Update: installed OTA, connected to BB Link to backup phone, notice of update.
    Updated again. For giggles, checked Blackberry update page:
    BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US
    showed up again. After installing 3 times, it still shows up in all three, even
    after a hard reboot. Every time, Blackberry Virtual Expert icon was removed.
    Think I'm gonna just wait to see what happens the 28th or 29th, if official will
    actually show up then. Sure glad I'm already a bit nutzo.

Showed up on phone OTA, but only 3mb. Checking about, seems nothing changed,
    still 10.2.1.537, OS 10.2.1.1925, Radio 10.2.1.1899. Interesting to say the least.
    01-27-14 08:30 AM
    Update just showed up on my Link!!! I was ticked I missed the OTA update on Friday, but am trying this now.

Note - it failed once already with 'network connection' error. Crossing fingers...

Jim
    01-27-14 08:38 AM
    Update just showed up on my Link!!! I was ticked I missed the OTA update on Friday, but am trying this now.

Note - it failed once already with 'network connection' error. Crossing fingers...

Jim
    You may need to re try 4 or 5 times ofcourse sometimes it resumes. Mine was updated yesterday over Link after 7 re tries.

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks likes this.
    01-27-14 08:49 AM
    Was able to update mine last night via link. When I first tried on Friday nothing showed over ota or via link, but I tried again last night and the update popped up. Keep trying.
    01-27-14 09:14 AM
    BlackBerry 10 Software Updates - New Update Software for BlackBerry Smartphones - US
    Think I'm gonna just wait to see what happens the 28th or 29th, if official will
    You need to reinstall BBVE from BBWorld. Don't worry about what Link says. If your device is showing 10.2.1.1925 you're good to go.
    DLewis13 likes this.
    01-27-14 09:24 AM
    Reading that I went looking and can't find BB Virtual Expert in my icons and Search does not find it. But when I went to BB World and checked INSTALLED, it was there and it opened. I have not tried DELETING it and REinstalling.
    01-27-14 09:32 AM
    You can either delete and re-install, or do what I did.
    Went to My World on web and clicked install, icon immediately returned.

Reading that I went looking and can't find BB Virtual Expert in my icons and Search does not find it. But when I went to BB World and checked INSTALLED, it was there and it opened. I have not tried DELETING it and REinstalling.
    01-27-14 09:40 AM
    Re-installed BBVE from My World on web. Worked a charm.
    Agree that since I have 1925, not worry about what any of the three list.
    Thanks.

You need to reinstall BBVE from BBWorld. Don't worry about what Link says. If your device is showing 10.2.1.1925 you're good to go.
    01-27-14 09:41 AM
    Battery at 100 percent at six am took it off charger. Not even four hours later down to 38 percent

This is after doing nothing but checking email on one account about dive times

Phone also extremely hot
    Almost as hot as I am right now of being so stupid to download this on Friday

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 09:41 AM
    Battery at 100 percent at six am took it off charger. Not even four hours later down to 38 percent

Phone also extremely hot

Posted via CB10
    Updated on Friday and all went well. Mostly explored new features the rest of the day and Saturday. On Sunday (yesterday) I hammered on it fairly hard...mostly email, text, and phone for over 12 hours! Had 28% left at the end of the day...awesome!!!

Monday (today) has been a nightmare. The battery has been draining like crazy and running hot, but has finally stabilized. I tried every trick I've read to stabilize things and nothing seemed to worked. The last thing I did was put it Airplane mode and physically pulled the battery. As best i could tell the "System" was the source of the drain. Don't know if this was just a coincidence but things have settled back down.

What's happening is not necessarily out of the ordinary with a new OS update. It can take a couple of days for the battery to settle down. Good Luck.
    01-27-14 10:07 AM
    You can either delete and re-install, or do what I did.
    Went to My World on web and clicked install, icon immediately returned.
    Yes, after I posted, I UNinstalled and reinstalled and the icon is back.
    01-27-14 10:14 AM

Phone also extremely hot

Posted via CB10
    I guess you can REinstall or reload the OS. Something is not quite right. Also, open Device Monitor and see if it shows what's either using the battery or cpu. I've had 10.2.1.1925 on two z10's and not had that issue. Maybe some Android app is still running in the background???
    01-27-14 10:16 AM
    I guess you can REinstall or reload the OS. Something is not quite right. Also, open Device Monitor and see if it shows what's either using the battery or cpu. I've had 10.2.1.1925 on two z10's and not had that issue. Maybe some Android app is still running in the background???
    There must be something odd going on. This morning when I took my device off the charger it was at 98%. It's ALWAYS been at 100%. Started to drain while on the charger about 3:45 this morning. Started leaking like a sieve after I took it off the charger. Definitely no Android app in the background. Overactive System seems to be the culprit....but exactly where?
    01-27-14 10:26 AM
    I am not running any android apps I do not even have any installed this is Verizon release on Friday with the 1899 radio file. I'm sure that the problem but I'm on a mac so will not load a different radio file. My battery is at ten percent right now so time to shut down

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:32 AM
    My hub usage for battery shows 62 percent which seems very high

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:37 AM
    Does anyone know if it's available in UK T-mobile please

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:41 AM
    Does anyone know if it's available in UK T-mobile please

Posted via CB10
    The only sources I'm aware of for non-VZW subscribers is as a leak or possibly thru Sachesi.
    01-27-14 10:45 AM
    My hub usage for battery shows 62 percent which seems very high

Posted via CB10
    Well, I'm back in drain mode again but read a post with the following suggestion: Put device in Airplane mode > turn device off > remove battery for HALF HOUR before replacing. Going to try this after my battery is back to 100%.
    01-27-14 10:48 AM
    Thanks... I was trying to install the leak last night but I got distracted so left it.... will it mess my z10 up?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:48 AM
    Just downloaded loaded the update via Link.

Verizon Z10 I am so happy. The update is awesome

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 10:49 AM
    There must be something odd going on. This morning when I took my device off the charger it was at 98%. It's ALWAYS been at 100%. Started to drain while on the charger about 3:45 this morning. Started leaking like a sieve after I took it off the charger. Definitely no Android app in the background. Overactive System seems to be the culprit....but exactly where?

Known issue:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...cesses-892604/
    i_hiker likes this.
    01-27-14 11:11 AM
    Read that...but thanks!
    01-27-14 11:33 AM
    So this would be the same for the 1899 radio file the Verizon pushed out?

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:42 AM
    Took my phone off the charger around 6:40 am Sunday morning. It's now Monday 12:40 pm and my battery says "29%, 6 hours left". Never gotten such a long life on my z10 before, which is making me a bit paranoia for some reason.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 11:45 AM
    My update on Verizon in SW Ohio occurred when I connected to Link. Never did show up on phone. Already used the new apk feature to get a much better version of netflix than the one I had side loaded. I did notice that once the install finished it took over an hour for all my features to work. It was really sluggish but two hours in and now it is back to normal with all the new features.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 12:18 PM
221 ... 56789