Im on at&t and the reboot issue has happened to me several times. Usually the phone freezes (no gestures work) then it will reboot.

My girlfriend is on verizon and hers reboots much more frequently. Its frustrating because i was the one who made her switch from her android to the z10. Shes starting to hate the phone because of these issues. Sigh...
    05-18-13 01:18 PM
    [QUOTE=h20work;8505052]

You have used the "over 4 million " sold now, where are you getting this info from?

You should buy one though, then it will be 4 million +1
    They sold 1 million in February in just 3 or 4 countries (UK, Canada, UAE and India for a few days) based on their last earnings report. Jefferies Securities Scotiabank estimate Blackberry will ship close to 4 millions BB devices in Q1 2014 ending June 1. My guess is 3MM Z10s and 1MM Q10, and I think it's quite conservative and the actual numbers might be bigger than than as I heard they ramped up their productionto +2MM BB10 phones / month a few months ago.

@ Donnation.

I used to love Apple products but not anymore. My iPhone 5 has wifi connectivity issues, my $2,000 iMac has the same problem and on top of that the power switch died on me and I had to replace it after only 11 months with very poor customer service provided. Finally, the Safari web browser on my iPad keeps on crashing... I will never buy an Apple product ever again. A few friends of mine have Z10s and have never experienced any problems, period. I will be dumping my iPhone 5 and buying a Z10 in the next few months.
    05-18-13 01:22 PM
    Like Kevin, I was at BBLive also, and took time to inquire of some BlackBerry techs on the rebooting issue.
    Here's what I know:
    • It is not a Verizon only issue. I have two friends on ATT and TMO who are rebooting.
    • Mine and another friend on Verizon are rebooting.
    • Upgrading to OS 10.1 (any of the leaked releases) has not resolved the issue.
    • Switching over to Global rather than LTE has not resolved it.
    • Wiping and reformatting the Media Card has not resolved it.
    • Wiping and reloading any OS has not resolved it.
    • It reboots both on WiFi and on network only.
    • I commonly see the red blinking new message LED before a reboot, and most of the time it is a new BBM message or Group message (after checking the most recent messages after a reboot).
    • I have not swapped the SIM card, and will this week.

The people I spoke with in Orlando are aware of it and working on it. They know it is cross-carrier. They need more log files to cover the research on this and I'd encourage anyone to get their issue escalated up from their mobile operator support to BlackBerry on this.

Yea, not real helpful, but hopeful.
    Slamdunc1 and h20work like this.
    05-18-13 01:51 PM
    Ugh, just because an iphone reboots doesn't make it acceptable for a BlackBerry.

5 pages and not one mention of other phones until now
    i am not saying its acceptable. i am saying that it could help pinpoint the problem
    05-18-13 02:06 PM
    VZN here, and since loading 10.1.0.1756 reboots seem less often, but most definitely still happening. Tried switching to LTE.CDMA and will see what happens. VZN needs to get this addressed and put an update out, without a doubt.
    05-18-13 02:12 PM
    maybe we need a thread where ppl with reboots can compare carrier, model, apps, serial number, OSversion settings Location and reboot time ?
    so to only post and compare the facts.... this will help to find the common ?

i like the talk but we need facts
    05-18-13 02:19 PM
    I kind of concur that at least some of the issues are carrier based.

I have had my Z10 for 3 months without a single reboot. UNTIL... I roamed in the USA using AT&T.....I got 2 reboots while driving and another while the phone was plugged in at night. Since returning home 2 weeks ago not a single reboot.

Can I explain it ? No.
    Should it happen ? No
    Should the carriers and BB get together and fix it for those having the problem ? Of course.

I will probably go in the state soon when I got the new job I applied to....got my phone unlocked on telus ...will be using their sim card....now you are saying reboot in the state.....interesting....can't wait to go there and testing it....never had a reboot myself..
    05-18-13 03:01 PM
    Verizon costumer here. Switched from Global to CDMA 4G LTE and no reboots so far. FYI.
    05-18-13 03:05 PM
    I kind of concur that at least some of the issues are carrier based.

I have had my Z10 for 3 months without a single reboot. UNTIL... I roamed in the USA using AT&T.....I got 2 reboots while driving and another while the phone was plugged in at night. Since returning home 2 weeks ago not a single reboot.

