Hi there, I'm on Verizon with a Z10 and do a lot of travel for work to Africa. I'm wondering whether in your experience it is possible to switch out my Verizon sim for a local sim and have access to all the things I do in the US? I'm pretty certain that I would be able to make calls, but less certain about Internet. How would that work on a pre-paid account?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:33 AM
    You unlock your phone, then everything depends on the carrier and plans you choose in Africa.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 09:49 AM
    Good question. I thought I read that the "GSM Side" of your phone was unlocked so you can indeed use another sim, but that would be the first thing to check out. As far as services go, they have to be avail via the sim you're using, of course (like 3G etc.). But should work if you can get data.
    05-13-13 09:50 AM
    Thanks everyone. I believe my phone is unlocked...that's what Verizon told me anyways. Has anyone tried using data services with a pre-paid system (i.e. Using scratch cards to top up your balance)? I'm imagining that using the Internet would cost a fortune!

Posted via CB10
    05-13-13 01:12 PM