04-19-13 12:32 PM
53 123
tools
    Loaded on my Verizon Z10--so far no problems.
    04-16-13 06:22 AM
    Freaking Verizon does this all the time.... First the Storm, then the Torch, and now the Z10.....

We have to resort to leaks to fix our phones.... pathetic!!!
    04-16-13 06:53 AM
    Loaded on my Verizon Z10--so far no problems.
    Same here. No reboots in 24 hours and counting now... UI is buttery smooth - no issues to speak of at this point.

Root
    04-16-13 07:08 AM
    Verizon is pathetic. The first update was available to AT&T customers on launch day, and the second one was released days ago. AT&T users might see 10.1 before Verizon releases the first update.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:34 AM
    yea it took AT&T a month to release the semi-major update. and then, 10.1 will be out im sure as the Q is... cannot wait for the Q!
    04-16-13 08:06 AM
    Anyone post instructions on how to load this?? Need some help!!
    04-16-13 09:03 AM
    I called Verizon this morning. They told me they are waiting to be given the update from BlackBerry. They mentioned they have no date listed and don't really know when the update will come. "It's up to the manufacturer to send us the update, we don't make them" I am suffering from random reboots (mostly during the night while being charged) but I do get about 8-14 hrs battery life depending on usage and signal strength.

Posted via the all mighty Z10
    I also think Verizon doesn't have a better OS to push. I got that indication from BB tier 2 support and Verizon tech during a conference call on my phones issues.

Tim

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    04-16-13 09:12 AM
    I am talking to VzW on twitter... They responded saying that BBRY has not given them an update to push out.

I recommend everyone in VzW BB10 world to hammer the living crap out of VzW.. This is unacceptable.

Either BBRY or VzW is the hold up... Time to hold their feet to the fire... I REFUSE to endure another hellacious cycle of support from VzW after my experiences with both the Storms and Torch.

Let us lift our voices up and apply real pressure ... We have been down this road before with Verizon.

@VZWSupport
    @VerizonSupport

*Update from A Saunders via Twitter*

VzW controls [the updates] I'm afraid. They [VzW] will release when it passes their testing processes

Ok who is zooming who here..

*Update from VzW Support*

We want you to have the best wireless experience! Feelings have to be mutual for both parties in this partnership

WTF BBRY and VzW... You guys get your crap together!!!!!!!
    Last edited by tstrike34; 04-16-13 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Updated content via recent Twitter responses
    04-16-13 09:14 AM
    I copied Alec on Verizon Support's response... I also sent them both a DM asking them to " Hug it out guys for your customers "

I recommend the Crackberry community send words of encouragement to both to help them Hug It out and release the OS update to us VzW customers ...
    04-16-13 09:27 AM
    Definitely appears to be some disconnect between BBRY and VzW... Hope they can work it out.
    04-16-13 10:53 AM
    Mirror here for those that need it: http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/OSs/...0_0_10.116.exe

It will wipe your device so make sure to backup.
    Does anyone know if this is the same file as BB10_0_10.116.472185.exe from the link on the Crackberry home page.
    04-16-13 10:56 AM
    The leaked OS on crackberry.com works on the 100-4 (Verizon). I'm running it successfully since 8AM this morning and haven't experienced a reboot yet... the SMTP bug is gone... etc. Pretty much solid so far.

Root
    I can't seem to find the instructions for installing this on the Verizon model. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 10:59 AM
    I can't seem to find the instructions for installing this on the Verizon model. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

Posted via CB10
    Download the file. Then just run the file and it does the rest for you. Follow the on screen instructions. I had to type my device password to get it to work.

Just do a backup before you do this.

Be warned, this takes a long time to restore your device. I'm doing it right now and it's be over an hour.
    bmoney1229 and tstrike34 like this.
    04-16-13 11:05 AM
    I just loaded the software on my Z10 and decided to start from scratch and not restore from backup. Notice two things so far. Typing seems to be just the slightest bit slower the before (I was downloading a lot of apps after the install). Also, the side loaded android apps now work over the 4g connection. Verizon is trying so hard to get us off our unlimited data plan, but i have used 4.4 GB and my cycle ends the 28th of this month. I am not sure if that includes hotspot data or not.

I will check back in if I notice anything else.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-16-13 03:15 PM
    I updated too, and oddly enough I still have the same issues. Reboots, horrible battery life, etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 12:45 PM
    Just going to wait for the official update at this point ... 10.1 is around the corner hopefully.
    04-17-13 01:00 PM
    The leaked OS on crackberry.com works on the 100-4 (Verizon). I'm running it successfully since 8AM this morning and haven't experienced a reboot yet... the SMTP bug is gone... etc. Pretty much solid so far.

Root
    link me please to the version that works!
    04-17-13 01:01 PM
    I spoke with a contact in Verizon HQ yesterday. While she was unwilling to give out proprietary info, I feel we can count on an update soon, sometime before Q10 launch. No promises.
    04-17-13 01:02 PM
    I spoke with a contact in Verizon HQ yesterday. While she was unwilling to give out proprietary info, I feel we can count on an update soon, sometime before Q10 launch. No promises.
    I wouldn't hold my breath...

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 02:16 PM
    What 'feeling' are you getting that says they would release this before the Q10?
    04-17-13 02:36 PM
    I was an AT/T customer for 9+ years and they always seemed to be behind on the OS updates. For my Torch, Verizon, et al had released a 7.1 version WAY before AT/T ever got around to it. Luckily for me, I haven't been experiencing the issues that you all are having with my Verizon Z10. I am looking forward to what BBY has coming up with 10.1
    SunnyFL likes this.
    04-17-13 02:41 PM
    I loaded the leak of the AT&T OS two days ago. I have had one freeze and 2 restarts. One of my restarts even happened overnight - when it booted back up my alarm was not set.
    04-17-13 03:37 PM
    Have had the AT&T software on on Verizon Z10 for a few days...looks like I had my first reboot overnight. Come on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    dcburke789 likes this.
    04-18-13 07:11 AM
    We need and update,.. I powered off my phone completely, put it on the BB charger. When I woke up in the morning it was on. How does the phone turn itself on and why? I didn't want my phone on Verizon, can you help me out here Verizon? This is getting old and really making a bad name for them and Blackberry. I'm about to throw this in a higher ups face and get real upset. This could be called a inferior product overall and open up a big issue for them. I believe everyone has a full right to return this device because of not working as intended when sold. What would that do to Big Red and Blackberry!! Something needs DONE NOW!! Just Ranting from frustration!!
    04-18-13 08:37 AM
    I've had about 2 reboots a night since I put the OS on. I notice no difference in battery life. No real differences at all. I'm about to go back to VZW's OS.
    04-18-13 08:40 AM
53 123