via CB10

some are thinking that some of the side load could do a reboot
    05-19-13 12:43 PM
    I even tried without the side load apps and still gives the same problem

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 12:45 PM
    STL 100-3 on Fido here in Canada. I've upgraded to 10.1 but and the reboots seem to happen MORE often?! Usually over night when I'm charging. When I first got the phone a few months ago the reboots were happening every night I reloaded the OS which seemed to help... a bit. No side loaded apps all from the blackberry world:

- blackberry travel
    - accuweather
    - what's app
    - songza
    - six guns
    - bubble
    - blackberry bridge
    - navita translator
    - barcode scanner
    - password keeper

I really hope Blackberry can find a solution asap!!
    05-19-13 12:45 PM
    I even tried without the side load apps and still gives the same problem

Posted via CB10
    what is the model number of your phone
    05-19-13 12:48 PM
    I'm on Verizon and had an occasional reboot while on the stock 10.0 OS. Since putting on the leaked 10.1 OS, I have had many more random reboots. And this may be my imagination, but it appears to me that I have more reboots, when I use the battery that originally came with the phone.

I have a secondary battery and it seems like it almost NEVER (because I haven't seen it) randomly reboots. Is there a thermal fuse in the LS1? Could there have been a manufacturing defect with the battery lot that was used in the Verizon rollout causing this random reboot?
    05-19-13 01:03 PM
    Would be nice if people only posted Verizon issues in this thread. There are existing forums for other carriers.
    Come ons, are you serious?
    Did you even read the article and subsequent comments from Kevin himself?
    This random-reboot issue is much wider than "just" US Verizon Z10s...
    If you desire a Verizon exclusive debate, goed ahead and post on their own forum!

Sorry that your carrier appears to have more "issues" with OS updating and customer support, but Blackberry and all the affected carriers around the globe need to get to the bottem of this unacceptable random-rebooting gate ASAP and develop the much needed fix before this blows up in their face...

looking at the intermediate results of the poll Kevin just started on the frontpage of Crackberry.com, as promised, indicates that 25% of the 1st 1000 participants is experiencing this random-reboots issue in one or more fasion, a not be underestimated one in fout of each Z10....
    05-19-13 01:26 PM
    Come ons, are you serious?
    Did you even read the article and subsequent comments from Kevin himself?
    This random-reboot issue is much wider than "just" US Verizon Z10s...
    If you desire a Verizon exclusive debate, goed ahead and post on their own forum!
    Did you not read the title of this thread? Here, let me post it again for you-

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-808460/

Oh wait, what does it say? Verizon random reboot issue update? Oh my god, this must be a post about every other device model and carrier than Verizon and the STL100-4...

Please, we know others have it but for right now it is most common on Verizon Z10s. At least that is what is being reported.

Again, this thread was started for the Verizon Z10 users with an update from Kevin with new information he found out.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    05-19-13 01:34 PM
    Love my Z10!! But indeed also reboot on daily base mostly when charging or inactive period on my device. i.m on Vodafone in the Netherlands.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:44 PM

Oh wait, what does it say? Verizon random reboot issue update? Oh my god, this must be a post about every other device model and carrier than Verizon and the STL100-4...

Please, we know others have it but for right now it is most common on Verizon Z10s. At least that is what is being reported.

Again, this thread was started for the Verizon Z10 users with an update from Kevin with new information he found out.
    But Kevin has been told numerous times that its more than a Verizon issue and yet it keeps getting shifted towards Verizon in what seems to me as an attempt to try and lessen the issue. Kevin was called into a thread a few days ago where he was told and he acknowledged that it is more than just Verizon users. Going back and saying its Verizon only is counterproductive because it isn't and it should be stated over and over in this thread as far as I'm concerned until its realized that other carriers are having this issue too.
    E10CDM likes this.
    05-19-13 01:48 PM
    But Kevin has been told numerous times that its more than a Verizon issue and yet it keeps getting shifted towards Verizon in what seems to me as an attempt to try and lessen the issue. Kevin was called into a thread a few days ago where he was told and he acknowledged that it is more than just Verizon users. Going back and saying its Verizon only is counterproductive because it isn't and it should be stated over and over in this thread as far as I'm concerned until its realized that other carriers are having this issue too.
    But here is the thing, we know it is happening on other models. It is just most common on the STL100-4 according to many reports, and people posting on this forum. We know the 2 and 3 have the issue as well, and I haven't see anything about people having it with the STL100-1.

This was a specific update for Verizon users. Spamming this thread that other device models have the problem as well is useless. He didn't get information about the other devices, he found info about the STL100-4.

There are plenty of other threads reporting that the 2, 3 and 4 are having the problems. Use those so Verizon users can post in a thread specifically started for Verizon Z10 users having this problem.

