I have ordered a z10 STL100-3 from the US. My friend switched it on and got the 10.2.1.2228 from t-mobile... then he sent me the phone... I heard that middle East will not get the OTA update.... I'm really worried as I don't know how to install leaks and I'm afraid to do so... I'm afraid to use sachesi also as I don't want to brick my device... help please.... I really want to update my device without any problems....

Posted via my awesome Z10 STL100-3
    07-27-14 11:09 AM
    07-27-14 11:17 AM
    Would have thought the 100-1 would be the proper model for the "middle east", as it seems to be the model of choice for Saudi/UAE. Also, is this a T-Mo branded phone?
    07-27-14 11:23 AM
    I have ordered a z10 STL100-3 from the US. My friend switched it on and got the 10.2.1.2228 from t-mobile... then he sent me the phone... I heard that middle East will not get the OTA update.... I'm really worried as I don't know how to install leaks and I'm afraid to do so... I'm afraid to use sachesi also as I don't want to brick my device... help please.... I really want to update my device without any problems....

I noted it before, there are leaks and then there are LEAKS. What some folks call "leaks" are OS's OFFICIALLY released by other carriers but not yet released by some other carriers (US carriers generally come out with them later). They are generally not a problem. Folks have somehow managed to package them up and make links to them so the rest of us can load them. Sometimes you will find them as Autoloader files. They will erase all of your data in INTERNAL memory and your settings. But you can generally backup and restore that data using BBLink. Sometimes folks can point to the values you need to plug into Sachesi so that you can download the entire set of BAR files that make up the OS and supporting apps. An OS load using Sachesi is NON-destructive and will not erase settings or data.

Neither process is very hard and the Leak subforum has lots of info on how to do it. (and now I see a LINK has been posted for Autoloader info)

Then there are LEAKS - generally UNofficial OS versions. Again, somehow folks get copies and make them available. They can or might be less reliable and may not include all of the bar files. For instance there are LEAKS for 10.3.xxxx. Those are still beta and have more bugs and other issues. Those are for the experimenters willing to deal with limitations or issues to try the latest and potentially greatest. Use definitely at your own risk.
    zozo1980 likes this.
    07-27-14 11:27 AM
    Would have thought the 100-1 would be the proper model for the "middle east", as it seems to be the model of choice for Saudi/UAE. Also, is this a T-Mo branded phone?
    As you said, model of choice... so I ordered this one because it works here according to the proper bands, and I don't like the low end processor in 100-1. It is an unlocked phone and it is not a T-MO Branded...

07-28-14 08:16 AM
    I noted it before, there are leaks and then there are LEAKS. What some folks call "leaks" are OS's OFFICIALLY released by other carriers but not yet released by some other carriers (US carriers generally come out with them later). They are generally not a problem. Folks have somehow managed to package them up and make links to them so the rest of us can load them. Sometimes you will find them as Autoloader files. They will erase all of your data in INTERNAL memory and your settings. But you can generally backup and restore that data using BBLink. Sometimes folks can point to the values you need to plug into Sachesi so that you can download the entire set of BAR files that make up the OS and supporting apps. An OS load using Sachesi is NON-destructive and will not erase settings or data.

Neither process is very hard and the Leak subforum has lots of info on how to do it. (and now I see a LINK has been posted for Autoloader info)

Then there are LEAKS - generally UNofficial OS versions. Again, somehow folks get copies and make them available. They can or might be less reliable and may not include all of the bar files. For instance there are LEAKS for 10.3.xxxx. Those are still beta and have more bugs and other issues. Those are for the experimenters willing to deal with limitations or issues to try the latest and potentially greatest. Use definitely at your own risk.
    Thanks man.... I will try to use sachesi as it is the safest way for me because I don't want to brick my device....

I can tell from you that, I will not be able to get any OTA update as long as I'm in the middle east?? if this the case, then this is really a very bad move from blackberry to ignore all the customers in the middle east like this....

07-28-14 08:21 AM