Interesting thread. Here is another data point. I am on Verizon on Southern California. Have had the reboot issue since about a week after getting the phone (purchased on the first week it was available). Tried many of the fixes including getting a new micro-SD card, 10-speed. Still had the reboots about once a day.

Then something interesting. I went to Texas for work for a full week, driving across the state and into Oklahoma and back. The phone never reset ONCE! On Verizon the whole time. Came back to California, and the reboots started a day or so later. Just installed the 1756 leak, and still have the reboots. Even did a wipe before the OS install, and installed everything fresh (not restored). Still reboots.

So something about using the phone in Texas made a difference. I download many podcasts using the Podcast app (I think this is an android ported app). But no side-loaded apps.

And the kicker: I bought the phone in Texas (it came out on VZN the week on a prior Texas trip, and I could not wait, so bought it there). So this is a Texas phone that seems to have a challenge working in California. No political jokes, please...

Wonder if I should go into a California VZN store and replace the sim card.
    Interesting! What kind of coverage do you get in California? LTE? What about Texas?

Also does the reboots mostly happen when the phone is idle? Or does it mostly happen when using?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 12:57 AM
    Interesting thread. Here is another data point. I am on Verizon on Southern California. Have had the reboot issue since about a week after getting the phone (purchased on the first week it was available). Tried many of the fixes including getting a new micro-SD card, 10-speed. Still had the reboots about once a day.

Then something interesting. I went to Texas for work for a full week, driving across the state and into Oklahoma and back. The phone never reset ONCE! On Verizon the whole time. Came back to California, and the reboots started a day or so later. Just installed the 1756 leak, and still have the reboots. Even did a wipe before the OS install, and installed everything fresh (not restored). Still reboots.

So something about using the phone in Texas made a difference. I download many podcasts using the Podcast app (I think this is an android ported app). But no side-loaded apps.

And the kicker: I bought the phone in Texas (it came out on VZN the week on a prior Texas trip, and I could not wait, so bought it there). So this is a Texas phone that seems to have a challenge working in California. No political jokes, please...

Wonder if I should go into a California VZN store and replace the sim card.
    Wow that's crazy I live in Arizona but when the phone came out I was in Orlando and bought it out there and I never had an issue with this phone.

Posted via CB10
    candale likes this.
    05-18-13 12:59 AM
    Topic title is wrong. It is not a Verizon random reboot problem. It is a Z10 random reboot problem.
    I'm from Germany with Carrier O2. Both devices had random reboots on 10.0...

Now i have no reboots, BUT my Z10 was complete shutdown yesterday afternoon and this morning again.

Don't think this problem was sold with 10.1...

I have no leaks and no sideloaded apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:12 AM
    Hoping they fix all these bugs by the time I'm ready to upgrade.
    05-18-13 01:19 AM
    I am sure they will fix all these random bugs. These are growing pains my friend just like any other electronic devices when the first one comes out .

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:35 AM
    Big thank you to Kevin for actually helping get to the bottom of the issue.

Your crackberry community appreciates it!!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 01:45 AM
    Kevin,

The random reboot issue is not limited to Verizon customers. It's global. I'm on a Vodafone network (stl100-2) and I have random reboots every few hours since I updated to 10.1 (I've only had a couple of them on 10.0.0.99). Right now it feels that the phone is unusable. I'm trying hard not to return it. I've been a dedicated BB user for a decade. I love what they've done with BB10 and the Z10 but they need to make it work. Right now it's just a partly working beta device. A BB is not a gaming platform but a device for work. I've had it reboot on me during important phone calls twice. Pretty much half the people I know with a z10 are having random reboot issues. Blackberry needs to own up to the problem, start listening and talking to its customers, and fix it (and all other serious issues). As an end user it feels like they are burrying their head in the sand and hoping that the problem will go away on its own!

Vlechtsel

Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    05-18-13 04:51 AM
    I'm on VZW, and had one reboot per night on charge/bedside since March. Then, after a couple of app updates and a manual reboot due to being stuck, no more random reboots. None. Two weeks running - every morning now I see a nice red clock in bedside mode - reboot free. What changed? Some app - I only have the bloatware that came with the VZW Z10.

