1st time using BlackBerry in life,like the user interface,system,HUB.Battery is just Ok.i was surprised after using 3G package that I consumed triple amount of data then my estimate.some googling revealed BlackBerry don't compress data so it consumes much more then other systems phones.If you want to enjoy 3G,4G etc you got to have unlimited data packages otherwise you will be paying bills much more then your expectations.By the way is there any new BlackBerry which compresses data like androids or other systems do?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 01:46 PM
    No. BB10 does not really compress data. And I'm not sure where you got the impression that Android does either.
    01-19-15 02:00 PM
    You BB Z10 is working just like any other smartphone.... other then older BBOS devices.

You want data compression, you'll have to go back to BBOS. BUT, as most web data is compressed it has been explained that BBOS compression didn't do much to save you data when browsing websites.

If you are using more data, it's because you are just using more data.... browsing more sites, downloading more content....

One tip, in your Browser settings, turn off Desktop Mode... that way you should open a sites smaller Mobile Webpages. Also Wi-Fi is your friend if it is available.
    raino and Ferasz10 like this.
    01-19-15 02:07 PM
    1st time using BlackBerry in life,like the user interface,system,HUB.Battery is just Ok.i was surprised after using 3G package that I consumed triple amount of data then my estimate.some googling revealed BlackBerry don't compress data so it consumes much more then other systems phones.If you want to enjoy 3G,4G etc you got to have unlimited data packages otherwise you will be paying bills much more then your expectations.By the way is there any new BlackBerry which compresses data like androids or other systems do?

Posted via CB10
    No. BB10 does not really compress data. And I'm not sure where you got the impression that Android does either.
    Agreed.

Android does NOT compress at all. In my experience, both Android and the iPhone are just as data hungry.

It all depends on what you have running in the background. I found the Facebook app to be an absolute data hog all by itself. While being logged into my account, it would regularly siphon 1.5 Gb of my mobile data in a month. And I'm usually on wi-fi. I hardly ever actually checked it - maybe once every two weeks, even turned off notifications from it. I decided to just delete the app after having the phone for 6 months, and my mobile data usage dropped by that much the next month - and stayed at the new level fairly consistently ever since. That's how I know how much Facebook was using. I still use anywhere from 800 Mb to 1.5 Gb in a month, but that's okay with my grandfathered unlimited plan - which simply means that AT&T will only slow me down if I hit beyond 5 Gb. I've only got close to that 5 Gb point once - when my home wi-fi router went out and was on mobile data almost all the time for about a month before I could replace it.

BTW, my wife has an iPhone 5 and my son has a Galaxy S4 - so I know how much data they use. My Z10 is not any more data hungry than either of the other phones.

Oh, and I would add that if I'm not on wi-fi, my service is LTE, not 3G.
    FF22 and Ferasz10 like this.
    01-19-15 04:30 PM
    I found the Facebook app to be an absolute data hog all by itself. While being logged into my account, it would regularly siphon 1.5 Gb of my mobile data in a month.
    I've never seen anything like this on any of my devices.
    01-19-15 06:32 PM
    So it may be background applications consuming data but why that much?1-2 GB data consumption in background within a week?
    I fear I have installed many android apps so may be some of them using 3G even when I am not using them.is it possible those android apps steal my data or pics,videos,files,contact info?anyway to be on safe side while still having them installed?any Antivirus recommended or antimalware etc?i mostly install android apps from aptoide or Google search results

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 06:30 AM