Best Buy never has a large stock of unlocked phones to begin with... Especially not one as brand new as the Z10.
    I know... but imagine if it's unlocked iphone 5 sold out on the 2nd after launch while locked device are still plenty... do you think media will be all over the top on that news?... now this happens to BB10, of course people will shrug it off.
    03-23-13 10:29 PM
    Available at every store in New York City and the suburbs. And around Washington, DC. And a half dozen ZIP Codes I checked. Stores seem to have more than enough inventory. Try 10001 (NYC), 20001 (DC), Irrational Fanboys should check more accurately before calling people trolls.
    I'm not calling anyone a troll. I'm also in NJ. I didn't canvas the area stores because I went to An ATT store Friday morning. They had 15 in stock and 12 when I left a few minutes later (2 other guys bought one while I was there).You know how Best Buy is with their inventory -- they are in stock until they're not. I'd like to see the stock do well and I want to see a lot of products move just to keep the apps coming. The US delayed launch was already swimming upstream in the press, yet there seems to be some genuine enthusiasm. So of course the goalposts are moved. I appreciate your bringing some balance to things but let's see if word of mouth can defy the short sellers and their shills.
    aha and Lehomer like this.
    03-23-13 10:30 PM
    All the Best Buy stores and AT&T stores here in East Texas still have plenty
    Exactly what I've come across over here in West Texas. I wish it were different but right now that's what it is
    I'm still positive that if enough of us show off our devices we can get more people on board!
    03-23-13 10:31 PM
    I know... but imagine if it's unlocked iphone 5 sold out on the 2nd after launch
    I don't understand what you're saying. Do you mean, the unlocked iPhone 5 did not sale out until the second day? If that is what you meant, I can guarantee Best Buy had thousands more in stock than they did Z10.
    03-23-13 10:33 PM
    Okay so just out of curiosity I gave in and went to the Best buy website and did a product search for the Z10. Not available at any of the stores in my area. I'm in northern NJ. I can see NYC from my front Window. I stopped after the first 6 stores but that usually means you have to travel way down south or go out of state.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:04 PM
    Okay so just out of curiosity I gave in and went to the Best buy website and did a product search for the Z10. Not available at any of the stores in my area. I'm in northern NJ. I can see NYC from my front Window. I stopped after the first 6 stores but that usually means you have to travel way down south or go out of state.

Posted via CB10
    I also just went to the website and searched store availability. All stores within a 200 mile radius say available for pick-up now.
    03-23-13 11:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also I decided to go ahead and search a city in northern New Jersey and they all say available for pick-up now as well.
    BestBuy.com - Find It At A Best Buy Store

If you're searching for store availability for the unlocked device, I'm telling you, they aren't going to have it. The unlocked device is not an accurate gauge of inventory people.
    03-23-13 11:11 PM
    I spoke with a Bell rep when the z10 was first launched in Canada, he told me Bell stores were all sold out, "My system says so"... I didn't believe him, so I started phoning local stores. Found a few with a phone or two so I ran out and bought one. Been a happy camper since.
    03-23-13 11:26 PM
    I spoke with a Bell rep when the z10 was first launched in Canada, he told me Bell stores were all sold out, "My system says so"... I didn't believe him, so I started phoning local stores. Found a few with a phone or two so I ran out and bought one. Been a happy camper since.
    That's awesome! I wish us over here in the U.S. had that same problem(trying to pin down a Z10 due to high demand).
    03-23-13 11:28 PM
    Congratulations, BlackBerry. Glad to know there are indeed discerning consumers in America. More Z10 converts.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:37 PM
    Of course you have firm sales numbers that you can suck on to prove your case that "it's an unqualified hit". In spite of the fact that plenty of Best Buy and AT&T stores have it in stock. I guess the lack of lines and adequate inventory help you out.

BTW - I have a Zee10. Had it since launch. Just because I don't bow down to the great BlackBerry (as you clearly do - right on your knees) in no way makes me a troll. But if you want to see trolls (and conspiracies) everywhere, that's your choice.

Unqualified hit. "many countries over last couple months". It came out 7 weeks ago. 30 January, remember? In New York. With Kevin's haircut. When they handed out a bunch.

Keep digging that hole brother.
    Wow, the trolls are getting frisky. How about I buy $500, $1000, $5000 in BBRY stock Monday morning. And you short the same amount? Whatever amount you want up to $10,000. Or are you 'just sayin'?
    BlackistheBerry and mmcpher like this.
    03-24-13 01:59 AM
    Also I decided to go ahead and search a city in northern New Jersey and they all say available for pick-up now as well.
    BestBuy.com - Find It At A Best Buy Store

If you're searching for store availability for the unlocked device, I'm telling you, they aren't going to have it. The unlocked device is not an accurate gauge of inventory people.
    Yeah, that probably is the discrepancy, although it makes me wonder how they figure this stuff. I've never even thought of buying an under-contract phone from Best Buy but I have looked at unlocked phones there. It's hard enough getting the carriers own retail stores to coordinate your account. I shudder to think what Best Buy might foul up. So they turn away customers looking for unlocked phones even as branded phones sit unsold.
    03-24-13 03:22 PM
    Sold out ... at $800! Wow is that the retail price in the U.S, $150 more than in Canada? Notice that it is unlocked, maybe lots of them will end up on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    It's $550 carrier locked, which is fine with me. Not worth $250 extra for an unlocked phone when I have AT&T anyway :-D.

When I bought it the AT&T Rep says "are you sure you want to buy this, you could get a Lumia 920 or Galaxy S3 for that price"... ahh yeah guy unlike you I actually know something about phones and do research.
    03-24-13 03:32 PM
38 12