Quick update from me here...

So I asked around to a few people here (who I figured were the right people to talk to on the BB team) at BlackBerry Live about the random reboot issue some Verizon users are experiencing.

Unofficially, was suggested that the 10.1 update that Verizon pushes out **should** help address this problem. It was clear though it was definitely a known bug/issue that they were working on addressing. I'm hoping this will be the fix. Now we just need Verizon to roll out an update. I know I've read from others who have loaded 10.1 on their VZW devices that it didn't seem to help. Hopefully they'll push it out soon and hopefully it will in fact help.

It's been weird reading the forums on this one, as it doesn't seem to affect all users on Verizon. I'm been trying to figure out what the common denominator is here between the people with the issues. I know in the past the last time I had an issue with a rebooting BlackBerry it was actually my SIM card. For whatever reason, the BB hated it. Got a new one and it fixed the problem. Definitely a glitch in the matrix though that needs to get sorted though!
    05-17-13 05:47 PM
    Many people will be happy to see you have at least addressed this issue, Kevin.

Posted via CB10
    hf199, 00stryder and Kamika007z like this.
    05-17-13 05:49 PM
    Thanks so much for helping us with this issue and keeping us informed. Mine doesn't reboot but my brothers does, we are both on Verizon. He just got his last weekend I got mine on pre order.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:50 PM
    At least there are some hope for our Verizon dudes having rebooting issue..

Sorry to be oot, but Kevin, if you don't mind giving us info, any news about PlayBook update, at least for bringing back their stripped-down Bridge functions. Not really hoping anymore for os10 here, at least I can get my old pal Bridge back..

Posted via my Awesome Zed10
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    05-17-13 05:51 PM
    Appreciate the words of encouragement. With so many variables, I'm sure it's not easy to isolate. Verizon needs to be on the stick as well.
    05-17-13 05:54 PM
    Bump

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:54 PM
    I'm on VZW and what I've noticed has helped with the reboots is to change my network setting from LTE/CDMA to the global setting. Haven't experienced a reboot since unless I do it myself. And that's still running on 10.0.9.2743. Hope it helps someone else!

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    05-17-13 06:41 PM
    Kevin, I hope you don't think this is only a Verizon issue. It is most definitely not!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:42 PM
    I'm on VZW and what I've noticed has helped with the reboots is to change my network setting from LTE/CDMA to the global setting. Haven't experienced a reboot since unless I do it myself. And that's still running on 10.0.9.2743. Hope it helps someone else!

Posted via CB10
    I hadn't thought of that. I don't understand why Global setting is there to begin with, but tonight I'll try it out and see if I have a reboot while charging. Or don't you have that issue (while on charge)? I'm on the same OS as you.
    05-17-13 06:57 PM
    I had no reboots on stock os, I've had two random reboots with latest leak 10.1

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:57 PM
    I hadn't thought of that. I don't understand why Global setting is there to begin with, but tonight I'll try it out and see if I have a reboot while charging. Or don't you have that issue (while on charge)? I'm on the same OS as you.
    It's only while charging or in low signal areas for me. Seems like it may be a software bug for the versions running the different antenna which is why it doesn't effect all users, just some.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 06:59 PM
    I have a feeling Kevin just opened a can of worms here. Nonetheless thank you Kev for addressing the issue. My reboots occur so often I feel like it's my lucky day if I can go an 8-hr workday without one.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:01 PM
    It's only while charging or in low signal areas for me. Seems like it may be a software bug for the versions running the different antenna which is why it doesn't effect all users, just some.

Posted via CB10
    When I talked with Verizon, they checked my signal area and I have what they termed "full access area" and couldn't isolate my problem either. It's too confusing for me, but what a basic thing it is though to plug your phone in to charge and have it reboot within a certain time period!
    05-17-13 07:04 PM
    When I talked with Verizon, they checked my signal area and I have what they termed "full access area" and couldn't isolate my problem either. It's too confusing for me, but what a basic thing it is though to plug your phone in to charge and have it reboot within a certain time period!
    I've tried quite a few things. Charging without my case, not putting in bedside mode and switching my network setting. It seems to be working for now, but we'll see. It would make sense as you have the cdma and gsm antennas. It's weird VZW checked your signal area...hm...

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:08 PM
    I am from the Netherlands and I also have this problem. My Z10 rebooted about twice a day, but since the 10.1 update (official) It's rebooting at least once every hour. It's driving me nuts. But I can't say goodbye to BlackBerry. I'm just too much in love with it

Posted via CB10
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    05-17-13 07:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    I was actually thinking about that... could it be a network problem? i know the main difference between verizon and other carrier is that verizon is CDMA/LTE as opposed to other carriers Edge/HSPA/LTE.

Maybe that is why we see the problem so often on verizon and less on other carriers. I had one random reboot since Feb 5th, with Bell Canada. And it was at the office, with marginal LTE signal and it was plugged to an old charger, slightly less powerful than the current chargers.

Edit: and the reboot happened after I updated to 10.1!
    Milldubsa likes this.
    05-17-13 07:12 PM
    I've tried quite a few things. Charging without my case, not putting in bedside mode and switching my network setting. It seems to be working for now, but we'll see. It would make sense as you have the cdma and gsm antennas. It's weird VZW checked your signal area...hm...

I have talked with Verizon 3 times now and the 3rd person was the only one to check my signal! Besides doing all the other things from their check list, this was the first time. And this is the first time that i have had problems with a BlackBerry phone on Verizon. They have all been rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:14 PM
    I am from the Netherlands and I also have this problem. My Z10 rebooted about twice a day, but since the 10.1 update (official) It's rebooting at least once every hour. It's driving me nuts. But I can't say goodbye to BlackBerry. I'm just too much in love with it

Posted via CB10
    can you tell me a bit more about yourself? what model you have, do you have LTE? HSPA? is the signal strong or do you live in a weak signal area?
    05-17-13 07:16 PM
    I'm also having the reboot issue. I updated on Wednesday night. Today when I used my camera my phone froze then rebooted. This happened twice. I'm in Canada on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:17 PM
    I'm on Verizon as well and had only two random reboots in over a month and a half. The reboots both came AFTER I had sideloaded an app using bar files.

I know others have sideloaded apps with no problems, but my device just didn't like em. Once removed, no more reboots. Go figure.
    05-17-13 07:18 PM
    can you tell me a bit more about yourself? what model you have, do you have LTE? HSPA? is the signal strong or do you live in a weak signal area?
    STL100-2
    Strong signal
    3G network

Hope that's what you were looking for

Posted via CB10
    LyBerry likes this.
    05-17-13 07:28 PM
    I'm also having the reboot issue. I updated on Wednesday night. Today when I used my camera my phone froze then rebooted. This happened twice. I'm in Canada on Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    Had exactly the same thing just 2 minutes ago!

Wanted to snap a quick picture of my dog and it froze for about 10 seconds and then started to reboot

I think it is quite obvious it's not carrier related Kevin!

Posted via CB10
    gullotta likes this.
    05-17-13 07:31 PM
    Kevin, I hope you don't think this is only a Verizon issue. It is most definitely not!

Posted via CB10
    True!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:33 PM
    I'm on Verizon as well and had only two random reboots in over a month and a half. The reboots both came AFTER I had sideloaded an app using bar files.

I know others have sideloaded apps with no problems, but my device just didn't like em. Once removed, no more reboots. Go figure.
    Jaydee, do you mind telling us what apps you side loaded? Maybe they were bad bars

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:34 PM
    The random re-booting issue might be more common on Verizon for some reason but by now we know that it is not limited to Verizon, it's happening on different carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 07:36 PM
426 123 ...