Z10 all way, I can't put my Z10 down for a second

blackberry 10 Rocks, and the Z10 is my fav Blackberry just love it.
    04-30-13 08:50 PM
    For gods sake no. Why would you want to pay for a phone that does not work when you have one that does. You have a true BlackBerry with great features and you want to pay for a Android clone that only has good internet when you can keep it running?
    It's not an android clone.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:55 PM
    You should be able to upgrade early for free. I too live in Canada and all you need to do is speak to the detentions department and they should help.

As one of the other people mentioned they found a big improvement with the z10 and I agree. I've had the 9800, 9810, and 9900. The 9800 is a dog, very slow and I actually just gave my old one away for free.

Should you wait? I wouldn't but I like to have the latest BlackBerry. If you did wait that means you will likely have newer models to choose from but of course that game can be said over and over. If you wait 5 more yrs I bet they will have an even better phone.

I personally would switch because the 9800 is crap. If you had the 9810 I could see a better argument for holding out (although I again would still want the newest model lol)

Good luck with your decision.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:13 PM
    I upgraded from the 9810 to the Z10 and have been happy I did from day one. I liked my Torch but love the Z10. It's a big step up. If it makes sense financially I don't think you'll regret the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:22 PM
    Considering how bad a Torch 9800 actually is I don't see how this is even a dilemma. The device got phased out 6 months after hitting the market and replaced with what the Torch should have been, the 9810.

Sad, but true. By the way, this is coming from an early adopter of the Torch 9800.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:28 PM
    I had a 9800. If was getting a bit laggy. I did all my work thru my PlayBook bridge. I do miss that with the Z10. The data use on the Z10 is higher. The BlackBerry 10 OS has no equal. To be honest, my PlayBook doesn't get used much at work anymore since the bridge function is so limited. The remember app is excellent. The keyboard is easy to use and very intuitive. I do miss my qwerty at times. So my final opinion of whether to update to Z10 is a definite possibility of a firm maybe.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 09:32 PM
    I didn't realize the 9810 was any better than the 9800, the phone works ok but freezes a bit more recently than I like. I love the size of the z10. I know I want to do a full screen touch mostly because its hard to get a good case for a slider (I love my slider but the poor thing got pretty beat up I had to send it in for repairs). I will have to give it some thought. I also want to partially upgrade just cause my plan is terrible. 200 day time minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited nights and weekends, and 1 gb of data all for about $70/month (they gave me a deal on voicemail normally its an extra $8)
    Yes, the 9810 has much more powerful hardware than the 9800. The 9810 has dedicated graphics hardware (an Adreno 205--the Z10 has an Adreno 225, the same as the Lumia 920 and Galaxy S3). The 9810 also has more ram, more storage, about double the cpu speed (1.2 ghz), twice the pixel resolution, and a better camera.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 11:16 PM
    wow I had no idea the 9810 was so much better, I really miss my old curve that thing ran like a champ and never had an issue till it flew off the roof of my car into a river . I think i'm going to upgrade I just need to find a good plan with at least a few gigs of data that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am still a little confused on the bridge thing will it or will it not work with my playbook and if it doesn't does that just mean I won't get my text and email messages on the tablet? I can live with that as long as the wifi connection off the phone allows everything else to work.
    05-01-13 12:34 PM
    trying to get my z10 happening and it seems you are all advocates and have run the path.. so... can someone help me with this? Should this be in a different forum entry?
    Hi all.. OK.. so I have a similar thing happening... I have a 9800, Playbook, and recently a Z10.. trying to transfer data to the Z10 from the 9800.. OK.. forums tell me to backup 9800 and then restore data to Z10.. but the Device Manager won't even see my 9800 or playbook anymore, so I can't even update them let alone back them up... With the DM not seeing them, of course the Desktop Software doesn't see them as connected.. They both show as connected to the laptop as I can see them in Windows Explorer.. all I can say now is AARRRGGGHHHHH
    Before asked.. Yes, uninstalled V7 of desktop, as had prob with that in the past.. reinstalled V6.. BBDM is running 7.0.0.53, which is the original software version, BBDevMgr 4.2.0.30 RIM USB 4.2.0.19 PN RNDIS 1.0.0.46 USB Serial 2.3.0.12..
    This all seemed to have started once I installed the BBLINK for the Z10.. I just uninstalled the BBLINK, and still no luck..
    05-14-13 11:35 PM
    Oh God, I had a 9800 and upgraded to the Z10. It's a no brainer. Get the Z10!!! You will be wondering why you questioned yourself when you do.

