[QUOTE=Frenchman75;8502735]I don't want to downplay the situation but I am a Blackberry investor who has been doing a lot of research and going through hundreds of customer reviews around the world before I decided to invest in this company. Even though a lot of people have been complaining on Crackberry about these random reboot issues (maybe four hundred max and maybe half don't experience them anymore based on one of the latest polls), this problem seems to remain very isolated.

You are absolutely incorrect, sir.

The reboot issue is so prevalent that it is happening to Verizon employees who are testing 10.1.

I purchased my phone from a Verizon VP here in NYC, at an incredible price I might add, as Blackberry gave him a few. We've kept in touch and the other day he sent me a text saying "There may be an issue with these phones, period. We are getting random reboots and overheated phones."

So this issue is a lot more widespread than you care to believe.

Oh, and my phone reboots every night on the charger and in Bedside mode. Every night. Without fail.
    Camelhmpz, h20work and queritor like this.
    05-18-13 09:03 AM
    Yeah it's definitely not carrier related... but there is something at Verizon that makes it more common there.

It's really difficult to figure this one out. Hopefully BlackBerry had been able to isolated the problem and even recreate it.

Posted via CB10
    +1

This issue needs to be BlackBerry's absolute #1 priority.

We don't want any unsavory reviewers to say "Ah new BlackBerry OS same classic issues."

~STV
    05-18-13 09:05 AM
    While I am only speculating here, I think that the actual reboots themselves are not the real problem. What actually may be happening is that something else crashes, and the OS cannot recover, it will trigger a reboot of the phone. Just like Windows XP and later does if there is a BSOD, there's a reboot. In windows you can turn that feature off. The reboot is the symptom of the real cause, whatever it was that caused the phone to crash, it's like an automated battery pull if you will. This is why it's so hard to solve the "reboot" problem, because there's probably several different underlying issues that cause it, and because the phone's default behaviour is to reboot when it gets into trouble, it all looks the same to the end user.

so when reps say they fixed the reboot issue, they should be saying that they identified an issue that triggered reboots and fixed that one, there may still be others.

my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    bobshine and jaydee5799 like this.
    05-18-13 09:06 AM
    Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    atta boy,,, good deal,,, while this doesn't affect me directly, it's good to know you're using your access to get the word out,,, this helps folks out & is grrreat for moral,,, not being able to spill the beans on certain things is understandable, but addressing important issues, affecting BlackBerry sub-groups, those who has different concerns within the BB world, goes a looong way w/ some folks,,, & this can certainly be done without fracturing the foundation of any delicate, hard earned, established relationships,,, ,,, keep it up...
    05-18-13 09:06 AM
    Jtt tkTiluynttal.m,

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 09:07 AM
    Jtt tkTiluynttal.m,

Posted via CB10
    lol,,, please tell me that was a b u tt post...
    05-18-13 10:14 AM
    How do you know this? How would you explain that even my 2nd device reboots without even a sim card installed on a clean install??
    Carrier Bloatware something they have installed is the issue, with no sim in the device its carrier crap loaded into the OS.

Explain this: Why is it MILLIONS of USERS don't have Reboot Issues?
    05-18-13 10:26 AM
    Once again, you are completely wrong and spreading false information.
    Its only incorrect info for those who can not see the truth.
    05-18-13 10:27 AM
    I went through two new, fresh from the box phones with severe reboot problems before I received a recertified Z10. The recertified device works flawlessly. It's awesome.

I have had the 10.1.0.1756 leak for a week on Verizon with a few sideloaded applications and no uninitiated reboots. I had to reboot manually a couple of times to restore audio to the handset speaker, but I had control over those.

I simply do not think the problem is exclusively software related. No other variable changed for me when we swapped phones: same SIM, SD card, and backup data. I think the carriers are fighting returns while BB figures out where things went wrong.
    05-18-13 10:35 AM
    Carrier Bloatware something they have installed is the issue, with no sim in the device its carrier crap loaded into the OS.

