Well, I walked into my local VZW store and was greeted by the manager. I mentioned I was here for the Z10. He directed me to another representative at VZW. He walked me over to the display where both a working black/white phones were displayed. He quickly went through the basics.

I stopped him and said, I'm sold . I had pre-ordered a Z10 w/VZW and then based on what I was hearing from folks here canceled my pre-order to just show up at the store.

Anyways, back to the representative. He was very patient and knowledgeable with me. He collected a 'bin of addons' for me to go through. I grabbed a couple - car charger, microHDMI to HDMI cable and a screen protector. He mentioned he and others did get training at HQ (local one I imagine) for 2 hours. He seemed very knowledgeable in setting up my phone.

I was the first Z10 person in the store. They had about 20 (10 of each color) phones.

Anyways, I'm a proud owner of a new white Z10. More on it as I begin to learn the functionality (after work).

Gunzo
    03-28-13 11:09 AM
    Awesomeness!!!!!! Congrats!!!

Were there any adverts, signs, displays at the store?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 11:12 AM
    Definitely in the Z10 display area, there were signs. I would be lying if I said, it was the first thing I saw when I came into the store, but the rep guided me to the display and it was clear Z10 was in VZW.
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 11:31 AM
    I wish that they did a better job of letting you know where the z10 is without a person showing you. I mean BB is coming back! You should have a huge sign with pointers and arrows on it. Lol
    03-28-13 11:36 AM
    Huge sign in my local vzw store my way!

Posted via CB10
    ErinnM likes this.
    03-28-13 12:02 PM
    So far there are more reports of signs in Verizon than in AT&T and T-Mobile put together LOL
    03-28-13 12:06 PM
    Finally got my VZW Z10 from FedEx and had to call them because my SIM did not automatically activate like it was supposed to. The person I talked to fixed my problem and was very enthusiastic about the Z10. He said it was their hottest phone right now and he was hoping to get one soon.
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-28-13 01:07 PM
    Well, I walked into my local VZW store and was greeted by the manager. I mentioned I was here for the Z10. He directed me to another representative at VZW. He walked me over to the display where both a working black/white phones were displayed. He quickly went through the basics.

I stopped him and said, I'm sold . I had pre-ordered a Z10 w/VZW and then based on what I was hearing from folks here canceled my pre-order to just show up at the store.

Anyways, back to the representative. He was very patient and knowledgeable with me. He collected a 'bin of addons' for me to go through. I grabbed a couple - car charger, microHDMI to HDMI cable and a screen protector. He mentioned he and others did get training at HQ (local one I imagine) for 2 hours. He seemed very knowledgeable in setting up my phone.

I was the first Z10 person in the store. They had about 20 (10 of each color) phones.

Anyways, I'm a proud owner of a new white Z10. More on it as I begin to learn the functionality (after work).

Gunzo
    LOL. Oh Yeah? Well, at least we have commercials with cute kids. Now what? Jokes aside, that's great news. :thumbup:

sent from my Galaxy S lll (*_~)
    03-28-13 11:01 PM
    So far there are more reports of signs in Verizon than in AT&T and T-Mobile put together LOL
    The two Verizon stores I went to - Bronxville (retailer) and Yonkers (corporate) - had no signs, no advertising at all and I had to search for the one demo phone. Thankfully the Yonkers one had a BB rep working there for the day getting customer attention.
    03-28-13 11:06 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice, for every Verizon new Z10 customer to take pictures of the Z10 banners and ads the moment your Z10 smartphone is powered up? They would be the first photos at the store for memory, and also enables you to test your camera :-)

PS: You have to get your own micro SD card, right?
    03-28-13 11:11 PM
    Congrats, I hope to get mine this weekend! Can you tell me if they come with a microSD card? Thanks!
    03-29-13 10:28 AM
    Congrats, I hope to get mine this weekend! Can you tell me if they come with a microSD card? Thanks!
    No..i used my own out over my storm 2

Posted via CB10
    bluegreen1965 likes this.
    03-29-13 10:33 AM
    This has been my general impression as well.

Many of the VZW reps are actually familiar-with and even excited about the device - and I've talked to a few that were ready to buy one themselves - imagine that!

Though it seems as though the further you get away from urban areas, the more it falls into the 'safe' choices... the suburban stores I talked to seem way more inclined to dismiss the device or not know much about it. But it varies by store - found one like that here in SF too. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with what the store manager's attitude is like.
    03-29-13 06:08 PM
    Hey folks is this the right thread to share a new experience?

Ok here goes.... I had to do a device swap via my MicroSD card. Took up about 4.2GB of my 16GB SD card, but MAN that was something. See I busted the microUSB port on my Torch some moons ago so I was kinda hoping BB Protect would help me out (didn't work out like I planned). Since BB Link cannot see or import BB Desktop backups, I got a little worried. Thanks to Google my fears were allayed and more importantly, I have what I think is a far better way to performing a device swap without risking an unreliable middle man (thats YOU Windoze) bricking both devices.

As for my experience, the drawback I have with my Zed10 is how FREAKING HOT it is!! I know I still have device swapping from the MicroSD card going on, but Jesus it is uber hot!!
    03-29-13 06:16 PM
    I was at my local Verizon when they opened the doors at 9am. There's a big sign on the front door announcing the Z10 as you walk in. The manager had my white Z10 and a large selection of accessories sitting on the counter waiting for me (I had told him I'd be there the day before). I had to stop the manager from explaining what the Z10 does by letting him know that I did not walk in there ignorant of what it can do or how it does it. After verifying my 20% Hilton employee discount, I signed up for Verizon services and left there a happy camper. The phone is beautiful. It's intuitive. It's fast. It's flow is amazing (I have a couple gripes, but who doesn't? ). My biggest win: A buddy of mine who left BlackBerry and went an SG3, has repented and he is now back in Black(Berry). I freakin' LOVE this awesome BB10!
    allstar0088 likes this.
    03-29-13 06:31 PM
    The positive stories on this thread are great to read. It's looking like BlackBerry and some of the carriers are going to take the States marketing seriously. Really glad you guys are enjoying your new Z10's. There will definitely be times when you hit little speed bumps along the way, but they will clear up as you learn all the options and features. After week two, you will never doubt BlackBerry again. Trust me!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-13 07:25 PM