Hi.. I apologize if this has been covered before but I recently bought a Z10 from Best Buy @retail price for $700 and I'm trying to get it unlocked to work with T Mobile. I was wondering if somebody could recommend me a good trustworthy site for doing this or the best method to go about it. I've seen a few sites who claim to be able to provide the unlock codes for my particular phone/carrier from $30-60 but I'm just trying to play it safe since my phone wasn't cheap... I appreciate the help!
    03-30-13 09:30 PM
    I would stick with CB for that.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:35 PM
    If you've bought it at full retail price, AT&T and/or Best Buy should provide you the code for free. Have you tried asking either of them?
    03-30-13 09:36 PM
    What made you buy from best buy at $700 when AT&T sells it retail for $550?
    03-30-13 09:49 PM
    Yeah-- AT&T told me they don't sell the phones w/out contract, and after reading from other ppl's experiences I haven't bothered trying to get it unlocked through them....Best Buy told me they don't sell them unlocked, so I'm assuming they don't provide the codes either since they didn't volunteer that info or seem to have any knowledge of it... I guess I can try asking them tomorrow though.
    03-30-13 09:52 PM
    He's got lots of money send some my way I have a wedding to pay

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 09:52 PM
    Best Buy told me they don't sell them unlocked, so I'm assuming they don't provide the codes either since they didn't volunteer that info or seem to have any knowledge of it... I guess I can try asking them tomorrow though.
    I asked about this once at my local Best Buy, and to be honest, I didn't get a clear answer from the BB Mobile rep. She was almost surprised I brought it up, and roundabouted an answer. Since I wasn't going to buy from them anyway, I didn't push it too much.

In your case, somebody better give you the code. AT&T might try to push it off on BB. If you have to pay extra, which I hope you don't, send your unlocking bill to the Librarian of the Congress.
    03-30-13 09:59 PM
    hi this are very serious people for that
    if your bought the AT&T Z10 get the unlock code here and tell me how it went

https://www.swiftunlocks.com/unlock/...ckberry-unlock

Best Regards
    04-01-13 05:22 PM
    You do not need to go to an unlock site...call AT&T and talk to them.
    04-01-13 05:28 PM
    If the OP has an active and good standing service with AT&T they may unlock the device. AT&T is under no obligation to provide any code for the devices it sells to a non customer.
    04-01-13 09:13 PM
    Yeah-- AT&T told me they don't sell the phones w/out contract, and after reading from other ppl's experiences I haven't bothered trying to get it unlocked through them....Best Buy told me they don't sell them unlocked, so I'm assuming they don't provide the codes either since they didn't volunteer that info or seem to have any knowledge of it... I guess I can try asking them tomorrow though.
    AT&T does sell the phone outright without a contract, that's how I got mine. Popped my prepaid AT&T SIM card in and things went up right away. I asked them about the unlock code and they said they'd give it to me for free once the phone itself is eligible for unlocking, which may take a few months since it is a new phone. Don't know if I'm going to eventually get it but at least the AT&T reps here are not giving me any problems so far.
    04-16-13 10:16 PM
    I just bought Z10 from tigerdirect.com lastweek and call AT&T today. Talk to the Rep and they response I don't have a code for this IMEI number and ask me to call RIM.
    04-18-13 10:38 AM
    It is currently ILLEGAL to unlock any phone in the US until something changes. Even the carriers are bound by this restriction so you might as well pay whomever on the internet. I'd love to unlock mine if only for the option when I travel but it isn't a priority for me right now. Maybe once the pricing drops or they get the decision changed in DC as to unlocking the phones.
    04-18-13 10:49 AM
    I asked about this once at my local Best Buy, and to be honest, I didn't get a clear answer from the BB Mobile rep. She was almost surprised I brought it up, and roundabouted an answer. Since I wasn't going to buy from them anyway, I didn't push it too much.

In your case, somebody better give you the code. AT&T might try to push it off on BB. If you have to pay extra, which I hope you don't, send your unlocking bill to the Librarian of the Congress.
    I work for Best Buy Mobile. We do not have the code generators to provide the unlock. This has to be done by either the carrier or via an online paid service. I purchased my z10 outright from Best Buy and was successful in getting AT&T to unlock it on my first attempt.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 10:58 AM
    It is currently ILLEGAL to unlock any phone in the US until something changes. Even the carriers are bound by this restriction so you might as well pay whomever on the internet. I'd love to unlock mine if only for the option when I travel but it isn't a priority for me right now. Maybe once the pricing drops or they get the decision changed in DC as to unlocking the phones.
    Only UNAUTHORIZED unlocking is illegal, as in the online paid services. The carriers can legally unlock the phones at their discretion upon your request.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 11:00 AM
    Only UNAUTHORIZED unlocking is illegal, as in the online paid services. The carriers can legally unlock the phones at their discretion upon your request.

Timett, Son of Timett
    Good to know but with T-Mobile having a lower retail price why go through the trouble of buying an AT&T locked phone and from Best Buy for $700 on top of that. Doesn't smell right to me.
    04-18-13 11:03 AM
    Simply because my employee discount at Best Buy gives it to me at cost instead of $699.99. Also BB doesn't stock T-Mobile phones anymore. Also I hate T-Mobile.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 11:06 AM
    Yea good luck with getting att to unlock your phone as a NON-CUSTOMER because it ain't happening. These goofs have had me wait till April 19th for a response. It's unbelievable.

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK)
    04-18-13 11:24 AM
    T-Mo excellent at unlocking phones for customer, free (and yes, it is legal). Plus it looks like they will have wifi-calling on the phone (IMS version) and will be the only one carrying it. We have one phone in the family on AT&T (iPhone of course) and we much prefer T-Mo.
    04-18-13 11:26 AM
    I got my AT&T Z10 on eBay for $549 free shipped

Got my phone unlocked for $35 and code arrived in 24 hours when he wasn't even offering a z10 unlock. Now that he has the ability, it should be done in 1-6 hours--z10 is listed now.

Support was great; Robert just had the codes so he wanted to make sure it all went well.

Contact him here: [email protected]

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 12:37 PM
    T-Mo excellent at unlocking phones for customer, free (and yes, it is legal). Plus it looks like they will have wifi-calling on the phone (IMS version) and will be the only one carrying it. We have one phone in the family on AT&T (iPhone of course) and we much prefer T-Mo.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I do think the Z10 has wifi calling on T-Mobile. They do list it as one of the models that supports this.
    04-18-13 12:42 PM
    T-Mobile Z10 do support wifi calling. Even with an employee discount it still should have been cheaper to buy from T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10 on VZW Z10
    04-18-13 12:44 PM
    T-Mobile Z10 do support wifi calling. Even with an employee discount it still should have been cheaper to buy from T-Mobile.
    Why would it be cheaper to purchase a phone at full retail from a place without a discount versus a place with? Fail to see that logic, although I suppose its possible if not probable.

I don't know what T-Mobile is selling it for outright. Going by their website its at $531.99 but it wasn't very clear as that was their plan pricing. I paid $521.10 and have a 60 day return policy on top of it (No plans to return but hey, why not). I don't think T-Mobile will match that. And I dislike T-Mobile enough that assuming their price difference wasn't huge, I'd probably still pay Best Buy more for it & the convenience.

Timett, Son of Timett
    04-18-13 12:52 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I do think the Z10 has wifi calling on T-Mobile.
    Nope. Not yet, at least. But if they're advertising WFC, it means it's coming.
    04-18-13 08:27 PM
    where did you do it? ... what compay did you use? or How did you do it?
    04-27-13 01:37 PM
29 12