I don't think anyone is trying to lessen the issue. The issue is just much more common on the STL100-4. I now know 6 people with the Z10. 2 on AT&T and 4 (including myself) on VZW. 3 of us on VZW have random reboots and none of the ones on AT&T do. When looking at this forum, the majority of users here reporting this issue own the STL100-4. Sounds to me that the problem is mostly effecting Verizon users, and a smaller number of users with other models.

This can also be that Verizon is selling more devices than anyone else, but who knows?
    I hope it is resolved for everyone.
    05-19-13 01:57 PM
    I experienced it for the first time today, that I know of anyway. Whether it's happened while on the charger overnight, I'm not aware.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:00 PM

No need to start hitting on me just because I posted the obvious truth..
    Did you read my comment in full? Do not think so...
    Yes, Kevin started it as a "Verizon only" issue at first, but was corrected in many comments and acknowledge in a later comment in this tread it is much wider, global issue, across multiple Z10 models. Also read his lines before and after the poll ons the frontpage, and withdraw your rant

Offcourse, since Verizon is the only carrier using the 100-4 (in much less numbers then the more common 100-2 and 100-3 out there with the rest of us) it is much easier to pinpoint/exclude and report on, so feel free to continue to do that.. Only please stop excluding the other Z10 users who suffer from simular random-reboot issues getting the attention they deserve!
    05-19-13 02:05 PM
    But here is the thing, we know it is happening on other models. It is just most common on the STL100-4 according to many reports, and people posting on this forum. We know the 2 and 3 have the issue as well, and I haven't see anything about people having it with the STL100-1.

This was a specific update for Verizon users. Spamming this thread that other device models have the problem as well is useless. He didn't get information about the other devices, he found info about the STL100-4.

There are plenty of other threads reporting that the 2, 3 and 4 are having the problems. Use those so Verizon users can post in a thread specifically started for Verizon Z10 users having this problem.

I don't think anyone is trying to lessen the issue. The issue is just much more common on the STL100-4. I now know 6 people with the Z10. 2 on AT&T and 4 (including myself) on VZW. 3 of us on VZW have random reboots and none of the ones on AT&T do. When looking at this forum, the majority of users here reporting this issue own the STL100-4. Sounds to me that the problem is mostly effecting Verizon users, and a smaller number of users with other models.

This can also be that Verizon is selling more devices than anyone else, but who knows?
    I hope it is resolved for everyone.
    Good point, I guess I really didn't understand what you were saying earlier but I get it and it makes sense.
    05-19-13 02:07 PM
    No need to start hitting on me just because I posted the obvious truth..
    Hitting on you? I didn't know I was attracted to you?

Did you read my comment in full? Do not think so...
    Yes I did. Did you read mine?

Yes, Kevin started it as a "Verizon only" issue at first, but was corrected in many comments and acknowledge in a later comment in this tread it is much wider, global issue, across multiple Z10 models. Also read his lines before and after the poll ons the frontpage, and withdraw your rant
    I don't give a damn about what is posted on the front page. I give a damn about why this thread was started and who it was directed at. If you read my comment, you would know where I am coming from.

You are derailing this thread. This thread was specifically started to give VERIZON USERS an update. Not STL100-1-2-3 users an update, STL100-4 users ONLY. Did his original post say anything about anyone else? No. Any other carrier? No. So go to one of the other threads that do include the other models and carriers.

Why the hell would Z10 users that don't have a Verizon STL100-4 Z10 look to this thread about information regarding their device, when for all we know the random reboots can be completely different issue and reasons for happening according to device model.

This thread is not an article. Like I said, feel free to comment about YOUR device on that ARTICLE with the poll. Not in this thread about the STL100-4 and the update provided for those users.

Try to keep the forums organized. It really isn't a hard concept.

Offcourse, since Verizon is the only carrier using the 100-4 (in much less numbers then the more common 100-2 and 100-3 out there with the rest of us) it is much easier to pinpoint/exclude and report on, so feel free to continue to do that.. Only please stop excluding the other Z10 users who suffer from simular random-reboot issues getting the attention they deserve!
    How do you know there aren't more STL100-4 models in the wild? Verizon is the largest carrier (by country) selling the Z10.

Again, NO ONE IS EXCLUDING OTHER USERS. This thread was just SPECIFICALLY CREATED FOR VERIZON AND THE STL100-4.

Look at the quote below this. He understands what I am saying, why the hell don't you?

Good point, I guess I really didn't understand what you were saying earlier but I get it and it makes sense.
    It's all good and thank you.

Like I said, I hope this issue is resolved for EVERYONE. We all have the Z10 and we are all in this together. Let's jut try to keep this organized is all I am saying.
    05-19-13 02:16 PM
    Updated to 10.1 here last week and I am on the Bell network here in Canada . And this morning I simply woke up the phone and clicked on my CB ap on my phone and lo and behold my phone shut down and restarted. This has happened once before but not the same scenario. Seems to be no set logic behind why it does this!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:27 PM
426 ... 7891011 ...