Posted via CB10
    John Pawling likes this.
    05-15-13 12:05 AM
    If you feel like you should wait then just wait. Take your time and think about it. Meanwhile, you should go check out the pictures (both HDR and regular) taken by the Z10. There is two threads for that. Also read about the on-screen keyboard of the Z.
    05-15-13 12:21 AM
    I don't know how to take this post... In one sense I agree but in another, I see it as a bit trollish.
    A bit?

Imo, bannable

Posted via CB10
    05-15-13 12:22 AM
    A bit?

Imo, bannable

Posted via CB10
    wow j@ck@ss much?

one more serious question... while doing a little more research on the BB10 in general I noticed there is no longer any data compression. living in Canada means I basically get bent over for data right now I have 1 gb of data and use anywhere from half to the whole thing. I am guessing that means I should try to move up to at least 2 gb right? Especially since I am hoping there is a good app to make free calls to my family state side.
    phylez likes this.
    05-15-13 04:59 AM
    If you understand that this is a new device and some features you are used to are not there yet, and you're OK with that, jump. Your mind will be blown.
    If you are set in your ways and can't accept that things change and that BBOS had seven iterations with multiple updates of maturity under its belt as opposed to one iteration with two updates, stay where you are.
    I moved from the 9900 and won't ever look back. I embrace change and innovation, I don't find the need to maintain the status quo.

Posted from my gorgeous Z10, which got me into being a BlackBerry fangirl again!!!!!!!!!!
    05-15-13 05:15 AM
    I wanted to get some advice. I have a torch 9800 (and a 32 gig playbook) right now and i'm considering trying to upgrade a year early (Canada and their freaking 3 year contracts). The Z10 seems pretty good still missing an app where I can call my family stateside for free like talkatone does and I can't find many plant identification guides but hopefully those will come at some point. Should I hold out and wait for one of the supposedly better bb10 devices or will the z10 likely work well for me?
    I would upgrade just because z10 is awesome but bridge issue sucks nontheless.
    05-15-13 05:41 AM
    Do it... I had the 9800 and man this Z ain't your your blackberry.

Zed10 and it's the shizznitts..
    05-15-13 06:28 AM
    A bit?

Imo, bannable

Posted via CB10
    Bannable? That's a bit far... You'll be loved here.
    05-15-13 01:19 PM
    If you understand that this is a new device and some features you are used to are not there yet, and you're OK with that, jump. Your mind will be blown.
    If you are set in your ways and can't accept that things change and that BBOS had seven iterations with multiple updates of maturity under its belt as opposed to one iteration with two updates, stay where you are.
    I moved from the 9900 and won't ever look back. I embrace change and innovation, I don't find the need to maintain the status quo.

Posted from my gorgeous Z10, which got me into being a BlackBerry fangirl again!!!!!!!!!!
    yeah I understand its a whole new platform more like android than the old blackberry, or that is how it seems from the couple of times I have played with the Z10. I will miss how the old system works I enjoy it but I want some of the functionality that comes with the new phone and system.

So I have to decided to upgrade to the Z10. I am trying to talk to bell to see if I can get them to offer a decent deal on a 2 gig plan since I discovered there is no more data compression I don't think my 1 gig plan will cover me after I upgrade. I miss living in the states, its so freaking expensive for the plans here in Canada.

Thanks for convincing me to upgrade, hopefully I will get to soon.
    05-15-13 08:10 PM
43 12