Can I explain it ? No.
    Should it happen ? No
    When you travel through many ATT towers over long distances the phone can reboot, shut down or show a good signal but not go anywhere. Its all cell phone towers glitchs what you layed out here. Wireless technology is FAR FROM PERFECT. weather its satellite tv, a cell tower or a wireless printer, problems still remain!

Why does it happen ? IRS and CIA spying perhaps? I dont know. Carrier IQ ? IDK ! What you experienced here on ATT is a common occurrence for any phone and several that I have owned and others known.
    Last edited by Motorhead777; 05-18-13 at 08:08 PM.
    05-18-13 03:14 PM
    when you guys say global are you talking GSM?????
    05-18-13 03:15 PM
    maybe we need a thread where ppl with reboots can compare carrier, model, apps, serial number, OSversion settings Location and reboot time ?
    so to only post and compare the facts.... this will help to find the common ?

i like the talk but we need facts
    It's quite clear that the only common denominator is the phone itself and the software/apps that are included with the OS (OS version is irrelevant also). Has anyone ever considered a certain manufacture batch from a certain country? I remember back when the 9800 was released and a lot of people (including myself) had complained about a loose slider. Same situation (relatively speaking), some people had it, some didn't, but there was talk about comparisons of units from different assembly countries. What if it were as simple as a hardware issue narrowed down to a specific manufacture plant? I'm on AT&T and have had reboots since release day. My box says Made in Mexico 6.

With people saying it's "mostly" a Verizon issue, that's just plain ignorant. It doesn't matter if 99% of the people complaining are Verizon customers, the fact that people from many carriers around the globe have the issue, carrier specificity is void.
    05-18-13 03:15 PM
    Hello just my two cents here... Firstly I'd just like to say I'm sorry to hear that you Z10 owners are having this issue because it's really hard to keep moving when your phone is randomly rebooting. I don't have a Z10 (sigh, sigh, sigh) however from reading all the accounts I'm led to believe that it's indeed a problem with the radio modules. Just thinking that the playbook and BB10 pretty much have the same DNA yet the playbook doesnt have random reboots (albeit the wifi playbook doesn't tho I've never heard of the 4g one having that problem either) tho this could very well be as a result of new coding. Also I still believe QNX has a "mind of its own" and when it doesn't close your apps randomly (on playbook) it reboots the Z10

Really hope BlackBerry is taking this issue very seriously and not just sit and wait till the issue is all over the media.
    05-18-13 03:17 PM
    It's quite clear that the only common denominator is the phone itself and the software/apps that are included with the OS (OS version is irrelevant also). Has anyone ever considered a certain manufacture batch from a certain country? I remember back when the 9800 was released and a lot of people (including myself) had complained about a loose slider. Same situation (relatively speaking), some people had it, some didn't, but there was talk about comparisons of units from different assembly countries. What if it were as simple as a hardware issue narrowed down to a specific manufacture plant? I'm on AT&T and have had reboots since release day. My box says Made in Mexico 6.

With people saying it's "mostly" a Verizon issue, that's just plain ignorant. It doesn't matter if 99% of the people complaining are Verizon customers, the fact that people from many carriers around the globe have the issue, carrier specificity is void.
    I am on telus network and mine too says MADE IN MEXICO 6 and I have no reboot
    05-18-13 03:20 PM
    you are wrong!!!!!!!!!! When you travel through many towers over long distances the phone can reboot, shut down or show a good signal but not go anywhere. Its all cell phone towers glitchs what you layed out here. Wireless technology is FAR FROM PERFECT. Do yourslef a favor and stop thinking its bullet proof and glitch free because weather its satalite tv, a cell tower or a wireless printer, problems still remain!

why would he be completely wrong???? I am not so sure about that....yes it is not perfect. I did own iphone 4s. htc android and none of those had a single reboot, actually I never heard about reboot till I got here in this community....drop call yes got those, depending where you are at between tower..

Now I am lucky cause my phone has no reboot just some other software issue when I was on 10.0 in the phone app when calling.

Cell tower I could see being a problem depending how far they are between..here between Sakatchewan and Manitoba there is a dead zone which my phone has no signal at all and it doesn't reboot the phone..
    05-18-13 03:33 PM
    I am on telus network and mine too says MADE IN MEXICO 6 and I have no reboot
    So, honestly, why are you posting in this thread several times?
    E10CDM and h20work like this.
    05-18-13 03:38 PM
    [QUOTE=jsanders;8505784]So, honestly, why are you posting in this thread several times? [/QUOT

.I read something then respond..isn't the way it goes?
    CMcRob likes this.
    05-18-13 03:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Frenchman75;8504894]

So how come it's not all over the news and that after going through hundreds of customer reviews from France, USA, Canada, UK and Spain (yes I do speak the three languages), I may have seen one or 2 people complaining about this? There are very large hedge funds and short sellers betting against Blackberry right now and if this was the case, they would be all over this, trust me.

