What's messed up is that their wp8 devices got their updates rather timely. Guess Apple and WP is the ticket if you want updates on Verizon.
    Well, apple does their own updates, so really we can't say that.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    Verizon allows them to do their own updates. Only the all mighty Apple is allowed to do that with their carriers.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's true. But what's the excuse for WP8? How does that have pull over BlackBerry? Even the Trophy got freaking updates.
    04-16-13 07:46 PM
    Verizon has always been slow to release updates...I'm sure that once the Q10 is released on Verizon also they'll push out one massive update. until then us Verizon customers have to hang on there

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:52 PM
    Well it has to be something more than just them "lagging"? You must surely know VZW is BlackBerry's preferred carrier and they actually try and sell the phone unlike AT&T. I am on VZW and so far no major issues. I know people on other carriers who have the same issues. I know we all want the Z10 to be the best it can and not have anything wrong or bad press but lets hope there is a resolution to a lot of the issues soon.
    04-16-13 07:58 PM
    Guys! You know this isn't BlackBerry, right? You know how VZW is (tho I would rather deal with them than AT&T most of the time). Lets not make trouble for Alec S. He was pretty nice to put out there what he did.
    Listen, no one is making trouble. As a consumer, oftentimes you have to get to the bottom of the situation by asking very tough questions that demands accountability (Hell Crackberry Kev does it all the time). I trust Alec far more I trust some anonymous and petulant VzW iSheeple fan boy support guy who happens to be sitting on twitter answer Verizon's support tweets.

In fact, I appreciate Alec stepping up to defend his brand and timely responding to me (and I am sharing the love for all of us VzW Z10 folks so that he doesnt get spammed). I, for one, am glad to see BBRY get out in front of the story and putting the wood to some carrier partners who are failing to uphold their end of their partnership. I do that (being an IT Exec) all the time with my service industry partners when they are not doing their part. By Alec going the extra mile means a strident and confident commitment to the BBRY brand and BBRY's customers.

One has to wonder if Thor and company have really dug in to defend their userbase against all elements foreign or domestic. Thats a brand I can get behind and a company I will continue to be a patron of.
    Last edited by tstrike34; 04-17-13 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Grammar, Content
    04-17-13 05:30 AM
    That's true. But what's the excuse for WP8? How does that have pull over BlackBerry? Even the Trophy got freaking updates.
    Microsoft paid Verizon to make Bing the default search a few years back. Maybe this was included as well.
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    04-17-13 06:24 AM
    Another day, still waiting for an update .... at this point I would assume they are just waiting for 10.1 ... but who knows!!!
    04-17-13 10:24 AM
    Listen, no one is making trouble. As a consumer, oftentimes you have to get to the bottom of the situation by asking very tough questions that demands accountability (Hell Crackberry Kev does it all the time). I trust Alec far more I trust some anonymous and petulant VzW iSheeple fan boy support guy who happens to be sitting on twitter answer Verizon's support tweets.

In fact, I appreciate Alec stepping up to defend his brand and timely responding to me (and I am sharing the love for all of us VzW Z10 folks so that he doesnt get spammed). I, for one, am glad to see BBRY get out in front of the story and putting the wood to some carrier partners who are failing to uphold their end of their partnership. I do that (being an IT Exec) all the time with my service industry partners when they are not doing their part. By Alec going the extra mile means a strident and confident commitment to the BBRY brand and BBRY's customers.

One has to wonder if Thor and company have really dug in to defend their userbase against all elements foreign or domestic. Thats a brand I can get behind and a company I will continue to be a patron of.
    You should probably edit some more.
    04-17-13 10:33 AM
    I don't know if I'd say WP8 updates are super fast. Apple does rule the world as far as speed of updates, which is how it should be for all devices. I think the advantage that Windows Phone has is that all apps can be removed, which means Verizon doesn't really get to modify the OS to stick their bloat apps in there forever. They can be simply uninstalled so there is probably lest testing and crap that needs to go on so updates potentially can come out a bit quicker.

On my Z10 I've discovered that I can actually uninstall the Verizon bloat, but they just come back down via the OTA updates, which is lame. So they must be hacking that into the Blackberry ROM or something.

The real issue is that even after all their hardcore "testing" across devices, updates still come out with annoying and easy to find bugs. What's the point?
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-17-13 10:35 AM
    Most certainly is possible. Been running it myself since last night. Download the installer, connect phone, run installer. Only takes a few min.

Leaked OS v10.0.10.822 for the BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2) | CrackBerry.com
    And the fact that the model number of Verizon Z10's are STL100-4 doesn't matter?

Posted via CB10
    04-17-13 10:41 AM
    It appears it is possible, that's awesome! I might have to give it a go, the only thing I'd be concerned about is losing all I have "taught" my phone over the last, almost, month. it has gotten to know the words I use pretty well. Killing another 3-4 weeks on reteaching it my word usage would kinda suck.
    04-17-13 11:09 AM
    Sorry, I should have said I was using the BlackBerry thing as an example. BlackBerry has the update out, that much is apparent and it is Verizon that is dragging their feet. Sitting back and not causing any ruckus makes companies complacent. They don't give two ****s about the customer if there are no customers yelling at them. It's good that Verizon users are causing a lot of noise and Verizon don't like bad PR. I can't imagine the phone being any more unusable than it is now with Verizon. Random reboots, overheating...where is there to go but up after the update?
    04-17-13 11:42 AM
38 12