Common complaint with Android apps or ports. Which I believe all the ones you named are. I think the old Verizon firmware is at least partly the problem there.
    Any idea which of these is causing this issue. Is poynt a native app or a port by the way??

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 06:36 AM
    Like I said before I'm not downplaying it, I'm just putting things into perspective. All manufacturers end up with lemons and faulty batches. And you have my word I will buy a Z10 as soon I can find someone who will be willing to buy my faulty iPhone 5!
    He's wisely bringing that up because us loyal BlackBerry users are sick of newer converts coming in here and saying that BlackBerry still sucks and they will switch back to Android or iOS where there are no problems.

I am VERY critical on BlackBerry for not fixing this yet but at the same time I'm not going to be ridiculous and think no other phones have problems.

~STV
    05-19-13 06:38 AM
    I think that chances are that it's a software issue since lots of people had reported the the reboot issue had been less common... or that it's gone.

If we look at this backward... the reason that BlackBerry 10 would reboot is probably because something froze the phone. BlackBerry is probably designed to kill the process that froze the phone... maybe it can't. so it reboots the phone.

What can cause a phone to freeze ? Lots of stuff. That's why it's so difficult to pinpoint the problem. But since it seems to happen more often on Verizon, then there must be something at Verizon that is causing most of the reboots.

Posted via CB10
    What makes you think it happens more on Verizon? It has been happening to me since day one and I'm on Koodo. Maybe more people are complaining from Verizon. I'm sure there are more people that have the reboots that have no idea since it happens a lot at night while they are sleeping or when they aren't using the phone...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:10 AM
    Ughhhh!! Phone rebooted during the early morning and killed my alarm!!! They really need to get to the bottom of what is causing this! I have to look for a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:16 AM
    Ughhhh!! Phone rebooted during the early morning and killed my alarm!!! They really need to get to the bottom of what is causing this! I have to look for a backup phone.

Posted via CB10
    How does that kill your alarm? I thought once you turn it on it stays that was until you manually turn it off. Reboots or not...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:38 AM
    How does that kill your alarm? I thought once you turn it on it stays that was until you manually turn it off. Reboots or not...

Posted via CB10
    That's hit or miss. Sometimes when mine reboots during the night it clears out the alarm. Other times it doesn't. I can't use it as my alarm anymore because its too unreliable.
    05-19-13 07:40 AM
    That's hit or miss. Sometimes when mine reboots during the night it clears out the alarm. Other times it doesn't. I can't use it as my alarm anymore because its too unreliable.
    Weird... I just turned my alarm on and rebooted and it's still on. Maybe that is another piece of the puzzle on trying to solve the reboot issue.... Maybe the alarm is tied into it somehow...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:42 AM
    I have a multi alarm app...

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 07:49 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ok well that makes sense then. Too bad there isnt a setting in the multiple alarm app that you can use that makes it boot at startup.... Maybe contact the developer to add that in if possible...
    05-19-13 07:53 AM
    What makes you think it happens more on Verizon? It has been happening to me since day one and I'm on Koodo. Maybe more people are complaining from Verizon. I'm sure there are more people that have the reboots that have no idea since it happens a lot at night while they are sleeping or when they aren't using the phone...

Posted via CB10
    From a previous thread... the great majority of people with random reboots was in Verizon. so it's a good place to start investigating cause it's easier to find the problem when a lot of people have it than just a few.

And yeah its possible that some people don't see it cause it's overnight, but even there lots of most Verizon users reported reboots at night

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 08:18 AM
    He's wisely bringing that up because us loyal BlackBerry users are sick of newer converts coming in here and saying that BlackBerry still sucks and they will switch back to Android or iOS where there are no problems.

I am VERY critical on BlackBerry for not fixing this yet but at the same time I'm not going to be ridiculous and think no other phones have problems.

~STV
    I feel for you, but in the end they have every right to be here.

Crackberry.com. "For BlackBerry Users and Abusers. "

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-19-13 08:23 AM
    Why would that make us feel better? Personally I don't care about any other brands or any issues that they may have.

You can downplay it all you want, but since you don't have one and it isn't affecting you, it's hard to take you serious.
    Actually it's a good idea to look at random reboots on other phones cause if there is a network problem with carriers, it could also affect other phones.

Posted via CB10
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-19-13 08:27 AM
    Ok well that makes sense then. Too bad there isnt a setting in the multiple alarm app that you can use that makes it boot at startup.... Maybe contact the developer to add that in if possible...

Not possible with the current OS, it's one of the missing features that we hope to see later this year.

