I recently got a new car and the media player in it has a slot to plug a usb into. It is supposed to allow you to charge your phone and play the media off of it. However, when I plug by z10 into it a message pops up on my screen saying that it is trying to connect to computer but can't? For now I am just using the head phone to head phone cord. I would love to actually use the usb though. Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this from happening? Tomorrow I will take a screen shot of the message that pops up, it doesn't let me do anything because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Posted via CB10 on my amazingly awesome Z10
    05-02-13 12:06 AM
    You may need to turn on the USB storage feature. Go into Settings/Storage and Access, and at the bottom there's a switch to turn on USB Mass Storage. Once you do that, anything you plug your phone into (including computers and your car stereo) will view your phone as a USB drive.
    bintheredundat likes this.
    05-02-13 12:09 AM
    You may need to turn on the USB storage feature. Go into Settings/Storage and Access, and at the bottom there's a switch to turn on USB Mass Storage. Once you do that, anything you plug your phone into (including computers and your car stereo) will view your phone as a USB drive.
    Thank you! That makes sense. I didn't even think about doing that. I'll post tomorrow and let you know if it worked =)

05-02-13 12:13 AM
    I have the same issue I was able to plug in my bold into the cars usb and it would work no problem.. I had a problem with the Q10 and Z10 I need to try if that works.
    05-05-13 07:35 PM
    It did work

jerryeight likes this.
    05-06-13 08:17 PM