Haven't you heard about Detwiler Fenton being probed by the SEC for claiming that there more Z10 returns than actual sales. Verizon confirmed returns were in line or better than industry standards. Verizon definitely seems to be the carrier with the most people experiencing this problem which would corroborate what you just said. I agree it should be fixed asap but once again, it might be carrier related and they seem to be isolated compared to over 4MM sold phones worldwide by now.
    Better question...

Why can't we just agree to leave this as an issue that is verified to exist and effects a considerable, even if minority, still considerable amount of users?

Why can't we just focus on finding a fix and reporting data rather than turning this into a pissing content?

Here's to returning productivity to this thread!

~STV
    E10CDM, h20work and kevinnugent like this.
    05-18-13 03:55 PM
    STL100-2 Vodafone NL 3G Made in Mexico 6
    2-3 random reboots / day, sometimes freeze and reboots, always at night while charging
    OS 10.1 build 1720, and did a security wipe and fresh install of all Apps etc, no sideloads
    Got a brandnew SIM card in Vodafone shop last week, and a New class 10 microSDHC
    Problems continue...

Got Vodafone NL to start a technical incident on this by pushing on Dutch social media a bit, noticed more Dutch Z10 users ons Vodafone reporting same random-reboots.

Also noticed Omnitech thread and list of what does not fix, fully agree..his theory on network "boundary" issue is supported by my observations, appears to happen mostly when 3G coverage drops or gets very weak. Also noticing no coverage indicator now once in a while, but no immediate reboots, they keep being random 1 - 3 times and day, to much!

Vodafone tech desk has not contacted me yet, they have no log files etc; will advise them also to bump it up the chain to Blackberry tech reps and pass on log files to give the Dutch Vodafone experience in this Global random reboots question!
    Last edited by E10CDM; 05-18-13 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Stupide auto-correct on PB ;)
    05-18-13 03:57 PM
    I wonder if there's simply a memory leak that's forcing the OS to commit suicide and restart.
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    05-18-13 04:35 PM
    Just had a reboot on leak 1880, AT&T and Z10. This is only the third in the 6 weeks I have had this phone. I had none with the previous leak.

Mine was made in Mexico 6 with HWD Ver 1

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by jgrobertson; 05-18-13 at 05:56 PM.
    05-18-13 04:36 PM
    TMo, Mexico "6", Reboots like a champ on the original OS and every leaked version. the 1627 appears to MINIMIZE the issue, not rectify it. The 1762 leak made it much worse for me. That's why I reverted back to 1627.
    Once corrected, I would LOVE to know what the root cause is/was, though we may never know. So much discussion. Would kinda be a bummer if we never heard what it really was..... Just me.
    05-18-13 04:41 PM
    STL100-2
    Mexico 6
    T-Mobile Germany (Deutsche Telekom)
    Official 10.1.0.1720 loaded via OTA

Reboots mostly overnight when charging in airplane mode.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 04:59 PM
    [QUOTE=STV0726;8505850]

Better question...

Why can't we just agree to leave this as an issue that is verified to exist and effects a considerable, even if minority, still considerable amount of users?

Why can't we just focus on finding a fix and reporting data rather than turning this into a pissing content?

Here's to returning productivity to this thread!

~STV
    Totally agree, but let's not blow things out of proportion. By reading some of the comments on this thread, they make it sound that it is a widespread issue and that most Z10s have random reboots which is not the case at all from what I can see.
    05-18-13 05:10 PM
    Many interesting thoughts and happenings on this thread...I have patience and it will be resolved, I have a backup phone too just in case. I love my Z10 so much that I am willing to work through this. I know many others who feel the same. If u gotta switch phones, we totally understand as we are a Crackberry nation that appreciates the input I will be keeping my Z10 for now...just my thoughts

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 05:11 PM
    I still feel like this is more of a (mainly, but not necessarily) US carrier supplied/provided packet routing issue that also coincides with how the OS (radio/SFI) handles it that may be causing the random reboot issue...
    Last edited by Kamika007z; 05-18-13 at 05:28 PM.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    05-18-13 05:14 PM
426 ... 45678 ...