MMDDZZ
    As I posted in another thread, I have the same experience. For the last 10+ days or so, my nightly reboots have stopped and I haven't had any daytime reboots. Outside of updating the apps that have had updates available, nothing else has changed.

Beginning to really suspect a network component to this reboot, as a change there might account to the sudden stability of the phone. Problem is that I have nothing but anecdotal evidence, since I don't know what Verizion might have changed in my coverage area.

Running stock Verizon OS btw.
    05-18-13 06:41 AM
    Kevin,

The random reboot issue is not limited to Verizon customers. It's global. I'm on a Vodafone network (stl100-2) and I have random reboots every few hours since I updated to 10.1 (I've only had a couple of them on 10.0.0.99). Right now it feels that the phone is unusable. I'm trying hard not to return it. I've been a dedicated BB user for a decade. I love what they've done with BB10 and the Z10 but they need to make it work. Right now it's just a partly working beta device. A BB is not a gaming platform but a device for work. I've had it reboot on me during important phone calls twice. Pretty much half the people I know with a z10 are having random reboot issues. Blackberry needs to own up to the problem, start listening and talking to its customers, and fix it (and all other serious issues). As an end user it feels like they are burrying their head in the sand and hoping that the problem will go away on its own!

Vlechtsel
    +1
    05-18-13 07:16 AM
    My reboots are so random, I have no clue what's causing them. Good signal, bad signal, sideloaded/no sideloaded... it doesn't matter.

Kevin - I have dozens of emails from BlackBerry Tech Support I'd be more than happy to share if you'd like.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:23 AM
    My reboots are so random, I have no clue what's causing them. Good signal, bad signal, sideloaded/no sideloaded... it doesn't matter.
    Posted via CB10
    Thats the point, the random reboots are so random, that it will be impossible for us to tell why this happens. Its up to BB to adress this in public. NOW!!!
    05-18-13 07:37 AM
    People should try and go to their carriers and swap sim cards out.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:40 AM
    People should try and go to their carriers and swap sim cards out.

Posted via CB10
    already did that, no improvement at all, except paying 20� for the exchange...
    05-18-13 07:48 AM
    Has anyone tried changing carrier settings (global to LTE/CDMA or vice versa) and if so, did u notice a change in reboots? I am running stock OS vzw and LTE/CDMA and no reboots but running leaked OS on global gives me reboots...i am still doing more testing and want to hear of any results. I ask to check this out on all carrier that has phone reboots...not just vzw...Thank you

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:51 AM
    Reboot causes: 101

Sim card used:

some some sim cards were cut down from older sim card type, some sim cards are not compatible with z10.

Android apps:

Some android ported apps will cause reboots, some sideloaded apps will cause reboots.

Carriers used:

The majority of carriers that have this issue is USA based carriers are randomly rebooting many times at night time around mid-night many users have reported this and that carriers are sending 23mb updates or some type of data to the devices at this time, most likely info to determine data used and voice used by the customers per day.

Not every customer is getting issues.

Non USA Based Carriers:

Now for any other carrier that is non USA based, there is only a slight handful of customers with reboots, most are due to apps they had installed sideloaded or some ported apps.

Android ported apps or sideloaded can cause issues and has done so rebooting the device.

Note This Is Not A BlackBerry Device Issue, 90% is carrier bases issue and 10% is android crap apps.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP and Frenchman75 like this.
    05-18-13 07:58 AM
    Has anyone tried changing carrier settings (global to LTE/CDMA or vice versa) and if so, did u notice a change in reboots? I am running stock OS vzw and LTE/CDMA and no reboots but running leaked OS on global gives me reboots...i am still doing more testing and want to hear of any results. I ask to check this out on all carrier that has phone reboots...not just vzw...Thank you

Posted via CB10
    What's the difference on Global with Verizon ? Is that the one that would do LTE/CDMA and HSPA/GSM across the Atlantic ?

I am on Bell Canada, and my only random Reboot happened when my phone was set on Edge/HSPA/LTE after the 10.1 update! I typically leave it on HSPA/LTE only cause Bell doesn't have EDGE in Canada. But other carriers (Fido and Rogers) does have Edge.

