I went into a Verizon store last week to get my Z10, my first blackberry, since my contract was up for renewal. I went to where the Q10 was on display (right below a competitors poster), and when I asked about the Z10, they said that they stopped carrying them due to slow sales. After checking with the store the next day (they did in fact still have 5 Z10s). I went to the store after I learned that they did have some in stock, but when I mentioned that I knew that I wanted a Z10, I was asked "Are you sure?" with a perplexed look. It took 30 seconds to convince him that yes, I did want the Z10. How is Blackberry supposed to sell their phones if the people selling them have a negative view of them?
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    09-22-13 07:06 PM
    I think this will be more and more common unfortunately. I know things are truly tough now but the media has had blackberry failing for years. No positive advertising externally or internally. Verizon at least seem Willing to have some on display and carry different models. Hope they still get and push the z30

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:10 PM
    You actually got a Z10 on contract? You would have done better buying one off eBay for around $220.

Posted via my Z10!
    southlander likes this.
    09-22-13 07:14 PM
    I had a hard time 3 months ago buying from TM. Had to beg for one. Trouble is staff no NOTHING about the device.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:21 PM
    Stories like this makes me angry. Store Staffs are supposed to know their products.
    09-22-13 07:23 PM
    Not an easy sale for your app/kids/apple etc!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 07:27 PM
    Stories like this makes me angry. Store Staffs are supposed to know their products.
    Or at least not be biased to a product.

Pasted with my BlackBerry!
    Sexy Sadie and LewLew23 like this.
    09-22-13 07:28 PM

Agreed.
    09-22-13 07:30 PM
    As a salesman in the past, I can understand them wanting to make a sale that is final.

Posted via CB10
    southlander likes this.
    09-22-13 07:32 PM
    It took me 10 to 15 minutes to get a vzw salesman to go in the back and get a q10 for me. He told me the battery life was horrible on the z10. It will only last 45 minutes. He asked me why I wanted a blackberry and just tried to make me feel like an *****. Maybe this is Verizon's policy.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:09 PM
    I've always had blackberries so whenever I go to pick a new one up I usually have my old one out... they see it, and don't give me any trouble. I guess they assume I know what I'm "in for"... lol

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:16 PM
    I ran into the same problem in t-mobile basically all sales associates that new were shocked I was demanding BlackBerry. And were really shocked when I had a S3 in hand and was wanting BlackBerry they pretty much just made sure I knew the return policy! Very dissapointing!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 08:27 PM
    can you really blame the sales person? Why would someone want a z10 on contract right now? get the z30 on contract or get a phone that isn't being discontinued.

The z10 was very unpopular so it would be a surprise to a sales person that, days after BB announces that z10 is basically dead, a person would come in and want one. I would question the person too, to make sure they were aware of the current situation with the z10.

Buying a z10 on contract now is just plain dumb. A waste of money.
    09-22-13 08:35 PM
    I went and got my z10 before the announcement and still got the same crap. The guy asked me several times if I was sure I wanted to do this. I wanted to slap him in his head. I wonder if Verizon gets special under the table kick backs from apple or Samsung. #verizondi-kheads

Posted via BlackBerry Zed 10
    09-23-13 12:38 AM
    I wonder if Verizon gets special under the table kick backs from apple or Samsung. #verizondi-kheads
    Samsung has a program for sellers, the more Samsung phones you sell, the more "rewards" you get

Posted via Z10
    09-23-13 02:49 AM
    can you really blame the sales person? Why would someone want a z10 on contract right now? get the z30 on contract or get a phone that isn't being discontinued.

The z10 was very unpopular so it would be a surprise to a sales person that, days after BB announces that z10 is basically dead, a person would come in and want one. I would question the person too, to make sure they were aware of the current situation with the z10.

Buying a z10 on contract now is just plain dumb. A waste of money.
    The Z10 will be the low-end model instead of the leaked C series that's been on Crackberry's front page for days now. BlackBerry has a lot of Z10's in inventory, so perhaps recommending waiting for a price drop would be in order. That would be the good advice.

