I've noticed that many of the major issues such as random reboots have been coming up mainly for Verizon customers. I realize this must be extremely frustrating since Verizon has not pushed any updates. With that said, I do urge you to be patient and stick it out because I do believe the update will come shortly. My carrier is a small carrier here in Canada and also has not pushed any updates through yet. They did however confirm to me that 10.1 will be coming and pushed though at the end of April. Maybe this is also what Verizon will do for their valued customers. I just hope all this frustration doesn't cause Verizon customers to give up on what I believe is the best phone on the market.
    04-16-13 04:15 PM
    VZW needs to acknowledge there's a problem and tell us what their plan involves. I and others have encountered flat-out denial and instead have been told we're the only one(s) with the problems and everyone else is happy and that it somehow has to be our fault, we broke the phone, and need to buy new phones outright. I urge everyone with a reboot problem to call their carrier, and especially Verizon.
    04-16-13 04:39 PM
    I tweeted my carrier asking about when they would push an update and they responded with "end if April and it will be 10.1". Now I have it in writing directly from their customer service. Maybe try the same with Verizon and see what the response is.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 04:49 PM
    hope it comes soon. so far no major problems, just duplicate contacts. I wiped phone and the 2nd time I imported, it worked. love the phone. nice and fast and easy to use.
    04-16-13 04:57 PM
    Verizon can eat ****. I'm not relying on them for anything. I loaded the leaked OS and it is working perfectly on my Z10.

I takes Verizon months to release updates. Look at the Nexus users. The OS is suppose to be pushed directly to there devices, yet it takes Verizon 4 months to release a version of Android after Google releases it. I had it the next day on my device.

My advice? Load the leaks if you are having trouble with your Z10. Load the official version once Verizon releases it.
    jdhooghe and Snap51 like this.
    04-16-13 05:00 PM
    Verizon can eat ****. I'm not relying on them for anything. I loaded the leaked OS and it is working perfectly on my Z10.

I takes Verizon months to release updates. Look at the Nexus users. The OS is suppose to be pushed directly to there devices, yet it takes Verizon 4 months to release a version of Android after Google releases it. I had it the next day on my device.

My advice? Load the leaks if you are having trouble with your Z10. Load the official version once Verizon releases it.
    I am crossposting from an update I made on this issue include DM comments from both BBRY and VzW Support this morning:

I am talking to VzW on twitter... They responded saying that BBRY has not given them an update to push out.

I recommend everyone in VzW BB10 world to hammer the living crap out of VzW.. This is unacceptable.

Either BBRY or VzW is the hold up... Time to hold their feet to the fire... I REFUSE to endure another hellacious cycle of support from VzW after my experiences with both the Storms and Torch.

Let us lift our voices up and apply real pressure ... We have been down this road before with Verizon.

@VZWSupport
    @VerizonSupport

*Update from A Saunders via Twitter*

VzW controls [the updates] I'm afraid. They [VzW] will release when it passes their testing processes

Ok who is zooming who here..

*Update from VzW Support*

We want you to have the best wireless experience! Feelings have to be mutual for both parties in this partnership

WTF BBRY and VzW... You guys get your crap together!!!!!!!

Last edited by tstrike34; Today at 09:21 AM. Reason: Updated content via recent Twitter responses

BB Z10, 64GB Playbook (wish Thor & Co hurry up with BB10 Playbook rollout), Govt Bold 9930

Edit / Delete Edit Post Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    tstrike34
    CrackBerry Abuser

Today, 09:27 AM #34 Report Post

I copied Alec on Verizon Support's response... I also sent them both a DM asking them to " Hug it out guys for your customers "

I recommend the Crackberry community send words of encouragement to both to help them Hug It out and release the OS update to us VzW customers ...
    ronwayne likes this.
    04-16-13 05:03 PM
    Do you mind sharing how you loaded a "Leaked OS" onto your Z10? As far as I know, this isn't possible yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 05:06 PM
    Verizon has to test the OS. I wouldn't believe any BS Verizon is saying.

Like I said, all you have to do is look at the Galaxy Nexus to know VZW is the one screwing everything up. They only allow Apple to push the updates out directly.
    04-16-13 05:09 PM
    Verizon has to test the OS. I wouldn't believe any BS Verizon is saying.

Like I said, all you have to do is look at the Galaxy Nexus to know VZW is the one screwing everything up. They only allow Apple to push the updates out directly.
    Also notice how VzW threw BBRY under the bus with what looks like a whine. I copied Alec Saunders on their tweet urging them to hug it out. I wonder if the support guy got fired for that reply to me about BBRY.

04-16-13 05:10 PM
    Do you mind sharing how you loaded a "Leaked OS" onto your Z10? As far as I know, this isn't possible yet.

Posted via CB10
    Most certainly is possible. Been running it myself since last night. Download the installer, connect phone, run installer. Only takes a few min.

Leaked OS v10.0.10.822 for the BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2) | CrackBerry.com
    04-16-13 05:11 PM
    Sitting back and accepting things the way they are is exactly what you SHOULD NOT do. You make noise and lots of it. BlackBerry refuses to change? You buy one of the the new iPhones. They refuse to include needed features? You sell your phone and go to another platform. Blind loyalty and hoping that things will improve is not how anything should be done.

OP, may I ask you what evidence you have to support, "I believe an update is coming soon"?
    04-16-13 05:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Download the leaked OS. It can be found on the CB homepage. Just search the news.

Backup you Z10. Once the file is downloaded, run it while your Z10 is connected to the PC. Follow instructions on screen (just type in device password if you have one) and let it go from there. Let it reboot then restore your device.
    04-16-13 05:12 PM
    Also notice how VzW threw BBRY under the bus with what looks like a whine. I copied Alec Saunders on their tweet urging them to hug it out. I wonder if the support guy got fired for that reply to me about BBRY.

There is no way that it's on BlackBerry's end. That update has been pushed out to all carriers. The only reason my carrier hasn't pushed any updates through is because they claim it messes with their international roaming and that 10.1 that they will push through at the end of April will fix that. Now they could be full of it about the roaming but at least they didn't blatantly lie and say blackberry hasn't offered it to them.

Posted via CB10
    tstrike34 and yvpan1 like this.
    04-16-13 05:14 PM

I have spoken to BB 2 different times with a VZW rep on the line as well. I have listened to them both make claims, but I know BB isn't lying. Verizon has a track record of this. Just read about the Galaxy Nexus. The Source code is posted online as soon as Google is ready, yet it takes VZW months to push the version of Android out that is made for that device directly from Google.

VZW takes forever to add their bloat and modify the OS. That's why it takes long.
    tstrike34 and jdhooghe like this.
    04-16-13 05:15 PM
    Sitting back and accepting things the way they are is exactly what you SHOULD NOT do. You make noise and lots of it. BlackBerry refuses to change? You buy one of the the new iPhones. They refuse to include needed features? You sell your phone and go to another platform. Blind loyalty and hoping that things will improve is not how anything should be done.

OP, may I ask you what evidence you have to support, "I believe an update is coming soon"?
    This isn't about blackberry changing..it's not them holding up the update. And note the response I got about my carrier in the picture. That's all I have to go on.
    Urging Verizon customers-img_00000048.png

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Urging Verizon customers-img_00000059.png  
    04-16-13 05:20 PM
    I have spoken to BB 2 different times with a VZW rep on the line as well. I have listened to them both make claims, but I know BB isn't lying. Verizon has a track record of this. Just read about the Galaxy Nexus. The Source code is posted online as soon as Google is ready, yet it takes VZW months to push the version of Android out that is made for that device directly from Google.

VZW takes forever to add their bloat and modify the OS. That's why it takes long.
    I went through this pain with both of my Storms and my Torch. VzW needs to quit with the bull**** period. Completely unacceptable.

Well this means I will have to live the rest of my Z10 life off leaks just like I did with my previous phones... *Goes to fire up my trusty Windows laptop solely for the purpose of installing leaks*
    04-16-13 05:21 PM
    Everything I have read leads to one conclusion the Z10 stinks on the Verizon network.
    04-16-13 05:23 PM
    I had the reboot issue as well and I'm with AT&T. I'm going on three days with no issue (fingers crossed) and the only thing I did was delete WhatsApp.

Feel free to add me 24EFEB55
    Download the leaked OS. It can be found on the CB homepage. Just search the news.

Backup you Z10. Once the file is downloaded, run it while your Z10 is connected to the PC. Follow instructions on screen (just type in device password if you have one) and let it go from there. Let it reboot then restore your device.
    yeah try that for your VZW z10. good to know that stl-2/3/4 are on qualcomm so that link is usable for either of those models of z10. hopefully the q10 too will have the same thing so we can share...
    I went through this pain with both of my Storms and my Torch. VzW needs to quit with the bull**** period. Completely unacceptable.

Well this means I will have to live the rest of my Z10 life off leaks just like I did with my previous phones... *Goes to fire up my trusty Windows laptop solely for the purpose of installing leaks*
    I've been loading leaks on my BBs since I first had a 8330. I have loaded custom ROMs on my Android devices since I first got the Droid, and I have been jailbreaking my iPhones since I first got the 3G. I am use to do things like this, so I don't mind. It would really just be nice if BB can push the updates to us.

I just loaded the leaked OS. It was for the GSM devices yet it works on VZW. Seems to me these are Core OS updates and tied to the processor you have in your Z10. BB should be allowed to push them, and then VZW can push us the necessary radio files when ready.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-16-13 05:25 PM
    Here is what I was talking about...

By the way, Alec Saunders is an uber cool guy

Urging Verizon customers-img_00000026_zps56aa584e.jpg
    outlib likes this.
    04-16-13 05:42 PM
    Verizon really has a crappy attitude towards their customers.... The twitter answer I got was very snippy.
    04-16-13 07:06 PM
    This sucks. Let's hope we get 10.1 on time at least. I'm sure it's been I'm testing for the carriers for a bit.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 07:13 PM
    Guys! You know this isn't BlackBerry, right? You know how VZW is (tho I would rather deal with them than AT&T most of the time). Lets not make trouble for Alec S. He was pretty nice to put out there what he did. Hopefully 10.1 arrives soon, tho you have to wonder how long VZW will take with that as well. I just can't give up some features I have on my 9850 yet, so am holding my breath to see what is in 10.1. This is killing me.
    04-16-13 07:25 PM
    What's messed up is that their wp8 devices got their updates rather timely. Guess Apple and WP is the ticket if you want updates on Verizon.
    04-16-13 07:36 PM
38 12