Two points... first it in human nature to share what you know...if the training is not happening ( there are 10 of 1000 sales people ) they fall back to what they are use to....it is their comfort zone... second.... AT&T primary BB channels is Business.... noticed only one Analyst mentioned this.... rest look at only retail channel..... in a limited market..... you need to be an "Utter Nutter" to believe any retail outlet would pass up making money.... if they sell a Z10 they make money..... people need conspiracy theories to justify a position... when the facts do not add up for them....
    03-26-13 11:21 AM
    As for the sabotaging comments, I understand the argument of advertise what "people want". But at this point people know that the large carriers carry the Galaxy and the iPhone... they walk in a store and request to see those, as they kind of sell themselves.

But how can I walk into a carrier and ask for what I don't even know is there. If the carriers advertised the some of the product that wasn't the ones that sold itself they would have more sells. But if you continue to sign commitments to sell a ridiculous number of those phones that sell itself, the other phones will never make that headway in terms of sales.

I've been at the Best Buys and AT&Ts, inquired about the BB and WP phones and received little help or no info. I don't blame those companies, I blame the carriers for not wanting to sell the "other" phones. On the other hand, if I ask about the Galaxy's and iPhones, the reps can tell me the world and quite frankly it's information I already know due to advertising and marketing not only from the carrier. So although carriers are carrying the new Zed 10 and the WP8 phones, have they really diversified their phone portfolio if they are not knowledgeable on and trying to sell these "other" phones.
    2 different things going on with AT&T and both are not good for BB at this stage of the game. U all know they have a boatload of iphone 5 inventory hanging around collecting dust and unless they unload those soon they are stuck with buying the "app launchers"!
    Second- from everything I've read and to be honest I don't have a clue about AT&T "hands on" since I live in Vancouver , but don't they always fail at promoting new phones? Just hope they ignore HTC one like Zed10 or that will **** me off!
    03-26-13 05:43 PM
    Step away from the internets, the carriers aren't sabotaging anything

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:04 PM
    The cream will always rise to the top of the bottle. The American consumer is not foolishly attached to any OS. If the Z 10 is the phone we hope it is, it will sell well. If it is crap like some of the RIM devices, say goodbye to BB.
    03-26-13 07:19 PM
    Don't think they are sabotaging. It is a matter of economics. Z10 has yet to prove it can sell. Given scared resources, it is natural for the carriers to give priority to proven models ie iPhone and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely right, IMO. I actually have a cousin who is the manager of a local AT&T store, and his wife is a manager of a local Verizon store. I asked about why both stores had little Z10 promotion (the AT&T store had a banner inside of the store, but no demo unit, and the Verizon store had only a demo unit, but it was tucked away beside demo units for the iPhone 5, GS3, and some Droids, and dozens of other phones. Like it was literally in the back corner of the store. They both had a similar answer; "I love the Z10, it's an excellent phone, but it simply can't compete sales wise with the iPhone and the GS3." My AT&T cousin said the plan with the whole AT&T branch is, "If on Thursday, it's revealed that the Z10 has sold over 2 million phones, then we'll ramp up advertisments." That kind of pi**ed me off, because it makes me feel like AT&T is setting highly unlikely goals to avoid selling the phone.
    03-26-13 07:23 PM
    Despite the best efforts of US mobile carriers to sabotage the Z10's launch, they will not succeed. As more and more Z10's are sold throughout the world, the innovative Z10 will sell itself. However, one has to ask themselves why the US carriers are so ill prepared to sell the Z10. No displays, staff not trained, Z10's hidden from view. Pathetic!!!!
    I think that tin foil hat might be on a little too tight. Carriers in the US have never pushed BB or marketed them well. BB barely does, why should the carriers incur the cost of advertising? This is not a conspiracy. It is what it is.
    03-26-13 07:27 PM
    From what I've read the many BlackBerry owners back the carries obvious lack of support for the BlackBerry platform. I find it appalling that I've walked into AT&T and T-Mobile and either I don't see the phone or if I ask about it its not in stock on day of the launch (T-Mobile store btw). Why would you purchase just to under sell it doesn't seem like good business to me. Also that out of stock BlackBerry wasn't because it sold out

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:31 PM
    Don't think they are sabotaging. It is a matter of economics. Z10 has yet to prove it can sell. Given scared resources, it is natural for the carriers to give priority to proven models ie iPhone and Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    Please answer me this.........how can a phone sell if no one knows about it????????? Half the salespeople are clueless as well. I have never seen these carriers so stupid!
    03-26-13 07:34 PM
    This is my personal view...

