So I want to try a new carrier for a bit before I next upgrade. However in order to do that I need to unlock my Z10 which is currently locked onto the O2 network here in the UK. I've requested a free unlocking code from them however things haven't gone as smoothly as I'd hoped. I entered the unlock code into the Phone Network Lock screen in the settings but it's not let me do it. I've had two goes at it already and I don't want to do it a third in case it gets locked onto O2.

So does anyone have any experience in unlocking their Z10? I've contacted customer services but the woman wasn't too sure as to what I need to do. Apparently I have a 24 hour wait. I'd rather a fellow Crackbarian gave me advice over that woman - they're more likely to give me good, useful advice.

Thanks in advance!
    03-02-15 01:45 PM
    I am on T-Mo USA and they gave me my unlock code, free and it worked first try. You do NOT need to put an alien SIM in your phone to force it to request an unlock. However, O2 should be sure you have the right code. Still, if I were you, I'd look around here

BlackBerry Unlocking - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    03-02-15 02:54 PM