I need some help folks...
    Got my Z10 from ATT Thursday...
    It was 10.1 but was successful sideloading a few apps without doing anything special... Many didn't work of course.

Decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to 10.2 using Sachesi-1.1.2 worked perfectly. Did a full bb link backup first...

I then upgraded the Android runtime to 10.2.0.123.bar hoping to get Pandora and some others working and to my surprise they did.
    I had vine, snapchat, pandora, shazam flipboard (from app store) all working fine.

Then Instagram.... several versions didnt work for me so I thought maybe getting the very latest runtime would work so I downloaded and installed 10.2.1.9. rebooted and Instagram still just did a blue bar about halfway across the screen then closed...

Checked all my other previously mentioned working apps and they did the same thing. So I uninstalled all of them... And reinstalled. same result.

So I downgraded the runtime, rebooted, reinstalled the apps and still fail.

I am thinking wipe the device and start over? Will the restore take me back to 10.1? or should I do a device wipe? Then try and repeat the process? ugh.....

Thanks for any/all advice.
    12-07-13 02:32 AM

I am thinking wipe the device and start over? Will the restore take me back to 10.1? or should I do a device wipe? Then try and repeat the process? ugh.....

Thanks for any/all advice.
    Download one of the leaked 10.1 autoloaders, run it and then run whatever else you want after that.. be it 10.2 or 10.2.1.
    12-07-13 02:44 AM
    You should just load the newest leak, then do a security wipe once the new leak is installed.

This will put you on my 10.2.1.1055, the newest leak, with the best runtime and smoothest running Android apps. There are even native apk installers, making it even easier to load Android apps.

I've been using this leak since it came out, and it is rock solid. It's the best leak o have ever used. I wouldn't ever consider going back to 10.1 now.

If you don't want to do this, wiping your phone will keep it on its current OS, but wipe your data. If you Restore, it will just restore all your data to your device on its current OS.

To get back to its stock OS, you would have to do it through BlackBerry Link on your computer.

Posted via CB10
    XDrew42 likes this.
    12-07-13 02:46 AM
    so... in looking at what I did, do you see the mess up?
    dont want to repeat the same mistake twice!
    12-07-13 02:52 AM
    so... in looking at what I did, do you see the mess up?
    dont want to repeat the same mistake twice!
    Like Bla1ze said, grab a 10.1 autoloader and run it, then your OS of choise, then a wipe.

Form there is business as usual, setup and loading apps.
    12-07-13 09:33 AM
    I, too, used the Sachesi method to move my z10 to 10.2.0 and then also sideloaded an Android runtime but I don't recall which one and I do recall for some reason Sachesi would not load it. I used Chrome.

After two solid weeks for reasons still unknown, my z10 bricked (I don't think it was any of the OS or runtime). It took forever to unbrick it (actually, a replacement is on the way since it seemed dead) but I finally did UNbrick using the 10.2.1.xxxx autoloader. I will say that I really like this OS but it is still NOT official by any means.
    12-07-13 09:52 AM
    So....
    The last runtime I had installed was 10.2.1.9

I did a wipe... went through setup again.
    The OS is still 10.2.0.429

In Chrome it shows android still at that last version but says source is websl where it used to say developer (not sure what that actually means)

uninstalled every sideloaded app...
    Tried netflix first. which was the first app I loaded and was working... It came up to login screen but times out.

Then reloaded all the other apps mentioned before and they all worked.. including instagram!
    They do take 20-30 seconds to load though which is somewhat concerning. Is that normal?

I would consider upgrading to the latest leaked OS IF there was a straight forward guide.
    Does that exist?
    12-07-13 11:12 AM
    So....
    The last runtime I had installed was 10.2.1.9

I did a wipe... went through setup again.
    The OS is still 10.2.0.429

In Chrome it shows android still at that last version but says source is websl where it used to say developer (not sure what that actually means)

uninstalled every sideloaded app...
    Tried netflix first. which was the first app I loaded and was working... It came up to login screen but times out.

Then reloaded all the other apps mentioned before and they all worked.. including instagram!
    They do take 20-30 seconds to load though which is somewhat concerning. Is that normal?

I would consider upgrading to the latest leaked OS IF there was a straight forward guide.
    Does that exist?
    I don't know if there's any straight forward guide. I was in desperation mode since my z10 was bricked and Link and the other methods of loading would not work. I had already called carrier and a replacement is on the way. But on my last attempt, I again tried using the Autoloader for the 10.2.1.xxxx found in the leak forum. And this time it ran. So, my phone was already a blank slate with nothing to lose. It ran easily and I really like the leak and directly downloading and installing Android apps (apk files). And other features, too.
    12-07-13 12:25 PM
    Save your contacts with fire chest, save your sms with sms backup.

Download 10.2.1.1055

Restart your phone and computer

Unzip and open the 10.2.1 file you downloaded

Plug your phone in and your done after 10 minutes. Just need to restore your contacts and sms. It's so easy!!! Then Side load snap and download any Android app.

*some people security wipe but I dont. Haven't had any problems myself but can't speak for others

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    yessuz likes this.
    12-07-13 02:59 PM
    downloading now.... Is there a way back to the OS I have now? This is a work phone.. hasn't been activated on BES yet.. any issues with that?
    12-08-13 04:32 PM
    Good question.. I I haven't tried to go backwards myself but I'm sure there is. There's lots of threads in the leak forum. Maybe someone else can help with that.

Just remember 10.2.1.1055 is still a work in progress.

Batt. life suffers with android apps and there's a few glitches here and there you'll see over time. Overall it's worthy for a work phone and you'll become comfortable with installing leaks as they come out.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    12-08-13 04:44 PM
    You should just load the newest leak, then do a security wipe once the new leak is installed.

This will put you on my 10.2.1.1055, the newest leak, with the best runtime and smoothest running Android apps. There are even native apk installers, making it even easier to load Android apps.

I've been using this leak since it came out, and it is rock solid. It's the best leak o have ever used. I wouldn't ever consider going back to 10.1 now.

If you don't want to do this, wiping your phone will keep it on its current OS, but wipe your data. If you Restore, it will just restore all your data to your device on its current OS.

To get back to its stock OS, you would have to do it through BlackBerry Link on your computer.

Posted via CB10

This works well for me.
    l
    12-11-13 08:01 PM