As for buying a Z10 on contract, Verizon doesn't have a cheaper contract plan for those bringing their own devices. It's $70/month whether you get a new device or not, for example. Verizon's new Edge program might change that, but I haven't looked at the details.
    09-23-13 03:05 AM
    I went through the same situation today, as I walked into a mobile shop, Orange dealer, trying to get my daughter a BIS option for a BBRY 8520 device. They asked me if I was sure, 'cause I will be paying for this option for two years, and BlackBerry will not survive 2 months, let alone 2 years. All the guys there (sales people) were proudly using S4's or iphones. I felt stupid...As die hard BlackBerry fan as I am, I really couldn't defend BlackBerry anymore, since I felt the guys were so true. Unfortunately, we were left alone to fight this battle, long time ago, and got our asses kicked. I just renewed my contract with Z10, a superb phone, which luckily does not need BIS to function. Therefore, if the ship goes down (hope not!), I can use my simcard with any other smartphone (which one, I still don't know...). Let's see what the future brings, even though I am not at all optimistic. In the meantime, my daughter will be using her BBRY without BIS, just like any other ordinary phone.
    09-23-13 03:18 AM
    Well, if the company falls before 2 years I'm sure u won't be obliged to pay for the 2 years right? Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:24 AM
    I went through the same situation today, as I walked into a mobile shop, Orange dealer, trying to get my daughter a BIS option for a BBRY 8520 device. They asked me if I was sure, 'cause I will be paying for this option for two years, and BlackBerry will not survive 2 months, let alone 2 years. All the guys there (sales people) were proudly using S4's or iphones. I felt stupid...As die hard BlackBerry fan as I am, I really couldn't defend BlackBerry anymore, since I felt the guys were so true. Unfortunately, we were left alone to fight this battle, long time ago, and got our asses kicked. I just renewed my contract with Z10, a superb phone, which luckily does not need BIS to function. Therefore, if the ship goes down (hope not!), I can use my simcard with any other smartphone (which one, I still don't know...). Let's see what the future brings, even though I am not at all optimistic. In the meantime, my daughter will be using her BBRY without BIS, just like any other ordinary phone.
    In Thorstens & Frank's mind, they believe you (we) go in to carrier stores and the sales people are running over with Z10's & Q10's showing "Peek & Flow", Time shifting the camera and talking about "mobile computing" , oh wait, they now also call out praises by describing you as a hyper connected "prosumer".

This is why the handset price is sky high at approx �600 at launch, people are falling over themselves to get the phones even though they are out of stock phones (yet there is 5 in the back), throwing their money before anyone else can.

Supply & demand right?

I feel for your visit to the store, it is definately an up hill battle.
    09-23-13 03:33 AM
    They make you sign a contract for another 2 years, they don't care what happens to BBRY, once you sign the agreement for another 2 year extension, you have to pay for it for the next two years, regardless of the development of the situation. My hope is that BBRY will survive. My daughter does not have the BB10, she only has a 8520, but she wants BBM and push mail, and these come with BIS only. Anyhow, I will still be paying for BIS for the next two years, confident and hoping that BBRY survives. I'll take my chance.
    09-23-13 03:41 AM
    But for BIS I don't expect you will have to pay? *need to go read fine print one day lol... but I get what you mean, as much as I love my phone I feel helpless to defend their reputation right now.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:38 AM

Or at least not openly show your bias when a consumer specifically requests a device. They should save their opinions for when they're asked.

Keith H. Posted via CB10
    bitek and bitek like this.
    09-23-13 06:48 AM
    BlackBerry should sell unlocked phones directly. Screw those morons at Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    09-23-13 06:51 AM
    I had a hard time 3 months ago buying from TM. Had to beg for one. Trouble is staff no NOTHING about the device.

Posted via CB10

Some Tmo stores have pulled BlackBerrys off their shelves. Even when I bought my BlackBerry when it was just released at the Tmo store, they were clueless then about the device.

Curve 8320, Bold 9780, Bold 9900, PB 64gb, Z10
    09-23-13 07:21 AM
    Even those guys are biased. You serious? Smh

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 07:22 AM
26 12