YIkes, this reminds me of the life of Playbook.

Was just at local Bell store wanting to try out the Z10. First thing I find out, only phone Active was Iphone & Galaxy would be active in the store soon. So I told the Clerk I wanted to compare a few phones and Z10 was the first one. I quote what the clerk said: O, do not ever buy the Z10. Every phone we had came back DOA. I played dumb and asked a few questions, and all She wanted to do was get me away from the Z10.

so, I left the store and phone Bell corporate Customer Service and asked them their experience. The put me through to the Tech department who Said, and again I quote: Do not buy that phone. Nothing but issues, the email is no longer pushed, from speakers to screens to shut downs to battery life....

This is very frustrating as I own a couple of Playbooks and have been Blackberry user for as long as I can remember.

No wonder BB cannot get a break. I still think the Playbook is amazing but the world did not see it that way.
    07-29-13 03:44 PM
    Stigmas take a long time to correct.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 03:48 PM
    Seems BB is creating their own "bad breaks" with less than stellar hardware/software.
    07-29-13 03:50 PM
    Seems to me the us carriers are just uneducated in how good the new blackberry devices are.

Here in UK carfone warehouse can't rate it highly enough.

I wouldn't worry about it everything doesn't revolve around us carriers.

The biggest mobile company in the world Vodafone UK which I'm with endorse it and no there great devices.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    07-29-13 03:53 PM
    What's entertaining to me is that for my local AT&T Store, the online customer review rating (last time I checked) was 4.5 stars out of 5. It had over 100 reviews. The comments reflected the scores as well. I find that odd. But, I've seen on here before that reps get incentives for certain phones. And frankly, for my store, I doubt they even care about the incentives. They are clueless. The gal checking me out for my Z10 purchase was trying to jam the sim into the SD card slot. SMH

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 04:05 PM
    OP cited his carrier rep as noting that all the Z's had come back. While this was undoubtedly a bit exaggerated, the experience for T Mobile with their Z intro was similarly accompanied by the highest return rate for any of its smaet phones ...and I've got to believe Verizon (with the hands down most troubled BB10) also had had major results.

Add to this BB's poor promotion, financial problems, and, now, with confirmed only "micro-sales" of the Z, no U.S. carrier is going to offer the Z as a best bet to a prospective customer. (Maybe, later this summer, with further clean-up of OS10, the Q's can/will be recommended for a select keyboard enamored consumer type.)

Not rocket science .... BTW, YES the U.S. is critical for BlackBerry and it is hard to imagine the survival of BB without serious acceptance of BB10 in the states.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by M65c02; 08-05-13 at 06:42 AM.
    07-29-13 04:36 PM
    OP cited his carrier rep as noting that all the Z's had come back. While this was undoubtedly a bit exaggerated, the experience for T Mobile with their X intro was similarly accompanied by the highest return rate for any of its smaet phones ...and I've got to believe Verizon (with the hands down most troubled BB10) also had had major results.

Add to this BB's poor promotion, financial problems, and, now, with confirmed "micro-sales" of the Z, no U.S. carrier is going to offer the Z as a best bet to a prospective customer. (Maybe, later this summer, with further clean-up of OS10, the Q can/will be recommended for a select keyboard enamored type.)

Not rocket science .... BTW, YES the U.S. is critical for BlackBerry and it is hard to imagine the survival of BB without serious acceptance of BB10 in the states.

Posted via CB10
    Look at the most recent Kantar figures bb sales (including bbos) and you can see that it is 1% for each carrier, hardly surprising that carriers aren't putting any firepower behind the z10.
    07-29-13 04:41 PM
    Exactly, and why I've recommended (in a similar thread) that BlackBerry consolidate to 3 carriers--maybe even two--in the U.S. BB is spread too thin but may be able to get some traction if they negotiate exclusivity.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:00 PM
    The z10 has done as well as it is going to. You won't see any jumps in sales. Even by Christmas it will be almost a year old and have a new iPhone to contend with

Look for a10 and next 4.3" successor to continue

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:24 PM
    Hey, at this point it is what it is!! People seem to just not be open minded about the Z10, and what it can do in comparison to the other devices that are out there.
    08-01-13 05:33 PM
    Hate to say it but I know 4 people plus myself that have bought z10's and 3 have been sent back twice, for various reasons. I would be frustrated as he'll if it was me, and the worst part is BlackBerry sends them back saying there fixed when they are clearly not.
    08-01-13 05:37 PM
    Extremely frustrating. At the end of the day you have to blame BlackBerry for not doing everything possible to make the z10 a success. Seems like they are now pushing the Q and trying to stick to their qwerty roots, when this has already been rejected by most in the US long ago. Where are the z10 ads????? I'm seeing Q ads on prime time TV but no Z ads!! Makes me mad because I feel like the Z is where the game is. To compete you need to promote the touch device. Not what looks like the same old BlackBerry to most of the world. And let's face it, as good as the Q may be, it's really does look like any other old BlackBerry....
    Really doubting this company as I don't understand what they're doing.
    I'm unfortunately a share holder too...

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:46 PM
    It's lights out. The new Google Motorola phone will be out in months- with innovative features and a 24 hour battery. If you are moving forward - but your competitors are moving forward at twice the speed - you are left behind. The HUB and BBM demonstrate total lack of vision- not innovation.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 05:50 PM