Dear All,

I have recently upgraded to 10.2.0.424 OS and now I am unable to open files which (i believe) are android ports available on Blackberry world like Flipboard, Ruzzle and Skype etc. When I am trying to load the apps, I am getting black-screen with Blackberry written in translucent letters and there is a blue line at the bottom which shows the progression of the app being loaded, but as soon as this blue line is 1/4th of the screen size, app automatically shuts down.

I have tried restarting the device, with no success and I have also deleted the apps and re-installed. But none of the initial troubleshooting worked.

I am not sure but is there any run-time file which I might have deleted accidentally which makes sure Android apps run smoothly? If not then what can be other options?

Please help me.

Thanks.
    10-28-13 04:19 AM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry! How was this upgrade performed? Did you restore from a backup?

Sent from my zipaligned and deodexed own custom ROM on HTC One X
    10-28-13 04:22 AM
    Thanks Zocster.

I upgraded from the option given in phone to upgrade software, couple of days ago. I did make a backup, but didnt restore.
    10-28-13 04:25 AM
    Another suggestion would be to do a factory reset.

RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-28-13 04:27 AM
    This is what I was dreading. Do you know any particular reason why this would be happening?

Thanks for your help.
    10-28-13 04:31 AM
    Upgrading from a particular build could have bad effects. What was your os prior?

10-28-13 04:39 AM
    Dear Zocster,

I need a help in understand one thing. If I do a backup now in this current state of my apps, media and contacts, and then do a factory reset, and then I do a restore, would I be losing out on any of the important stuff or would this not solve the prob, as I am doing restore from corrupted data?

Thanks.
    10-28-13 04:40 AM
    My prior OS was 10.1.0.7 something i guess... Not sure though...

Best Regards
    10-28-13 04:41 AM
    Dear Zocster,

I need a help in understand one thing. If I do a backup now in this current state of my apps, media and contacts, and then do a factory reset, and then I do a restore, would I be losing out on any of the important stuff or would this not solve the prob, as I am doing restore from corrupted data?

Thanks.
    I tend not to backup and restore as I believe link has long way to go.

10-28-13 04:45 AM
    I had the exact same problem, I re-installed many times to no avail. The fix was do a factory reset, update OS, only restore contacts from backup, then install apps one by one from Blackberry. A laborious process but it worked here, of course you have to sign in to all your email accounts, BB, Facebook and twitter... how you're supposed to do that if you're no tech savey I dont know, I doubt if Angela Mercal does her own.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and RohilChaddha like this.
    10-28-13 05:04 AM
    Then how can I get my contacts and media files back? Apps I can always download, but other things would be an issue? How do you solve that problem?

Thanks.

I tend not to backup and restore as I believe link has long way to go.

10-28-13 06:23 AM
    Shall I update from phone or Link? I am asking this stupid question, because last time I did it from phone and I am facing this issue, dont want to go thru the hassle again...

I had the exact same problem, I re-installed many times to no avail. The fix was do a factory reset, update OS, only restore contacts from backup, then install apps one by one from Blackberry. A laborious process but it worked here, of course you have to sign in to all your email accounts, BB, Facebook and twitter... how you're supposed to do that if you're no tech savey I dont know, I doubt if Angela Mercal does her own.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:24 AM
    My advice is to get new android runtime and reinstall (re-sideload) all your apps. All you need can be found here (at end of page 1)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-an...untime-864234/
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-28-13 07:34 AM
    This happen to me and I never used a leak I went from official 10.1mr to 10.2.

It seems they should have mentioned that you should uninstall all your Andriods apps before upgrading to 10.2. My apps would give me a half way blue loading bar then quit for side loads and ports from BlackBerry World.

The only way I could fix it was to do a backup then wipe my phone. However as soon as I restored my back up it was broken again. I then had to install android runtime listed above. Then I went back into ddpb and I uninstalled everything. Reloaded the runtime again and now it worked.

A bit of a mission.

Posted via CB10
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-28-13 08:42 AM
    you have to reinstall the new unlocked run time, try this one.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Byf8...=sharing&pli=1
    RohilChaddha likes this.
    10-28-13 09:30 AM
    I don't know about Android issues on BB10.

But I would like to comment on backing up, restoring and contacts and media with Link.

The new version of Link, released a few weeks ago, is working beautifully. I have it on my 5 year old Acer Windows7-64 bit laptop.

Before doing an OS upgrade, run a full backup of your Z10. That way, if the upgrade fails, you can reset it to factory and restore from backup. But if the OS upgrade works properly, you won't need to restore from backup.

I also recommend the Link feature to sync your Z10 contacts and calendar with Microsoft Outlook. As it turns out, Link only performs contact and calendar sync with Microsoft Outlook (the MS Office email/PIM program, not the online email service also know as Outlook). So if you're not using MS Outlook, you'll have to use online contact/calendar sync such as with Gmail or Hotmail etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 09:42 AM
    It is a known issue to BlackBerry and they are working on a fix. Hopefully they would release a fixed version of Android runtime via BlackBerry World soon.
    10-28-13 10:45 AM
    It is a known issue to BlackBerry and they are working on a fix. Hopefully they would release a fixed version of Android runtime via BlackBerry World soon.
    I hope that this is true... But I am currently a bit paranoid in using anything which is not given by BB, like the runtime for Android. I dont want anything else to go bad. Being a novice in technology doesnt help me either...
    10-29-13 04:10 AM
    Same thing happened to me, i used an unlocked runtime to get back on track though. Forget wipes and clean installs. Just delete all android ports/sideloads then install an unlocked runtime and all should run again.
    10-29-13 08:07 AM
    I upgraded my os to 10.2 officially and tried sideloading android apps into my z10 but after sideloading, it says "unfortunately your apps has shutdown " please what should be done to make android apps work on the new OS 10.2 ?.?
    10-29-13 09:14 AM
    Whats your software release used?
    On stl100-1?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:24 AM
    11-01-13 08:11 PM
    Am on stl 100, installed the runtime update and still skype and Flipboard don't run, crash after opening app

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 03:15 PM
    Go to BlackBerry World and install android runtime released on last Thursday. Install and run it. You can restart your phone. Then run any of the Android app. It will load slowly ; after that all others work flawlessly.
    this works for me. God bless

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 09:08 PM
    Hi guys... have folloe ur solution n update runtime, but aftet restarted, its load the blue line very slow, then black screen, nearly 5min now n still black screen. Should I juz leave it or restart again. FYI, after dloading d update, i've run it and once finish run the runtime then only I reatart. Am I do smthing wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 08:31 PM
30 12