I tried to search but didn't find anything on the Z10. Does anyone know for a fact if in USA on ATT prepaid like the 50$ or 60$ a month prepaid service if it works with the Z10??? Also does ATT lock phone's down like VZW if someone does not pay the bill so I know if buying from ebay im at risk of the ESN which GSM hones don't have can be blocked.

Thanks Guys & Girls.
    06-23-13 12:12 PM
    I tried to search but didn't find anything on the Z10. Does anyone know for a fact if in USA on ATT prepaid like the 50$ or 60$ a month prepaid service if it works with the Z10??? Also does ATT lock phone's down like VZW if someone does not pay the bill so I know if buying from ebay im at risk of the ESN which GSM hones don't have can be blocked.

Thanks Guys & Girls.
    I confirmed with AT&T and they said as long as the phone is unlocked and can take a SIM card then yes you're eligible to get the new Gophone $60 prepaid smartphone plans for the Z10. I'm gonna personally move to them in a few weeks. In reference to your second question, i'm not sure. I do know that most carriers are working on some new database that logs all stolen cell phones by their IMEI #. I'd recommend to ask the seller on eBay whether if the ESN is 'clean'. If not you can always return or open an ebay case claiming you were sold a stolen phone. Ebay is very good in supporting the buyer, they rarely side with a seller during a dispute.
    06-23-13 01:45 PM
    I confirmed with AT&T and they said as long as the phone is unlocked and can take a SIM card then yes you're eligible to get the new Gophone $60 prepaid smartphone plans for the Z10. I'm gonna personally move to them in a few weeks. In reference to your second question, i'm not sure. I do know that most carriers are working on some new database that logs all stolen cell phones by their IMEI #. I'd recommend to ask the seller on eBay whether if the ESN is 'clean'. If not you can always return or open an ebay case claiming you were sold a stolen phone. Ebay is very good in supporting the buyer, they rarely side with a seller during a dispute.
    Unfortunately the locked APN settings don't allow data services on AT&T prepaid since the prepaid services need different APN settings. The locked APN Settings have now been one of the biggest problems with BB10. There are a lot of people on these forums who say that this decided by the carrier and not BlackBerry which may be true to some extent.
    But all other phones such as Android and iPhone allow the APN Settings to be changed to allow data services on AT&T prepaid.
    So question is if others could do it, why not BlackBerry. It is for this reason that I am forced to use T-Mobile prepaid when I'm in the USA.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    06-23-13 02:11 PM
    Unfortunately the locked APN settings don't allow data services on AT&T prepaid since the prepaid services need different APN settings. The locked APN Settings have now been one of the biggest problems with BB10. There are a lot of people on these forums who say that this decided by the carrier and not BlackBerry which may be true to some extent.
    But all other phones such as Android and iPhone allow the APN Settings to be changed to allow data services on AT&T prepaid.
    So question is if others could do it, why not BlackBerry. It is for this reason that I am forced to use T-Mobile prepaid when I'm in the USA.

The locked APN settings has been resolved a long time ago. I'm on Red Pocket (AT&T mvno) and I updated my APN settings to get full data access with the instructions below:-

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    06-23-13 03:14 PM
    The locked APN settings has been resolved a long time ago. I'm on Red Pocket (AT&T mvno) and I updated my APN settings to get full data access with the instructions below:-

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    That is not a resolution but a workaround. The settings don't stay after a reboot and such freedom should be available through easy access. I hope BlackBerry resolves this issue ASAP.

06-23-13 03:57 PM
    That is not a resolution but a workaround. The settings don't stay after a reboot and such freedom should be available through easy access. I hope BlackBerry resolves this issue ASAP.

This has worked for many people on CB as well as myself. I have rebooted several times, pulled the battery, unlocked my Z10 and upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1 by switching SIM cards (to t-mobile) and then back to red pocket and the APN settings are still there and data works flawlessly - never had to update APN again. So i have no idea what you mean by that this doesn't stay, has worked for plenty of people.
    ukmight likes this.
    06-23-13 04:30 PM
    thanks for reply.

So yes I can use on prepaid sim.

Thx
    06-23-13 04:37 PM
    Yeah, again, for AT&T :-)

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 06:33 PM
    This has worked for many people on CB as well as myself. I have rebooted several times, pulled the battery, unlocked my Z10 and upgraded from 10.0 to 10.1 by switching SIM cards (to t-mobile) and then back to red pocket and the APN settings are still there and data works flawlessly - never had to update APN again. So i have no idea what you mean by that this doesn't stay, has worked for plenty of people.
    I have actually never tried it for myself since I switched to T-Mobile at the beginning before the escreen workaround was out and always felt bad about it since AT&T has a much better coverage. I did however read on the forums that settings made through escreen get resetted after a reboot. I have asked this question repeatedly to many people on the forums but no one seemed to care.
    I'm glad to finally learn that this is a permanent workaround.
    Thanks for letting me know.