My suggestion for those who have this problem and are using a 3rd-party alarm app: set a "backup alarm" (ie a few minutes later) using the native alarm functionality, in case your 3rd-party alarm app gets closed unexpectedly.
    05-19-13 08:33 AM
    Actually it's a good idea to look at random reboots on other phones cause if there is a network problem with carriers, it could also affect other phones.

Posted via CB10
    Well I can tell you that I currently own an ip5 an HTC One, and a Z10. None of the iPhones (all of them) i have ever had had this problem that I've owned and none of the Android phones I've owned (gs2-4 (briefly), HTC One) have ever had this problem so it makes me think its not a carrier issue.
    05-19-13 08:40 AM
    OK, posted a poll on the CrackBerry homepage. Go vote and leave a comment if you're having issues:

CrackBerry Asks: Have you experienced randoom reboots on your BlackBerry Z10? | CrackBerry.com
    h20work, Camelhmpz and trsbbs like this.
    05-19-13 09:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Aaahhh, so you need it running as an active frame. I was getting ready to ask how that could happen. Heh.
    05-19-13 09:13 AM
    I have been on Crackberry now for about 3 years since i have had my Torch 9800, and i remember in the past that certain OS6 and OS7 phones would reboot.They were mostly USA carriers esp Verizon.Now these reboots on the Z10 are they all happening on Branded phones locked to the carrier network eg Verizon or are they unlocked phones with network sim card in or is it not happening on unlocked phones?
    05-19-13 09:15 AM
    My Verizon Z10 used to reboot about once per week. No reboots since upgrading to 10.1.0.1756.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 09:17 AM
    Mexico 6 - no reboots from day one... That's why i think we need more Details.
    Attachment 163157

2-3 reboots every day... sent back for repair

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2
    - NETHERLANDS QWERTY - Charcoal Black
    10.0.10 Bundle 738

PRD-49737-090 * * * * * * * * * * *300313
    Model: RFH121LW * * * * * * * * * Made In MEXICO 6

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vgqgbhjm0...2016.04.15.png

Sent from my GT-N7100 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-19-13 09:38 AM
    I found this really odd when I heard some blogs like MobileTechRoundup - they said their Z10 re-booted , I have to admit the first software of the Z10 released in Canada had email issue's and battery was horrible, but since the updates the Z10 has been problem free, the battery life is great and I never had re-booting issues since owning the phone.
    Last edited by jic999; 05-19-13 at 09:57 AM.
    05-19-13 09:46 AM
    Kevin,

Thank you for asking around about this and it is good to know that BlackBerry is aware of it.

My Verizon Z10 reboots most nights on the stock charger and has rebooted only a handful times off of the charger.

As with everyone else I am looking forward to a solution.
    05-19-13 10:13 AM
    I have these random reboots since I own the device, since April 1 (I'm on Dutch Vodafone) on an old sim, I ordered a new one and will install next week. The reboot behaviour is random although I think it reboots more easily if I charge it with number of cctive screen apps open. But then again, on a normal day, I put the phone in my pocket and when I take it out it two minutes later it asks me for my sim password, lucky us that rebooting doesn't take ages anymore. I'm pretty relaxed on it, my collegue doesn't take these reboots lightly though. His device reboots on a new sim less as before but still enough to have him rant every now and than.
    05-19-13 10:26 AM
    Anybody out there with the reboot issue tried swapping the SIM card? Dies the problem stay?

BTW, I've been plagued by this problem for several weeks in a row and all of a sudden the reboot issue was gone. Didn't change anything, esp. no SW upgrade etc.

A bunch of my colleagues are still having this problem though.

BTW, it's not only Verizon - happens here in Austria too (3G and LTE)

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 10:56 AM
    Funny you should ask. I've used three OS releases on my Z10... a 10.0.9, 10.0.10, and now a 10.1 release. I never had random reboot problems till the latest release. Had three in the past week. On one of them I lost all access to the SD card for two days. Luckily the SD card suddenly reappeared for no apparent reason. There definitely something screwy going on here. I'm on Fido in Canada.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 11:18 AM
    I'm with Tmobile and my Z10 has rebooted randomly for the fourth time this month. The last time it rebooted was on Friday May17th, 2010 while it wasn't in use. It just go ahead and reboot itself. Up to this point I had no Android ported app. I only have downloaded or updated the following apps:
    . BlackBerry Travel 3.0.2.8
    . BlackBerry Maps 10.0.0.639
    . Angry Bird Star Wars 1.1.0.44
    . CB10 1.4.2.1
    . Cisco WebEx Meetings 2.0.0.154
    . Let's Golf 1.0.7.5
    . LinkedIn 10.0.3.0
    . PGA Tour 1.0.0.174
    . Shark Dash Tmobile Version 1.0.3.6
    . Six Guns 1.0.3.1
    05-19-13 11:55 AM
426 ... 678910 ...