I've just finishes listening to a few podcasts re on the mobile team over at the verge and in the most recent one they were discussing the HTC First, how the market demands bigger and bigger devices and how they all wanted a smaller high end device.

I kept screaming in my head Z10! Z10! Z10!

The verge has to be the place where I've heard the least positive stuff about BlackBerry. Admittedly I've only really gotten back into the tech blogosphere recently, webos was held in even less regard, but what's going on here.

The Z10 barely gets a passing mention, BBM was tacked onto their discussion of messaging despite having constantly been a if not the leader in the field.

I don't know, I think I need to find new podcasts though, but it sure reels like the verge has written off BlackBerry before they've given it half a chance. Really I expect better of Dieter with his background at PreCentral. Just listening to them give the Facebook phone higher praise than the Z10 hurts. It's like they would be struck down if they said something positive about it.

Long Live BlackBerry!!!

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 07:05 PM
    Haters gonna hate.

I would not put any stock into a site that sings the praise of the HTC First (Facebook phone), or Facebook Home. Terrible product getting poor to mediocre reviews everywhere.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-15-13 07:15 PM
    I agree, these blog sites become hard to read when it comes to blackberry/z10 articles, gizmodo.com, bgr.com, tech cruncher, etc. they have bash and and try to put down bb as much as they can, and the comments are worse. Engadget.com hasn't been so bad lately I feel they've taken a liking to the device.

In time they will all turn around because blackberry ain't going no where, weather they like it or not.
    04-15-13 08:02 PM
    To a degree they weren't talking about the Facebook software when referencing the first but the First running stock android. I haven't used the First personally BUT it just drove me crazy that they were begging for a 4.2 inch inch device and forgot the Z10 entirely.

The Facebook software is actually a stunning change to android in 1 specific way. It's actually managed to make android even less secure. There is an interesting discussion to go on with Home though. The argument of a push interface vs a pull.

Posted from CB10 on my LE Zed10
    04-15-13 08:08 PM
    They hate blackberry. One day they will be back.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:58 PM