06-23-13 11:16 PM
    I believe the AT&T prepaid is only 3G also, not 4G or certainly not LTE.
    NET10 (a mvno) is 4G. I'm using a NET10 (AT&T SIM, NET10 provides both AT&T SIMs and T-Mobile SIMs) in my unlocked AT&T phone and it works fine. Even less expensive than the AT&T prepaid.

Fred
    06-23-13 11:20 PM
    I work for att. We changed our prepaid plans within the last week.. we do not support blackberry for prepaid not sure why. Calls and text should work fine... any other phone will get 4G and lte speeds if available..

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:27 PM
    NET10 (a mvno) is 4G. I'm using a NET10 (AT&T SIM, NET10 provides both AT&T SIMs and T-Mobile SIMs) in my unlocked AT&T phone and it works fine. Even less expensive than the AT&T prepaid.

Fred

I believe that AT&T prepaid is LTE. Did you get the APN settings by default or did you have to go through escreen.

06-23-13 11:27 PM
    Unlt talk text and 2gb data for $60 a month

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:29 PM
    I just plopped the NET10 SIM in and activate it and bingo, everything worked fine.

Fred
    06-23-13 11:30 PM
    Mmmm, maybe AT&T has a 4G plan now, the "Smartphone" $60 option.
    Question is where do you get a SIM.
    AT&T appears not to sell just the SIM.

Fred
    06-23-13 11:36 PM
    Go to a corporate store.. they are free.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:41 PM
    Mmmm, maybe AT&T has a 4G plan now, the "Smartphone" $60 option.
    Question is where do you get a SIM.
    AT&T appears not to sell just the SIM.

Fred
    But as I said not sure if it will work with the blackberries. Att guidelines say they will not work..

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:44 PM
    Go to a corporate store.. they are free.

Posted via CB10
    Why would AT&T bother about the phone when it is making no money over the device for a prepaid connection. I have failed to understand AT&T over this issue.

06-23-13 11:44 PM
    Why would AT&T bother about the phone when it is making no money over the device for a prepaid connection. I have failed to understand AT&T over this issue.

Sorry I didn't understand what you are asking..

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:47 PM
    But as I said not sure if it will work with the blackberries. Att guidelines say they will not work..

Posted via CB10
    Are you sure? I called AT&T today and went to the corporate store in my city and they both said I could activate the $60 prepaid plan on my Z10. When you say no more BlackBerrys do you mean the old legacy devices that rely on BIS? The new z10 and q10 do no longer require BIS for Internet service.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    06-23-13 11:51 PM
    Sorry I didn't understand what you are asking..

Posted via CB10
    As you said BB10 is probably the only phone that won't get Data Services support out of the box on a prepaid AT&T.

If AT&T doesn't make any money over the devices on prepaid and the data services are only a question of the correct APN settings, why did AT&T decide not to support BB10.

06-23-13 11:52 PM

Fred
    AT&T officially said on their press release that the $60 Gophone plan will offer LTE for prepaid customers.

06-23-13 11:54 PM
    Are you sure? I called AT&T today and went to the corporate store in my city and they both said I could activate the $60 prepaid plan on my Z10. When you say no more BlackBerrys do you mean the old legacy devices that rely on BIS? The new z10 and q10 do no longer require BIS for Internet service.

I'm am not sure. I thought it might be only the legacy devices also... but as att is concerned it said blackberry general will not work. I can give it a shot tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:56 PM
    As you said BB10 is probably the only phone that won't get Data Services support out of the box on a prepaid AT&T.

If AT&T doesn't make any money over the devices on prepaid and the data services are only a question of the correct APN settings, why did AT&T decide not to support BB10.

The memo we got said " blackberry can not be activated on the gophone plans".. i suspect they meant the legacy devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 11:59 PM
    I'm am not sure. I thought it might be only the legacy devices also... but as att is concerned it said blackberry general will not work. I can give it a shot tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    The lady on the phone was ready to sell me a plan right then. Same with the guy at corporate store. I think it may only be excluding the old legacy devices i.e. 6.x 7.x series Bb OS. Please do let us know.

06-23-13 11:59 PM
63 123