In the calendar app, you can choose which of your calendars you want to see, simple. Is there a way to select which you want to appear in the top part of the hub?
    03-03-13 11:28 PM
    just get rid of it altogether if you dont want it
    03-03-13 11:39 PM
    Right, that would work. How do you do it?
    03-04-13 08:26 PM
    go into your settings in the hub and you can turn off the calendar sync for the specific account.
    03-04-13 11:26 PM
    But what if you have multiple calendars in the same account (i have about a dozen calendars on a single Gmail account) and you don't want to see all of them in the Hub? I have 6 of those calendars hidden/deselected in the Calendar app itself, but items from those same hidden/deselected continue to show in Hub, which is where I really don't want to see them at all, since they aren't relevant when I'm mobile.

Is there really no way to control which specific calendars in a given account shows in the Hub?
    06-08-13 10:50 PM
    In the calendar app, you can choose which of your calendars you want to see, simple. Is there a way to select which you want to appear in the top part of the hub?
    Just got my shiny new pre-ordered Q10 from AT&T yesterday {* insert cheers of joy here*}, and am experiencing the same thing.

I have a ton of "secondary calendars" in my google account, for sharing various types of things between friends and family members. Several of these calendars I do not need -- and, more importantly, do not want -- to see "on the go". At all. Ever. Seriously. Like my friend's kids' doctor's appointments, or what's scheduled to record on my TiVo. (Don't ask.)

In the calendar app, I can just pull down from the top, and select Manage, and then uncheck all the shared calenders that I don't want cluttering up my "mobile view". Simple, yes?

But when I'm in the hub, and do the pull-down-from-top to see today's calendar events... it's full of entries for the "disabled" shared calenders!

Ideally, the hub would honor my "do not show" settings as configured in the calendar app. Why it doesn't, I cannot fathom. Alternately, there needs to be a way to tell google to not even let my Q10 know about the existence of certain calendars. Then I remembered the procedure I used for getting secondary calendars on the Playbook, as described here: How to sync multiple Gmail calendars on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

That procedure worked great for my PB, and I was able to go through all the steps and uncheck certain calendars from the google side of things, and then my playbook was never even told about them. Alas, that procedure is not working for my Q10. It is not even being recognized on the list-of-devices page as a device that google recognizes as having connected to my account. So there is no settings page for me to go to and uncheck calendars for my Q10 like I could for my PB.

In addition to all that, I have another problem... I have 2 google accounts, one for personal and one for "work". (Just normal gmail accounts, not google apps stuff.) For the "work" account I have several calendars in there, shared with other "work" people, which I want to be able to see the events from my "personal" account when I'm logged in from my computer, just for FYI purposes, (I don't add/update/delete entries in them from within my "personal" account.). So I have read-only access assigned to my personal account for these shared calendars.

I set up BOTH google accounts on my Q10 last night. And there are a TON of shared calendars that are missing. Annoyingly enough, the missing ones are of course the ones I care about, and the appearing ones are the ones I don't want to see on the go.

There are at least 11 shared calendars I have write access to in my secondary account, that are do not appear at all on my Q10 list of calendars. (And there are about 14 calendars from my primary account appearing that I don't want to see. Preferably not at all, but I can live with the unchecking thing, if they'd also not appear in the hub.)

Does BB10 have some kind of upper limit on the number of total calendars it can handle? Looking in the calendar list on my Q10, there are three "built-in" calendars (the "Home (Local Calendar)", and the "BBLink" calendar, and the Facebook calendar). Then the list includes 26 google calendars. That's a total of 29 calendars -- which seems like an odd upper limit for BB to have capped the calendar app at.

So, to summarize...

(1) When I turn off visibility of calendars in the calendar app, events for "today" still appear in the "pulldown list" of the Hub. If I said I don't want to see them -- I really don't want to see them. Not in the calendar app, not in the "upcoming events" list in the Hub. Not anywhere. Is there some magic incantation I can perform that will hide them in the hub?

(2) There are lots of shared google calendars missing.

FYI, I just did the normal gmail setup and told it to sync contacts and calendars. I am not using Active Sync.

Anyone else experiencing any of this, or have any ideas for solutions?

I haven't even had the Q10 for 24-hours yet, so I haven't been able to experiment with deleting the accounts and adding them one at a time and looking at what calendars are available (like if maybe for the "work" account it is only the read-only calendars owned by other people that are missing), and then seeing if if anything later disappears when the second gmail account is added. But that's the only next step I can think of for "diagnostics".

The only "solution" I can think of is to set these two gmail accounts to NOT sync calendars, and then to create a completely new gmail account, and share all of these calendars with it giving Read Only, or Read/Write access as relevant to each calendar, and then setup this new account on the Q10 and have it be the only calendar syncing account. But that's not really an acceptable approach as this new account would then appear as the "creator" for the all the calendars I have write access to -- "work" and "personal" -- and that's not really cool.

Thoughts? Any brilliant ideas from those of you who've had BB10 / Q10 for several weeks now, unlike us poor saps in the USA?

Thanks!
    --Neefer

Edit: P.S. Holy crap this ended up being LOOOOONG. Sorry!!!! I really hope that's not going to be a deterrent for getting help!
    06-21-13 02:39 PM
    You need to tell Google what calendars to allow to be synced to your Z10. Go the the following link for each Google account you're using:

https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect

And check/uncheck as desired.

Then either delete and recreate the accounts or wait about a day for changes to propagate.
    AndTheArgonauts and neefer like this.
    06-21-13 02:51 PM
    YES!!!! That's the secret magic I was trying to find last night! THANK YOU!!!!!!!

The hack I used for my PB only mentioned an "entrance" URL that was a device-selection page which then took you to this calendar-selection page -- which was the page that I really needed. Awesome. I've configured both accounts now. We'll see how long it takes to propagate on its own before I get impatient and do the delete and re-add. :-)
    AndTheArgonauts likes this.
    06-21-13 04:13 PM
    Thanks again! By the end of my work day, all the wanted google calendars were finally showing up on my Q10, all my unwanted google calendars had at last disappeared from my Q10, and when I got home -- my playbook had also "magically" fixed ALL of it's calendar problems! I've added this URL to my Password Keeper so I can find it again later. :-)
    06-22-13 02:01 AM
    Not at this time.
    06-22-13 10:07 AM
    just get rid of it altogether if you dont want it
    That would get rid of it in the calendar app as well.
    06-22-13 10:07 AM
    go into your settings in the hub and you can turn off the calendar sync for the specific account.
    i can not find the setting of sync in the hub

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:45 PM