Explain this: Why is it MILLIONS of USERS don't have Reboot Issues?
    Ok, I am on t-mobile germany and there is NO bloatware installed on the device, there isnt even a branding! Most people just return their device if it does not work and choose another product/brand, they do not come here to complain or seek advice. Also people are not aware of the issue, because they do not check reboot time or they have their sim pin disabled.
    05-18-13 10:42 AM
    The truth is, that noone except BB knows why this happens!
    h20work likes this.
    05-18-13 10:44 AM
    yeah the title is wrong .it should of been " who in the world has random reboot "

so that way the rest of the world will not feel left out......
    05-18-13 11:06 AM
    Since people in this thread are repeating what people in all the other threads on the subject are doing leading to people wasting time/money on "fixes" that DO NOT WORK, please see the post I created to help people avoid that:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...eryone-801750/

Yes, people from all around the world experience this problem. Thus it is certainly not specific to Verizon users, or USA users. (WIth one caveat: I have only heard of one single Crackberry user that uses an STL100-1 device, which is mostly sold in certain Asian countries and Africa, having this issue - whereas I have seen accounts from hundreds of other people who suffer from this problem. That is the model without LTE, with the Texas Instruments rather than Qualcomm CPU. Any more STL100-1 datapoints to share?)

Have been trying wifi only, 3G, 2G and even without any network at al.
    [...]
    And still, it reboots like there is no tomorrow

I'm curious about the "no network at all" test. I have wondered if a phone basically in airplane mode with all radios turned-off, would still randomly reboot. Can you give more details on your testing in that respect?

Because I believe the issue is communications-related, possibly having something to do with background communications/Hub, and then a subsequent CPU deadlock, followed by overheating and device reboot via the OS's "Sanity Monitor".

I don't think it has to do with the heat. Maybe it's something that we can't see or control

Several people including myself have noted a correlation between device overheating and reboots. Something is going on in the device, such as a process deadlock, that causes it to draw a lot of power, heat up, and reboot. Since there is no tool that I have yet found that will display CPU utilization on a Z10, I cannot even check that. I suspect that some zombie process gets in a loop, bogging the CPU down and overheating the device, and the OS's so-called "Sanity Monitor" then restarts the device.
    vlechtsel and E10CDM like this.
    05-18-13 11:08 AM
    AT&T user. Reboots several times a day. I got a new SIM card for the Z10 when I got it. No apps installed. On my second device.

10.1 didn't fix squat and battery life is now worse. I really wish BB would step up on this and figure it out. I'm close to being done with this phone.
    05-18-13 11:12 AM
    AT&T user. Reboots several times a day. I got a new SIM card for the Z10 when I got it. No apps installed. On my second device.

10.1 didn't fix squat and battery life is now worse. I really wish BB would step up on this and figure it out. I'm close to being done with this phone.
    I can't blame you. I'm sorry that that's your experience.

I consider myself very fortunate to not have these issues. Truth is I'd probably deal with it only because I'm hard core BlackBerry, but I fully 200% realize that is unrealistic to expect anyone else to just wait for a fix when there seems to be no word or eta.

Once they fix this rebooting issue though. BB10 is truly super stable and snappy.

~STV
    05-18-13 11:16 AM
    I think that you are confusing religion with technology. And btw, it seems that you actually can see the truth but don't want to believe it...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 11:31 AM
    How do you know this? How would you explain that even my 2nd device reboots without even a sim card installed on a clean install??
    I kind of concur that at least some of the issues are carrier based.

I have had my Z10 for 3 months without a single reboot. UNTIL... I roamed in the USA using AT&T.....I got 2 reboots while driving and another while the phone was plugged in at night. Since returning home 2 weeks ago not a single reboot.

Can I explain it ? No.
    Should it happen ? No
    Should the carriers and BB get together and fix it for those having the problem ? Of course.
    05-18-13 11:46 AM
    I have only had one random reboot that I know of. I was taking it out of my pocket and noticed that it had restarted itself. Not sure if it has happened more than that and I just haven't noticed it or what. It makes me nervous about upgrading to 10.1 when it finally hits Verizon. I haven't had any problems, and I don't want to risk them starting after the update. In the month that I have had my phone, I have only lost LTE once, so if it's a signal issue maybe that's why it hasn't happened to me yet...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:08 PM
    BTW, if you guys quickly do a Google search on random reboots, but instead of writing BB, write iPhone and it seems like its a problem there too. I didn't search for Android, cause there are just too many variables (many manufacturers, OS are all customized).

Also notice that there had been a few mentions of Verizon too.

I am starting to think that it could really be linked to the radio... maybe the LTE radio. Yeah, sideloaded apps may cause a reboot. Heating may also cause. but what is working all the time when you are using sideloaded app or when the phone heats? I think the LTE radio has to do with it and could explain most of the problems.

There must be a link.
    05-18-13 12:14 PM
    BTW, if you guys quickly do a Google search on random reboots, but instead of writing BB, write iPhone and it seems like its a problem there too. I didn't search for Android, cause there are just too many variables (many manufacturers, OS are all customized).

