Back story is that I got a Z10 from a business associate but it's locked to a US carrier (this isn't a shady deal).
    I'm not sure what carrier it is and neither does the person who gifted it to me. Did a search to make sure it wasn't stolen and it's not. How can I find which carrier it is to get an unlock code since I'm in Canada.

Thanks for any assistance.

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    07-01-14 12:41 PM
    In some cases you can search IMEI databases and it will show you the originally set carrier. You said you searched to see if it was stolen, often those same searches would offer the carrier lookup. What sites were you using?

http://www.imei.info/ <- is a good one i use often.
    FCBAndrea and djdragon like this.
    07-01-14 12:48 PM
    Do you have the box for this phone?
    07-01-14 12:49 PM
    Back story is that I got a Z10 from a business associate but it's locked to a US carrier (this isn't a shady deal).
    I'm not sure what carrier it is and neither does the person who gifted it to me. Did a search to make sure it wasn't stolen and it's not. How can I find which carrier it is to get an unlock code since I'm in Canada.

Thanks for any assistance.

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    If the phone's locked to a carrier then some sort of corporate ID would probably appear on the flash screen that appears while the phone is booting up. I would suggest looking there first. Having said that I would be more inclined to use an unlock service rather than a carrier, I've found the cost to be about the same and very often quicker and certainly more reliable. A carrier more than likely not offer instructions nor any warranty, a reputable unlock service will. I've only ever used Blackberry Unlock Codes - #1 Source for FREE Unlock Codes, I have no idea if they're the cheapest but they are certainly quick (normally under 24 hours) and reliable and will always supply you with instructions. I've had questions responded to immediately too. They got my Z10 unlocked in less than one day with no hassles what-so-ever. I'm sure there are others who have used other services they would recommend too.
    07-01-14 12:52 PM
    In some cases you can search IMEI databases and it will show you the originally set carrier. You said you searched to see if it was stolen, often those same searches would offer the carrier lookup. What sites were you using?

Check IMEI - IMEI.info <- is a good one i use often.
    Damn. You really are the master of ninja edits.
    07-01-14 01:03 PM
    If you look under the battery it should say it's a 100-3 (t-mo or at&t) or 100-4, Verizon. If 100-3 it should further say RFK121LW (T-Mo) or RFF91LW (at&t)... my dear Watson.
    djdragon likes this.
    07-01-14 07:39 PM
    If you look under the battery it should say it's a 100-3 (t-mo or at&t) RFF91LW (at&t)... my dear Watson.
    Thank you so very much!
    07-04-14 02:48 PM
    Cool.
    07-05-14 12:42 AM