I used my current ATT SIM card while I unlocked the phone. I have been calling and texting and so far so good.
    KenV54 likes this.
    12-07-13 05:40 PM
    My unlock code from AT&T was free, but the instructions say it will only work when I insert some other non-AT&T SIM card, presumably when I go to another country, as I told them I was going to be doing.

It sounds as though your unlock worked without inserting another SIM card, or maybe just taking the AT&T SIM card out. Is that correct?

I may buy a Rogers card, too, to get the updates, although you can get and install the official updates (not leaks) using Sachesi once any carrier in the world releases them.
    I was wondering about those instructions. I'm pretty sure u can go to the unlock screen and enter the code.

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    12-07-13 06:48 PM
    I was wondering about those instructions. I'm pretty sure u can go to the unlock screen and enter the code.

AT&T Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    All that hullabaloo about nothing.

I just entered the unlocked code with the AT&T SIM in place and it unlocked. Everything seems to be working fine.
    12-07-13 07:11 PM
    Now that we have an unlocked Z10 does anyone know how to use the new SIM card to get these updates from Rogers? I'm pretty sure I can't keep that Canadian sim card in there forever?

I refuse to wait for anymore ATT updates....they suck!
    12-14-13 04:26 PM
    Now that we have an unlocked Z10 does anyone know how to use the new SIM card to get these updates from Rogers? I'm pretty sure I can't keep that Canadian sim card in there forever?

I refuse to wait for anymore ATT updates....they suck!
    You don't need the Rogers SIM card. Once you find out which carrier has an OTA upgrade available, and that will be all over this forum, just use Sachesi to DL and install it nondestructively. So far, though, with 10.2.1.xxxx, after 1055 there's been nothing, and no one knows when there will be, apparently, or at least they aren't saying.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:34 PM
    OK, all you cynics and AT&T bashers (of which I have been one, on occasion), here's the response from AT&T, sanitized as to the unlock codes and IMEI number:

--------------------

Thank you for contacting AT&T Customer Care about unlocking your AT&T Mobile device.

CASE: CM20131205_xxxxxxxx
    MOBILE: 312xxxxxxx
    IMEI: 352922xxxxxxxxx
    UNLOCK CODE: 823913xxxxxxxxx

We have reviewed your request and confirmed that the device may be unlocked.
    Please allow 24 hours upon receipt of this notification to complete the unlock process.

To unlock your device, simply:

Unlock Instruction for Blackberry Z10:
    1) Insert a non accepted simcard into the phone (any simcard that is not from the original phone carrier). Power on phone.
    [And the usual instructions about entering code]

-----------------------

I am a contracted AT&T customer with 17 months to go on my contract based on when I bought the Z10 from BestBuy.

I guess they're not so evil, after all. :-)

I have been fighting with ATT for over a month, they will not budge on the stupid still on contract no unlock code for you policy. ugh!!!!
    01-08-14 09:55 PM
    I have been fighting with ATT for over a month, they will not budge on the stupid still on contract no unlock code for you policy. ugh!!!!
    That's a bummer. I bought my Z10 using a cross upgrade from a family plan member whose contract had expired. My contract was up in November. I didn't realize they were so strict. Maybe now that T-Mobile is offering to pay to break AT&T contracts you'll have some leverage (they don't want you to leave even if you pay the penalty got breaking the contract), and, in fact, the AT&T phones work fine on T-Mobile once they are unlocked, which T-Mobile would do for you, I assume.

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    01-08-14 10:33 PM
    That's a bummer. I bought my Z10 using a cross upgrade from a family plan member whose contract had expired. My contract was up in November. I didn't realize they were so strict. Maybe now that T-Mobile is offering to pay to break AT&T contracts you'll have some leverage (they don't want you to leave even if you pay the penalty got breaking the contract), and, in fact, the AT&T phones work fine on T-Mobile once they are unlocked, which T-Mobile would do for you, I assume.

Posted via CB10
    I had 3 cases set all denied. After I read today about tmo paying etf I threw that out there seeing how much money I spend with att for home, cell, and Internet service bu no dice they set another case but I lost hope. And them not selling bb10 anymore sucks!

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    01-09-14 12:30 AM
    Got my Z10 from T-Mo. USA. Not paid in full. Was chatting with customer service (just before they put in their new killer overseas rates and wifi-calling for the Z10) and mentioned I was heading to Eurasia. "Oh, would you like your phone unlocked?", she asks. 24 hours later I get free unlock code. Those who stick with AT&T say how much better their coverage is. Well, between wifi-calling (T-Mo only); dirt cheap international rates; and very liberal roaming on AT&T... that argument makes very little sense.
    01-09-14 05:43 AM
    You don't need the Rogers SIM card. Once you find out which carrier has an OTA upgrade available, and that will be all over this forum, just use Sachesi to DL and install it nondestructively. So far, though, with 10.2.1.xxxx, after 1055 there's been nothing, and no one knows when there will be, apparently, or at least they aren't saying.

Posted via CB10
    Just put the Rogers Sim in and it will update the phone

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-09-14 05:51 AM
    Here's my problem with the ATT unlock policy: I didn't buy the phone and have never had an ATT contract. I got this Z10 yesterday, straight from a BB guy (because I am awesome, of course) and they (store, calling) refuse, rather snarkily, to help.

They insist they can only unlock if I had a contract, then the contract is paid off in full, etc. That is... INSANE. Is there anything resembling a workaround anyone knows of, or can anyone suggest an unlock service that actually works and isn't crazy expensive?

Else it's gonna be a WiFi only test device, sadly.
    02-20-14 01:49 PM
36 12