I received my Z10 on March 28 and had it up and running the next day. After 2 weeks, I lost the ability to make phone calls. I could text, e-mail, go on-line, etc, but no calls. Verizon swapped out numerous sim cards and it started to work for 5 days. Then I was told to re-boot. That worked for less than 3 days. Then they swapped out my phone. It happened again. Again, I was told to re-boot and was given the tech number to call "the next time it happened". Now it's happening again. The Verizon tech rep is sending me back for a new sim card. I love the phone but it's not reliable. I'm not sure if it is the device or Verizon. Verizon is talking about replacing the device again, but last time I lost most of my apps. It's still not back to where I had it before the last swap out.Anyone else experience this?
    05-09-13 02:38 PM
    Nope, had the device (two actually) since launch and never experienced this issue with network service. Did have the rebooting issue that was partially alleviated by device swaps, but nothing like that. I'm on Verizon in Nashville using the same SIM cards that came with the original phones.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-09-13 02:43 PM
    why would it need a sim card swap when it's only used outside the U.S.? when i was with sprint and had a bold that came with a sim,that was the first thing i took out along with verizon users.i would say it's something with verizon and not with the phone since verizon has been slow to the gate with releasing OS updates that everyone else has already had.
    05-09-13 05:55 PM
    Never heard of this issue, and it's weird you've received a replacement and it's doing the same thing.

Best of luck

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 05:57 PM
    I've been on Verizon since launch and never had a problem with calls. Have you tried dialing *228 on the phone to update the towers?
    05-09-13 06:00 PM
    Sounds like a Verizon issue. I'll soon find out when I travel outside the US.
    05-09-13 06:08 PM
    why would it need a sim card swap when it's only used outside the U.S.? when i was with sprint and had a bold that came with a sim,that was the first thing i took out along with verizon users.i would say it's something with verizon and not with the phone since verizon has been slow to the gate with releasing OS updates that everyone else has already had.
    All LTE-capable phones on Verizon require a sim card to use the network properly. It's not exactly the same scenario as using a global sim card, though that is also a possibility with the Z10. So I mentioned the sim card because the OP mentioned it, and I'm assuming he mentioned it because he thought that was the root of the problem.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    05-09-13 09:40 PM
    So... does this happen no matter where you go? In other words, not just at home? Also, have you messed around with the network configuration? I know on some versions you have to go to the escreen to do this, but have you tried just running in different modes? I have a GSM phone so only guessing you can do this.
    05-09-13 10:02 PM
    I'm on Verizon and never had an issue, other than reboots at while I'm sleep. Are you still on stock software or running a leak? Do any other Verizon phones have an issue in the area where you are?

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 10:09 PM
    I'm on VZW and have never had this issue.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10
    05-09-13 10:37 PM
    Never do *228 on a 4GLTE phone. Can ruin the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry likes this.
    05-09-13 11:05 PM
    Never do *228 on a 4GLTE phone. Can ruin the SIM card.

Posted via CB10
    Do you need to update roaming? ( this my first lte phone so I don't know)

On my sweet Z10 with CB10!
    05-09-13 11:12 PM
    I have not had this issue with Verizon. Tell them you are tired of swapping sims and want a working device
    05-10-13 12:01 AM
    I just started having the same problem yesterday as well. No one has an answer????? I dont want to swap this phone 3 to 4 times
    06-05-13 08:21 AM