Sounds like identical to what Verizon customers deal with in the US.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 07:58 AM
    Thats the point, the random reboots are so random, that it will be impossible for us to tell why this happens. Its up to BB to adress this in public. NOW!!!
    It would not be wise for BB to address the reboot issue in public and give cannon fodder to their competition. You certainly don't hear Apple talking about the i5 wifi problem that is driving the carriers nuts....or i5 reboots....or SG3 'sudden death'

I was talking to the local Telus manager and other than reading it on CB, he had not had any calls from customers complaining about Z10 reboots. Good PR involves quietly solving a problem, so that the typical user doesn't even realize he had one.

Crackberry readers/posters are not representative of the general BB population, any more than Android rooters or people that jailbreak their iPhones are. Most people just aren't as heavy into their phones as we are and wouldn't even notice anything was wrong.
    Frenchman75 likes this.
    05-18-13 08:00 AM
    I am with T-Mo usa. When I first got the phone, for about a week, zero issues. I added a few apps, then started getting reboots. Removed last app installed and reboots stopped. Currently I may get one every two or three days. To avoid even that, when I get up in the morning I manually restart the phone and I am good to go for 24 hours (at least). In other words, I'm not even sure if it's doing it anymore. So for me, barely an issue. But it is odd.
    05-18-13 08:04 AM
    Thanks for getting to the bottom of this! Or at least close to it!

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    05-18-13 08:08 AM
    What's the difference on Global with Verizon ? Is that the one that would do LTE/CDMA and HSPA/GSM across the Atlantic ?

I am on Bell Canada, and my only random Reboot happened when my phone was set on Edge/HSPA/LTE after the 10.1 update! I typically leave it on HSPA/LTE only cause Bell doesn't have EDGE in Canada. But other carriers (Fido and Rogers) does have Edge.

Sounds like identical to what Verizon customers deal with in the US.

Posted via CB10
    http://support.verizonwireless.com/faqs/International Services and Roaming/faq_global_phone.html

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:10 AM
    I haven't had the random reboot in a really long time and after I synced and backed up my BlackBerry with Link the battery issues I had with 10.1 have gone away. Either way thanks for the update Kevin!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:15 AM

Sim card used:

some some sim cards were cut down from older sim card type, some sim cards are not compatible with z10.

Android apps:

Some android ported apps will cause reboots, some sideloaded apps will cause reboots.

Carriers used:

The majority of carriers that have this issue is USA based carriers are randomly rebooting many times at night time around mid-night many users have reported this and that carriers are sending 23mb updates or some type of data to the devices at this time, most likely info to determine data used and voice used by the customers per day.

Non USA Based Carriers:

Now for any other carrier that is non USA based, there is only a slight handful of customers with reboots, most are due to apps they had installed sideloaded or some ported apps.

Android ported apps or sideloaded can cause issues and has done so rebooting the device.

Note This Is Not A BlackBerry Device Issue, 90% is carrier bases issue and 10% is android crap apps.

Posted via CB10
    This is GREAT information to share with everyone! Thank You...i totally agree with this and by the way, I have no android apps

Posted via CB10
    05-18-13 08:18 AM

Posted via CB10
    How do you know this? How would you explain that even my 2nd device reboots without even a sim card installed on a clean install??
    h20work and queritor like this.
    05-18-13 08:20 AM
    Totally agree - but not so sure it should be addressed in public. I want it fixed - don't get me wrong. But what BB doesn't need is more fodder for the haters, especially when they've got such good traction now. As terrific and responsive as BB Tech Support HAS been with me, it is still quite puzzling why more hasn't been done and/or the issue hasn't been resolved. As I've posted previously, they have told me quite affirmatively that they know what the problem is and it has been fixed.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    05-18-13 08:21 AM

Sim card used:

Android apps:

Carriers used:

Non USA Based Carriers:

Posted via CB10
    Once again, you are completely wrong and spreading false information.
    NoahFecks and Slamdunc1 like this.
    05-18-13 08:45 AM
426 ... 23456 ...