Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    Once again Kevin you downplay the extent of the problem. It is not just VZW, but other U.S Canadian carriers as well as European. Is it easier to blame a U.S carrier than a Canadian company?
    Harry_Yambag likes this.
    05-17-13 07:47 PM
    I am on VZ also and had my Z10 for about a month now and experienced several random reboots. Also I don't know if others have this WiFi issue that I have. This happened several times. It looses my saved network connections. I have a secured and open network at work and secured network at home and it just looses them except for my work's secured WiFi connection. Any ideas what's causing it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:47 PM
    I have a large contact list and ponder if my rare phone app issues are tied to this. But no reboot problems at all

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:50 PM
    Had exactly the same thing just 2 minutes ago!

Wanted to snap a quick picture of my dog and it froze for about 10 seconds and then started to reboot

I think it is quite obvious it's not carrier related Kevin!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah it's definitely not carrier related... but there is something at Verizon that makes it more common there.

It's really difficult to figure this one out. Hopefully BlackBerry had been able to isolated the problem and even recreate it.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:52 PM
    STL100-2
    Strong signal
    3G network

Hope that's what you were looking for

Posted via CB10

If you don't mind, play around with the signal. Try maybe shutting off network and leave it only on WiFi for a few hours and see if it reboots.

Also try other stuff like putting on airplane mode for a few hours.

If your phone do reboot often, it should be pretty easy to isolate the problem.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:55 PM
    I'm glad to see that Kevin has tried to address this issue. But I don't think it's just a Verizon issue?.

I am pretty sure all networks are having this issue?
    05-17-13 07:56 PM
    I am on VZ also and had my Z10 for about a month now and experienced several random reboots. Also I don't know if others have this WiFi issue that I have. This happened several times. It looses my saved network connections. I have a secured and open network at work and secured network at home and it just looses them except for my work's secured WiFi connection. Any ideas what's causing it.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have this problem. My wifi connects everytime to my saved connections when I am in close proximity and the strength is excellent. I hope someone can help you.
    05-17-13 07:59 PM
    If you don't mind, play around with the signal. Try maybe shutting off network and leave it only on WiFi for a few hours and see if it reboots.

Also try other stuff like putting on airplane mode for a few hours.

If your phone do reboot often, it should be pretty easy to isolate the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Have been trying that.

I haven't touched any games that could make it overheat.
    I have put screen brightness to 1%
    Have been trying wifi only, 3G, 2G and even without any network at al.
    Also deleted all my side loads.

And still, it reboots like there is no tomorrow

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:01 PM
    It's not only on VRZ, also on another carriers with SIM free. Kevin please push strong ... to BlackBerry to fix this weird thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:03 PM
    Thanks J K. I hope so too..
    It's getting annoying now..this happens every 2 -3 days.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:06 PM
    Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    05-17-13 08:11 PM
    Kevin, it's not just a Verizon issue as I am having the same issue on T-Mobile in the US. I started with the white Z10 on Verizon and don't remember having a problem, but when I went to a black one on T-Mobile, I started having reboots.
    h20work likes this.
    05-17-13 08:16 PM
    I really don't think it's as simple as a SIM card. Would be great if it was. My phone came with a new SIM card with Verizon. Still, who knows at this point. We will have to wait and see what BlackBerry comes up with since it's not a carrier specific problem.
    05-17-13 08:17 PM
    Bless you Fearless Leader!!

Now umm about that other thing?
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-17-13 08:18 PM
    I did run the 10.1 Leak on my Verizon Z10 and did not install any side loaded android apps thinking that might be the case, but the phone still reboots. Seems like it reboots more at night while it's plugged in. I'm going to get a new SIM card, I could see how that could be the problem. Since I no longer have side loaded apps on my phone, it is now able to be backed up using BB Link. I was unsuccessful at backup with side loads.

