If you have a Z10 from Verizon, for an unknown, almost certainly invalid and inexcusable reason, you are still on a pre-10.0.10.x build, which is quite early and the particular one they currently have on their devices has many confirmed bugs.

Now is your chance to realize Verizon may have a luscious network but they don't care about customers. They don't need to. They are BIG RED!

Now is your chance to pay less with another carrier and have a good Z10 experience.

T-Mobile here, no issues, a few functions yet to come from OS7.1 but no actual issues.

And can't beat the great coverage, customer service that does reasonably care, and 120$ a month for four lines unlimited everything.

If you don't want to switch, fine, but please be aware Verizon is hurting you and BlackBerry has already solved the issues you are having in the vast majority of cases.

And seriously, VZW released the Z10 last and with all that taking their sweet time they can't get the build right? Come on.

It is a shame since they got the exclusive white. They sure as heck don't deserve it. Take a great phone that is super stable especially for a brand new platform from the ground up, and pick the worst OS build to give it a bad name.

~STV
    04-21-13 09:05 PM
    If you have a Z10 from Verizon, for an unknown, almost certainly invalid and inexcusable reason, you are still on a pre-10.0.10.x build, which is quite early and the particular one they currently have on their devices has many confirmed bugs.

Now is your chance to realize Verizon may have a luscious network but they don't care about customers. They don't need to. They are BIG RED!

Now is your chance to pay less with another carrier and have a good Z10 experience.

T-Mobile here, no issues, a few functions yet to come from OS7.1 but no actual issues.

And can't beat the great coverage, customer service that does reasonably care, and 120$ a month for four lines unlimited everything.

If you don't want to switch, fine, but please be aware Verizon is hurting you and BlackBerry has already solved the issues you are having in the vast majority of cases.

And seriously, VZW released the Z10 last and with all that taking their sweet time they can't get the build right? Come on.

It is a shame since they got the exclusive white. They sure as heck don't deserve it. Take a great phone that is super stable especially for a brand new platform from the ground up, and pick the worst OS build to give it a bad name.

~STV
    Hi STV0726

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 09:21 PM

~STV
    Having switched from VZW myself I agree completely

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:23 PM
    I concur. I have a T-Mobile z10, and all I can really gripe about is the contact issue. I don't understand what Verizon is doing.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    04-21-13 09:43 PM
    I tried Tmobile and I am in some weird little pocket where nothing works but Verizon.
    Patiently awaiting the day I can move.
    04-21-13 09:51 PM
    Yea I went ahead and put the 10.1 leak on my Z10.
    04-21-13 09:53 PM
    I'll stick with the best network and an early build, but thanks for the consideration.

Posted via CB10
    jbattle127 likes this.
    04-21-13 09:57 PM
    I'll stick with the best network and an early build, but thanks for the consideration.

Posted via CB10
    And do you have any of the random reboot problems? If not having any, is your Z10 from Verizon or unlocked from another carrier?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:03 PM
    Does T-Mobile use the same z10 model than Verizon?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:04 PM
    VZW is 100-4 and T-Mo is 100-3

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:10 PM
    T-Mobile uses the GSM for US and Canada model STL100-3 21LW. The 91LW is for 1,2,5,6 bands like ATT and will lead to disappointment if using it on T-Mobile.

STL100-4 is US CDMA version with only two GSM bands for limited world phone support. Do not attempt to use on a carrier other than Verizon.

~STV
    04-21-13 10:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just so you are fully aware of my intent here...

This is less of a VZW bash and more of a "Don't hate the Z10 if you are on VZW".

~STV
    04-21-13 10:38 PM
    T-Mobile uses the GSM for US and Canada model STL100-3 21LW. The 91LW is for 1,2,5,6 bands like ATT and will lead to disappointment if using it on T-Mobile.

STL100-4 is US CDMA version with only two GSM bands for limited world phone support. Do not attempt to use on a carrier other than Verizon.

~STV
    The nice thing about the T-Mobile version is that it includes All non CDMA bands... you can use it on any USA gsm carrier which would include Simple Mobile, H2o, and ATT... I only get Edge service where I live with T-Mobile, but, my Zed can actually connect to ATT 4G If I switched sim card as my phone is unlocked. T-Mobile service is so much cheaper than ATT that I just can't justify the cost yet...it's un limited even if my connection is slow.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 153716
    04-21-13 10:44 PM
    Verizon is the best with networks...
    Verizon is the worst with Os updates...

It's just something we're gonna have to deal with. Trust me I'm still on this 10.9 bs and I'm seriously about to start harassing verizon employees for fun. It's getting a Lil crazy

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 10:44 PM
    You're making a lot of wildly baseless assumptions here about their reasons for not rolling out the new os.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 11:31 PM
    You're making a lot of wildly baseless assumptions here about their reasons for not rolling out the new os.

Posted via CB10
    Not really...all I said was that it is inexcusable and likely invalid. Why are they the one that needs so much more time than every other carrier around the world? They use same chip sets for processors as other US and Canada carriers so there is just no excuse.

Add in that they have a history of doing this...

And while we're at it let's also not forget that Verizon and AT&T cripple the firmware to remove the ability to change network selection mode and technology. I find this very useful and just that is a deal breaker for me.

~STV
    04-22-13 01:16 AM
    Honestly, I would LOVE to switch my 4 lines. I'm paying almost double what your paying. But, along with my shiny new Z10's came shiny new contracts worth $350 each... I can guarantee one thing tho, this WILL BE my last contract term with "Big Red". After 6 years, I'm done

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:33 AM
    $120 for 4 lines plus unlimited data. You can't beat that, very tempting. I got my VZ Z10 from best buy and haven't experienced any reboots since I bought my phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 03:56 AM
    You guys understand that it has already been said by blackberry that VZW has the most up to date software and they are going to fix the software number next update....

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 04:03 AM
    Cost and device flexibility may be better with T-Mobile for sure, but the coverage is no contest. I have to have the best US coverage, and T-Mobile does not come close to even AT&T and AT&T is not good. In my experience, if you live in a metropolitan area, T-Mobile is great. Outside of that, horrible in terms of coverage. AT&T is much the same.

Big Red charges more for coverage and it is worth it for some business users like me. Wish the OS updates were better however.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-22-13 04:11 AM
    T-Mobile has great prices, but even for those prices I'm not paying for the 2G coverage they offer in my area. I'll stick with Verizon and my grandfathered unlimited data. I'm patiently waiting for the Q10 announcement now and I have my cash ready to buy outright to keep my data. Sometimes you do get what you pay for, and LTE plus coverage anywhere I need to travel to make VZW worth the extra cost.
    04-22-13 06:37 AM
    Would love to go to tmo, problem is they have no coverage where I live and go so they are out of the question.
    04-22-13 06:55 AM
    Can't stand Vzw. But until Tmo or AT&T can give me 4g where I tend to spend my vacations, they can both stick it. AT&T is alot closer than Tmo at doing it. I figure my Z10 will be old and worn out by the time that happens. AT&T has cell coverage there but no 4g. I won't be holding my breath that Tmo will even have service close to there by then.
    04-22-13 07:27 PM
    Yea I went ahead and put the 10.1 leak on my Z10.
    I did too, but the OP has a point about VzW... This behavior has been like this since Storm 1.

But they have an awesome network.
    04-22-13 07:32 PM
    They have an awesome network from the profits reaped by overcharging.

Z10 via T-Mobile (10.0.10.85)
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-22-13 07:40 PM
33 12