Hi,

So I recently bought my Z10 and 2-3 days ago I noticed some smudges that I cannot wipe. I tried using an LCD cleaner for phones and that didn't move them either. They disappear for a few seconds but re-appear. I am starting to think it's something between the LCD and the cover glass. I would appreciate all your help. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:42 AM
    Hi,

So I recently bought my Z10 and 2-3 days ago I noticed some smudges that I cannot wipe. I tried using an LCD cleaner for phones and that didn't move them either. They disappear for a few seconds but re-appear. I am starting to think it's something between the LCD and the cover glass. I would appreciate all your help. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Where did you buy the phone? Take it back and ask them to investigate for you.
    Did you have them put a screen protector on it? Are you sure its not something on the back of the protector?
    06-15-13 08:05 AM
    I have this too is multiple places,but it doesn't jot bother me and I've ignored it without feeling like it's worth taking action

I have the z10 since launch. I noticed it the second day. Could be because I used string Window cleaner on it or it could be because it was always there and I noticed it when I cleaned it.

I suppose it could also have something to do with contact points inside my BlackBerry holster, but I would think I could clean them if that were the case.

Oh, and I don't use a screen protector or active case. My phone is naked unless it's in my holster.
    06-15-13 08:11 AM
    Hi,

Thank you for the warm welcome. I purchased it from Rogers. I have been monitoring these "smudges" for a few days and I am sure they are not under the screen. They feel slightly different from how the rest of the screen feels and they are at different areas of the screen. First I noticed three bigger ones and now I see a few more tiny ones. They seem more prominent with fingerprints. I've tried cleaning with an LCD cleaner and they do dissappear but come back after a few seconds. The spots seem to be water resistant.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:23 AM
    Well considering the Z10 does not use Gorilla Glass I think it is most likely a scratch. Just like when you wash your car. The scratches seem to disappear until it dries, same effect as cleaning it with the cleaner.
    06-15-13 08:32 AM
    Well I've been using touch screen phones for a while and I am certain it's not a scratch. I guess all users can tell a scratch. Some people have posted pictures on other threads. Thanks for your input

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:40 AM
    Try cleaning it with makeup cotton pads and just a little bit of rubbing alcohol. Just get the makeup pad damp enough so that it can be affective and clean the phone.

I use my wife's makeup pads all the time and the alcohol which is 99% isopropanol cleans and disinfects at the same time.

Works even better on white phones, just try not to drench the pad in to much alcohol. Same method used to clean my white G-Shock!

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    ndorazio likes this.
    06-15-13 08:56 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=769877

Check out the above thread.

Posted via CB10, Z10 & Q10, VZW, SoCal
    06-15-13 10:21 AM
    I am definitely going to try the rubbing alcohol. I've read that a few different places. And that link below is what I am facing pretty much. I appreciate all your help guys! I love this community already!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:04 AM
    I am definitely going to try the rubbing alcohol. I've read that a few different places. And that link below is what I am facing pretty much. I appreciate all your help guys! I love this community already!

Posted via CB10
    Please post and let us know if you resolve your issue ok? It will be a big help to someone else as well.!!!! Good luck!!!!

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-15-13 12:49 PM
    It's a poor application of the oleophobic coating applied at factory. Oleophobic coating prevents finger prints and oil on the screen if not applied correctly you will have spotting. It's baked into the screen so if you use liquid once dried it will reappear. It's a defect, take it back and ask for a different one.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:53 PM
    Ok so Jaydee I tried but to no avail. I gently wiped using rubbing alcohol and a microfibre cloth but it doesn't go away. In fact I am seeing more spots everyday. I think that oleophobic coating theory makes sense. Fortunately my phone is less than 14 days old so I asked for a replacement. I really hope the new unit has no defects. I have had replace two devices before, one for a dead pixel and another for no wifi connectivity.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:02 PM
    I had em on mine!! Buy screen protector!!!
    I can't see any now!!! It WORKS!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:05 PM
    Lol well hiding them won't satisfy me.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 06:00 AM
    I have them as well. I noticed them a few weeks after I bought it and they have definitely grown.
    Thinking of sending it in for repairs. Has anyone else done this?
    09-15-13 11:04 PM
    Lol well hiding them won't satisfy me.

Posted via CB10
    But get a screen protector after you get the new Z10.

Posted from my Zed 10
    09-15-13 11:25 PM
    Yeah! I have a screen protector on my new ZED. Thanks!

I like cookies
    09-16-13 01:01 AM
    I ordered 4 screen protectors for. 99 cents on Ebay including shipping and so happy i did. I can't believe I was gonna risk my screen for less then a buck.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 01:05 AM
    I got one first z10 replaced for 3 dead pixs lol

Posted VIA BlackBerry Z30
    09-16-13 07:24 AM
    Yes I have them too. They were evident when the phone was new. You have to sorta angle the phone to see them- but after a bit I never bothered and I really don't notice them st all anymore. I did think they were on the inside however.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 08:59 AM
    A screen protector works well. I had the mystery smudges for awhile but since having the protector there's been no issues. Don't even notice it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 09:00 AM
    Hi,

Posted via CB10
    This may sound silly but have you tried to clean them with your finger?
    My finger seems to work the best on smudges.
    09-16-13 08:31 PM
    If you have KY Jelly on your fingers, don't touch the screen. The heat from your fingers activates the oil and the smudge becomes permanent. Same thing happened to my plasma TV.

Posted via CB10 on my Black Z10.
    09-16-13 11:42 PM
    Palm of my hand works great. Screen protectors ruin ones lovely Z10 view.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-13 11:50 PM
    My first BlackBerry Z10 was like that..unfortunately i could not find a fix.
    09-17-13 01:52 AM
27 12