Go Bruins!
    05-17-13 08:22 PM
    Definitely not a carrier-specific problem.....I'm on ATT & get the re-boot every 2-3 days (stock ATT OS, no sideloads) if I'm lucky - usually happens between 1-3 hours after my overnight charging. Have tried various setting adjustments & charging variations as suggested on the forums, but to no avail. Hoping BB is taking this serious....I know many of us are!
    05-17-13 08:25 PM
    I did run the 10.1 Leak on my Verizon Z10 and did not install any side loaded android apps thinking that might be the case, but the phone still reboots. Seems like it reboots more at night while it's plugged in. I'm going to get a new SIM card, I could see how that could be the problem. Since I no longer have side loaded apps on my phone, it is now able to be backed up using BB Link. I was unsuccessful at backup with side loads.

Go Bruins!
    I don't understand about getting a new SIM card from Verizon that would help. I received my Z10 on March 28 (pre-ordered). So Verizon has come out with a newer SIM card since then? I'm not very technical when it comes to these things, so please help me. Thanks.
    h20work likes this.
    05-17-13 08:28 PM
    It's very refreshing to see a thread about this with responses that actually make sense. Reboots are not limited to vzw or to only US carriers.

I've spent way too much time reading posts trying to find a common denominator. I've spent hours on the phone with BlackBerry support, emails, etc. The only answers I received from them "don't exchange your phone, it's not a hardware issue" and "it should be fixed when your carrier releases the new os".
    Milldubsa and SunnyFL like this.
    05-17-13 08:42 PM
    I hope these issues can be fixed with software updates. I am guessing these are growing pains.
    Here is my short list
    1. Random reboots
    2. WiFi dropping saved connection
    3. Phone randomly quit reading the mem card.
    If any one can help..that will be awesome

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 08:51 PM
    It's very refreshing to see a thread about this with responses that actually make sense. Reboots are not limited to vzw or to only US carriers.

I've spent way too much time reading posts trying to find a common denominator. I've spent hours on the phone with BlackBerry support, emails, etc. The only answers I received from them "don't exchange your phone, it's not a hardware issue" and "it should be fixed when your carrier releases the new os".
    It never seemed to be a hardware issue to me. Glad they didn't tell you to exchange it for a new one just to shut you up.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    05-17-13 08:54 PM
    There has to be more then one cause.

My first Z10 rebooted multiple times a day. Nothing would fix it. New SD card. Reload nothing.
    Exhanged it.

The 2nd phone only rebooted maybe once a day.
    Got a 1 meg update a couple of weeks ago (no it was not due to deleting an app) and since then no rebooted.

I installed the offical Verizon leak and it runs fine. Still no reboots in the past 24 hours.

I am not running Droid apps..

This make me think there are two issues or more affecting these rebooting phones.

Tim
    05-17-13 08:56 PM
    Guess this means that the people that were told by various people at Verizon that they weren't going to release 10.1 were not told the truth. That's what I was hoping.
    05-17-13 08:57 PM
    Does lemon Law applies to phones?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 09:04 PM
    I don't care if it's Carrier or OS...someone needs to fix my Z10. I don't want my phone to reboot when I need it the most. This issue is totally unacceptable on whoever's part and very disheartening to loyalist like myself. What the heck is carrier and OS testing for?????

It's like when you purchase a new car and it breaks down on you within the first two years. You use every swear word in the book in frustration. After that experience, what do you say..."I will never buy that brand again." You go on living your life and most likely doing what - never buying that brand again.

This is what's has happened to BBRY and MAY happen again. In the current age of mobile competition, you only get one chance and rarely three strikes. My old ball coach would say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, **** you."

BBRY - please stop giving people a reason to leave. I'm begging you.

I hate posting like this as it adds a negative light to BBRY and I hate feeding the nay-sayers. But I'm over it.
    zeteo, eddy_berry and h20work like this.
    05-17-13 09:04 PM
    @ Walt, don't apologize. It's frustrating for many of us who have stuck with RIM/BBRY over the years. I had both storms, 3 pb's, and a 9850 so I'm used to having issues. I got so fed up with the first storm that I went back to my 8703e. I can honestly say none of my 7250 or 8700's ever rebooted or froze. Granted they didn't have a lot of frills, but they sure got the job done
    05-17-13 09:11 PM
426 1234 ...