If the phone is not put out on display and having sales people promote and teach the customers about it, it will not sell well. Here in Canada there are many promotions going on for Blackberry. I know a number of people who own the Z10. Other than a few minor things that were easy to fix this phone was said to be terrific. I love this phone! I also bought one for my wife. Our whole family and my business is on Blackberry phones, and most of them are now being changed for Z10's.

I believe, and so do many others, the situation with Blackberry promotions in the US is political in many ways. Blackberry is a Canadian company that operates out of Canada, and has service, and sales globally.

Many of the big US companies want to promote other American companies even though the product is built with cheap slave labor in low labor cost foreign countries, and is not made in the US. The profit margin on the products built in the cheap labor foreign countries is much greater than the ones built in Canada or Mexico. It all boils down to profits over the quality, reliability, and security.

When we buy products made in foreign countries we are hurting ourselves. When encouraging companies to make their products outside of the US or Canada we are taking away more jobs from ourselves.

--

A true story which is sort of off the topic:

I have a friend who worked for a huge US automobile manufacturing company. The directors assembled all the employees in to their huge auditorium. They gave a huge speech about how they have to close down the plant in the city. Thousands of people were loosing their jobs.

The directors of the company said the main reason was lower demand for their cars and automotive products. The cost of operation was exceeding the profitability.

One of the members of the audience shouted out his question, "Why can't the management of the company find a solution or so-called plan to turn their markets around?".

The response from the director speaking was interesting. He said they went around the employee parking lot and counted the cars. They took down stats about the manufacture names of the cars parked in the lot. They found less than 10% of the cars were ones from the company these employees work for. Most of the cars were foreign cars. This was surprising because the employees get a discount on their cars from where they work.

When we work for a company, and if we don't support it as employees we are bound to let it go down. It is the same as when we go shopping, if we buy foreign made products we are not promoting ourselves and our employment. If we can boycott foreign products and let the manufactures know why, they will be forced to revert their operations back to America.
    Last edited by Jerryg50; 03-26-13 at 07:52 PM.
    maddie1128 and pacho69 like this.
    03-26-13 07:34 PM
    Please answer me this.........how can a phone sell if no one knows about it????????? Half the salespeople are clueless as well I have never seen these carriers so stupid!
    Again. Carriers aren't in the business of selling phones. They want to sell plans. Therefore, they push the phones that will likely get them contracts. If no one knows the phone exists, then why isn't it BlackBerry's job to fix that?

All these stories about stores not knowing they were selling it or stores with no display. Don't you think if they were getting constant calls and inquiries about the phone, they'd put them out? Obviously, there's a reason they're not in any rush to make the effort.
    03-26-13 09:27 PM
    When I bought my Z10 last Friday from AT&T,...the AT&T staff knew less about the Z10 than I did. While talking to the TA&T rep,...we commented abt the iPhone, etc.,,,and he stated that they (AT&T) actually lose money selling the iphone,,....if that's the case,...then why aren't they pushing the new Z10 event more? It makes you wonder!
    03-26-13 10:17 PM
    It's not the carriers, it's the sales people.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 11:10 PM
    Why do Americans want BBRY to go bankrupt so badly?
    03-27-13 12:39 AM
    I think the challenge that BlackBerry got to deal with is that because so many people think it is a sinking ship people like to watch the market very closely to see how its new phone is selling overall, how it is received, before making a comment to invest hugely in marketing, promotion, real estate space, etc. Just ask any app developer who have not built one for Z10..

I say if you are a real BlackBerry fan and want to help in its success, buy a new BlackBerry and help in influencing in its success.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 03:54 AM
    Why do Americans want BBRY to go bankrupt so badly?
    They don't. They just don't care enough to part with their hard earned dollars.
    rottonj likes this.
    03-27-13 04:16 AM
    They don't. They just don't care enough to part with their hard earned dollars.
    Us Americans are a value added and wise consumer and will support your product until **** freezes over, just produce something WE WANT. I keep saying this over and over and people just don't get it? It's NOT our fault that Blackberry has failed to deliver a product here for the LAST 2 YEARS that the consumer has been asking for? The consumer here has moved on to Samsung, Apple and LG who HAVE provided the products we have asked for.

This is basic and simple business economics which those well paid and highly educated folks at the Blackberry corporate office should have been able to figure out? The z10 has people here looking at the blackberry brand again, but it's going to take a long time. The past two years have caused even the BB faithful to move to the other platforms and it's going to be very difficult to get them back after they have invested their hard earned money into the hardware and the applications that support it.
    03-27-13 05:51 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD