Hi,

I've had my blackberry z10 for about three months now and its been great I love it (apart from at the beginning with no snapchat but thanks to snap2chat its fine )

HOWEVER, over the past two days I have come across this problem - (ALSO SEE PICTURE BELOW WHICH IS ME TAKING A PIC OF A WHITE WALL)
    the camera application goes weird and takes a picture with a yellow and green tint and a thick black vertical line.
    The easy option to resolve this is to restart my phone and it is fine for the first picture. However as soon as i leave the app and go back on, the tint has come back. This means every time i want to take a picture I must restart my phone (and this takes ages to load up)

How do I fix this issue permanently?

Many thanks,

Nina
    15 uk
    Urgent help needed - camera problem x-img_20140301_105819.png
    03-01-14 05:29 AM
    Hey.. so not jumping to any conclusions.. I would say let's not think the hardware's fried (although it's a possibility *sorry* )

But.. to take a shot.. I would recommend u to side load camera.bar file again...
    U can take a .Bar file for your camera from any OS (I guess) but I would recommend 10.1.0.2141's camera.bar if u r running 10.1 ... (it has face detect lol)
    If u r running 10.2/10.2.1 then that .bar file should be fine..
    If u have trouble finding the .bar files for your OS or any other problems .. hit me up pin:24D2597F and I would get u the links
    (or u could reply here in this post too, whichever u prefer lol)
    And u can learn how to side load (if u don't know how, yet) from the side loading forum posts

Hit via the sexiest phone there is. Did sumone say the Z10?
    z10ismything likes this.
    03-01-14 06:12 AM
    It sounds like something interferes with the phone app. So, as suggested try just reloading the camera bar file. But what other apps have you installed that might use the camera? Android apps or sideloaded apps? I don't know snapchat but you mentioned it. You could remove these apps if you have them as part of a test. What OS is loaded?

I also have read about other GREEN images like that from the camera so you are not alone but I'm not sure that I saw any solutions.
    03-01-14 09:30 AM
    Hey thanks for the replies - so I know how to sideload, but where do I get the bar file for camera from? And snap2chat is a beta version but it hasn't messed up my camera before? Xx

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:05 PM
    I've been noticing this problem with my Z30 too.. the screen flashes green but if I focus the camera, it adjusts the image and it usually fixes it.

Swiped with my Zulu-3CHO-0MEGA
    03-01-14 09:10 PM
    It's water

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 11:01 PM
    I think in the LEAK subforum, there are some threads where people wanted camera features from a different OS and posted links to the camera bar files.

My older links to it are not valid so check the threads.
    03-02-14 10:08 AM
    Yup...experienced this on my z10 as well..not water...rebooting fixes the problem...something to do with the .bar file or an android app that is interfering with the stock camera

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:27 AM
    It must be snap2chat then as I've deleted it last night and the problem hasn't come up..
    yet.. xxx

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-02-14 11:10 AM
    Great! So if u r running 10.2.1 then just download Snapchat.apk and install it directly! Works beautifully btw

03-03-14 06:26 AM
    Great! So if u r running 10.2.1 then just download Snapchat.apk and install it directly! Works beautifully btw

Hmm interesting.. i only had snapchat. Ended up restarting the phone; didn't get this problem yet...

03-03-14 10:07 AM
    U have BBOS 10.2.1?
    And I didn't get your reference..
    U have a problem with Snapchat.apk?
    Or is it working fine?
    (if not.. get "snap.bar" Google play store client and sideload it.. get Snapchat from there.. it works beautifully)

03-04-14 01:00 AM
    U have BBOS 10.2.1?
    And I didn't get your reference..
    U have a problem with Snapchat.apk?
    Or is it working fine?
    (if not.. get "snap.bar" Google play store client and sideload it.. get Snapchat from there.. it works beautifully)

Yeah I have 10.2.1 and I only used snapchat from the android store (snap).
    Restarting the phone fixed it.. didn't have the same issue since then

Edit: the problem was only with the BlackBerry camera app.. my guess was that snapchat was causing some problem with the camera
    03-05-14 07:47 AM