Also notice that there had been a few mentions of Verizon too.

I am starting to think that it could really be linked to the radio... maybe the LTE radio. Yeah, sideloaded apps may cause a reboot. Heating may also cause. but what is working all the time when you are using sideloaded app or when the phone heats? I think the LTE radio has to do with it and could explain most of the problems.

There must be a link.
    Ugh, just because an iphone reboots doesn't make it acceptable for a BlackBerry.

5 pages and not one mention of other phones until now
    05-18-13 12:22 PM
    [QUOTE=LocationDudeNYC;8504045]
    I don't want to downplay the situation but I am a Blackberry investor who has been doing a lot of research and going through hundreds of customer reviews around the world before I decided to invest in this company. Even though a lot of people have been complaining on Crackberry about these random reboot issues (maybe four hundred max and maybe half don't experience them anymore based on one of the latest polls), this problem seems to remain very isolated.

You are absolutely incorrect, sir.

The reboot issue is so prevalent that it is happening to Verizon employees who are testing 10.1.

I purchased my phone from a Verizon VP here in NYC, at an incredible price I might add, as Blackberry gave him a few. We've kept in touch and the other day he sent me a text saying "There may be an issue with these phones, period. We are getting random reboots and overheated phones."

So this issue is a lot more widespread than you care to believe.

Oh, and my phone reboots every night on the charger and in Bedside mode. Every night. Without fail.
    So how come it's not all over the news and that after going through hundreds of customer reviews from France, USA, Canada, UK and Spain (yes I do speak the three languages), I may have seen one or 2 people complaining about this? There are very large hedge funds and short sellers betting against Blackberry right now and if this was the case, they would be all over this, trust me.

Haven't you heard about Detwiler Fenton being probed by the SEC for claiming that there more Z10 returns than actual sales. Verizon confirmed returns were in line or better than industry standards. Verizon definitely seems to be the carrier with the most people experiencing this problem which would corroborate what you just said. I agree it should be fixed asap but once again, it might be carrier related and they seem to be isolated compared to over 4MM sold phones worldwide by now.
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-18-13 12:23 PM
    just curious...is the rebooting happening on the Q10 too or just the Z10?
    vetteman93 likes this.
    05-18-13 12:51 PM
    [QUOTE=Frenchman75;8504894]

So how come it's not all over the news and that after going through hundreds of customer reviews from France, USA, Canada, UK and Spain (yes I do speak the three languages), I may have seen one or 2 people complaining about this? There are very large hedge funds and short sellers betting against Blackberry right now and if this was the case, they would be all over this, trust me.

Haven't you heard about Detwiler Fenton being probed by the SEC for claiming that there more Z10 returns than actual sales. Verizon confirmed returns were in line or better than industry standards. Verizon definitely seems to be the carrier with the most people experiencing this problem which would corroborate what you just said. I agree it should be fixed asap but once again, it might be carrier related and they seem to be isolated compared to over 4MM sold phones worldwide by now.
    You have used the "over 4 million " sold now, where are you getting this info from?

You should buy one though, then it will be 4 million +1
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-18-13 12:58 PM
    [QUOTE=Frenchman75;8504894]

Because Blackberry isn't major player in the mobile market right now. I guarantee you if it was Apple or Samsung it would be world news. Windows and BB are afterthoughts in the smartphone war right now so it isn't deemed newsworthy.

Most of the people I know have an iPhone. Ive never heard of them having reboots with their phones. If they do have problems they are given a new one at the Apple store without any questions asked for up to 1 year without AppleCare, which is why people remain so loyal to them. Two of my brothers have Z10s. They both have had reboot problems. And now if they want to get it fixed they have to ship it off to Blackberry.
    05-18-13 01:00 PM
    I'm on VZW and what I've noticed has helped with the reboots is to change my network setting from LTE/CDMA to the global setting. Haven't experienced a reboot since unless I do it myself. And that's still running on 10.0.9.2743. Hope it helps someone else!

Posted via CB10
    My Z10 came from Amazon last Wednesday. I transferred the sim card from my Note II to the Z. I've only had it running about 4 days now but it has not rebooted once. I looked at my network settings and it came with network technology defaulted to "global" and I have not changed it. I am connected to the VZW 4G/LTE network. So far, so good (fingers crossed).
    Mic_JP likes this.
    05-18-13 01:16 PM
426 ... 34567 ...