Hi guys, I am a BBRY fan since 2007 thru various models and at present with a Z10.

I would say that the OS is still evolving, I will not say that it is stable.

It may be a rant, since four days the battery is acting weird. gets discharged to almost zero in two and half hours and should be plugged in again. Reinstalled the OS and discharged the battery till the phone went dead, as suggested in some threads here. These suggested solutions aren't helping, will be at the service centre for a replacement battery. Good that it came with a six month warranty on the battery.

We have seven Z10's in our office now, will post any future developments on these units.
    Last edited by vj8203; 05-27-13 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Grammer
    05-27-13 12:10 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

So this behaviour started with your battery 4 days ago, but for long was this same unit in service? Longer than that 4 days?

If it's not new, did anything coincide with the difference? New app, usage change, new anything?

How are your other 6 devices performing?

This is how you CB10, son!
    vj8203 likes this.
    05-27-13 12:17 PM
    Hi elite1,

The phone is about three months old and till now galloping until this battery incident.

Usage pattern is normal - not much of a change, updated two or three apps I suppose. One noticeable incident is that I let the battery die, this had not happened before.

Currently I have let the battery at zero since three hours without charge, the phone is not dying.

The other phones are doing good, usage issues only.
    05-27-13 01:09 PM
    Except that you have another six units that you believe are loaded similarly, I'd say that you are absolutely wasting your time with a "feel better" replacement battery. But if indeed all your other phones are similar except for usage habits, it may be that indeed your battery is failing after less than 3 mths.

Check one more time that you don't have something gone awry in the background of your phone. Whether a direct OS10 setting (eg., WIFI set in perpetual search loop or different email sequencing) or BBW/sideload Apps operating different on your phone, something may be operating different that you are not aware.

No doubt about it, unlike BB5 and BB7 releases, OS10 can be a tricky little devil and needs lots of love, attention, and patience as clearly (and regrettably) still in its infancy stage!!!

Posted via CB10
    vj8203 likes this.
    05-27-13 08:20 PM
    That's an app that's doing that to you. Check that you don't have any sideloaded apps from BlackBerry World - they're usually the culprits to battery drainage. If not then check that you haven't sent any emails with attachments because it might send the same email multiple times with the receiver only receiving one email.
    Also have a look at your data usage if you have a limit.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 08:25 PM
    "Sideloaded" and "from BB World" are polar opposites. Guessing last poster means ported Android apps instead of sideloaded.

If you can recall those 2-3 apps you've recently updated, you could try deleting them, waiting couple days, then reloading them one at a time every couple days to see if there's an obvious culprit.

As per one of the other posters above, check various settings. LTE enabled but no source available? Are any of NFC, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi enabled but never used? Turn one off if that applies.
    Any apps where it's own settings have a choice to background update or not set to always be updating?
    Some explorations might help...

05-27-13 09:23 PM
    Guys, thanks for the suggestions.

In my last post "Currently I have let the battery at zero since three hours without charge, the phone is not dying.". It is been now more than fourteen hours the battery is yet to die. In that nine of them without any activity - may be a couple of mails. I have wifi, Bluetooth and the mobile network on (mine is a STL100-1).

Now It could be that the battery is quite okay, the culprit could be in the OS. Thinking of wiping it full and downgrade to OS 10.0 - stay on it for sometime and monitor, then an update to 10.1.

I have made it a barebones phone, removed all the installed apps - no side loaded ones earlier also.

Any ideas?
    05-28-13 12:57 AM
    I'd say your problems are a mirror image to what I've been experiencing with mine as well. The battery at 0% lasted for more than 8hrs with little activity.

I down graded to 10.0 os yesterday, updated to 10.1 opting to install some essential apps afresh and it still went back to 0%.

Was going to get a new battery but met someone at the shop who did a battery swap with me and we watched his battery run down like a sprint. I have tried everything from different threads on this issue and still no solution. Don't know what went wrong but it's frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 01:32 AM
    Swapped the battery with one on the other phone and that one is holding on my phone.

Now it is a confirmed battery issue, going to the store for a free replacement.

Thx all for the help and suggestions.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 06:55 AM
    Swapped the battery with one on the other phone and that one is holding on my phone.

Now it is a confirmed battery issue, going to the store for a free replacement.

Thx all for the help and suggestions.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    With this development I guess I'd try another battery and see what happens. I pray it works out well for me. Congrats

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 10:42 AM
    Alright guys. It's official, new battery and my Z10 is back to life......

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 06:19 AM
    "Sideloaded" and "from BB World" are polar opposites. Guessing last poster means ported Android apps instead of sideloaded.

If you can recall those 2-3 apps you've recently updated, you could try deleting them, waiting couple days, then reloading them one at a time every couple days to see if there's an obvious culprit.

As per one of the other posters above, check various settings. LTE enabled but no source available? Are any of NFC, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi enabled but never used? Turn one off if that applies.
    Any apps where it's own settings have a choice to background update or not set to always be updating?
    Some explorations might help...

Ok Android port then. Happy? It was obvious I meant a port.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-13 10:52 AM