Hi folks I unlocked my phone last year to take overseas. Phone died on me so when I cam e back I got a replacement z10.

Now going overseas again. I got my unlocked code from the same place I went to last year. I entered it and said phone succefully unlocked. So to double check I put in my other Sim in to see if it works. It tells me "The Device is Network locked.Contact your service provider."

So I called the guy back who I got the code and he tells me yes some replacement phones they wont unlock its a blackberry software problem. He says he can see if he can issue me a refund and I tell him I just need my phone unlocked!!

Folks plzzz help! Im leaving this Sunday what do I do???
    08-07-14 05:08 PM
    Refurbished phones are notorious problem phones for unlocking through normal providers of that service. Good luck.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    08-07-14 08:02 PM
    Spend 2 hours on the phone with Bell. Tried to unlock it with them same code# and still same error message. Im sooo upset and got pretty much nowhere!! Im just tired at this moment my brain hurts from talking to all these customer service etc... I don't wish this on my worse enemy! Im so mad and disappointed I give up right now!

Last thing the guy told me he will send my info to Blackberry and blackberry will contact me in 1-2 weeks while im overseas. Umm I don't know about that but it is what it is.
    08-07-14 08:13 PM
    I had the same issues with my Bell z10
    After about 5 hours on the the phone with Bell support over 3 days Bell finally contacted BlackBerry repair and got a new unlock code from BlackBerry
    It seems the repair depot replaced a circuit board and even though the MEI was the same the new board did not accept the original unlock code.
    Keep pushing your carrier for a correct unlock code

Posted via CB10
    007Storm likes this.
    08-07-14 08:53 PM
    Thx Keith. Will try my luck again tomorrow. Any tips on who to talk to too speed up the process of back and forth? Can't believe I spend 2 hours on the phone today.

You think I can get it unlocked before my Sundays trip or is that pushing my luck Waaay to much?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:17 PM
    I was down to 2 tries on the code input screen before my phone would become forever frozen to Bell. I am on a corporate account so I got my Rep involved. She was about to send the phone back to BlackBerry with instructions for them to return it 'unlocked'. As I was driving to meet the rep BlackBerry actually called me and give me a new unlock code totally different to the one that matched my imei. It worked. If on a corporate account get your rep involved and don't let them tell you there's Nothing they can do. If on a retail plan ask the call center to escalate to the regional manager.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 04:40 PM
    Hey thx for your feedback. Yes I was told a BlackBerry rep will call me as well with a different number most likely. Problem is I'm leaving Sunday. So I asked them if BlackBerry can email me instead. Gave them an overseas cell number too that I will have but who knows with the time difference if they will get a hold of me.

How long did it take the BlackBerry rep to contact you? They told me anywhere from 1-2 weeks.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 08:34 PM