Hi guys, I have a question about the software update on my BB Z10.
    I've purchased it on the EBay as a AT&T locked device and unlocked it in Russia with different carrier. The issue is that the cellphone is not updating to 10.2.
    My question is: am I supposed to get an update from my current carrier, or AT&T will push it on my device on it's release date?

UPDATE:
    Thanks you, guys!
    I used Sachesi and now I have 10.2.0.429.
    Recent questions that I still have:
    1) After the first boot I had an error ("a problem with you media license database has been fixed"). What does it mean and should I worry about it?
    2) Can I continue the usage of Sachesi to update to 10.2.1, for example, when it comes out?
    Last edited by Meowx; 01-04-14 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Add
    01-03-14 03:29 PM
    Welcome to CB! If you've unlocked it, and have a local carrier sim in there, the update will come from you carrier, not AT&T
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 03:53 PM
    Welcome to CB! If you've unlocked it, and have a local carrier sim in there, the update will come from you carrier, not AT&T
    Then I have one more question: my friend has a "factory unlocked" Z10 and the same carrier as I have, but he got the 10.2 update immediately after the first boot of a device.
    What could be a problem?
    01-03-14 04:05 PM
    Then I have one more question: my friend has a "factory unlocked" Z10 and the same carrier as I have, but he got the 10.2 update immediately after the first boot of a device.
    What could be a problem?
    Maybe his factory one already came loaded with 10.2?
    01-03-14 04:29 PM
    did you check for an update, I have an unlocked att device with a rogers sim. I manually checked and the update popped up for me
    01-03-14 04:31 PM
    Put his sim in your phone and see if it finds an update or not...

Report back

Posted via CB10
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 04:48 PM
    Maybe his factory one already came loaded with 10.2?
    My friend had 10.1 on his first boot
    01-03-14 04:49 PM
    Put his sim in your phone and see if it finds an update or not...

Report back

Posted via CB10
    Now he is really far from me, it's impossible. I tried to turn on my z10 without a sim card but it didn't help
    Though, when I'm turning on my z10 without a sim card, I see the same AT & T logo. Is this normal?
    01-03-14 04:56 PM
    Whichever carrier's SIM is in, their OS gets pushed. That's not to say there aren't other ways to install new OSes.

AT&T has not put out a 10.2 yet.
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 04:58 PM
    did you check for an update, I have an unlocked att device with a rogers sim. I manually checked and the update popped up for me
    When I go to Settings -> Software Update -> Check For Updates, the device says that I have the latest version
    01-03-14 05:00 PM
    You have a fresh phone, why not install the 10.2.1.1925 update yourself? I have said many times that I have given up waiting on my carrier (AT&T) to push updates. I figure that I may now be waiting until hell freezes over to get 10.2.1.1925 from them. They do not care about Blackberry Z10's any more since they discontinued sales of same.
    01-03-14 05:08 PM
    Like raino said, your software updates depend on the carrier that your sim belongs to. If you want the goodness and stability of an official 10.2.0.xxxx software, you can download Sachesi and use it to find and install the new OS to your phone. If you want the goodness and stability and all the really nice upgrades to your phone's capability that 10.2.1.xxxx brings, then go to the BB10 leaked thread and download the autoloader of the OS you have chosen to your computer, then plug in your phone and let the autoloader do its thing.

Waiting for a carrier to release a software update that makes your phone better is sometimes a frustrating and fruitless endeavor.
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 05:22 PM
    Like raino said, your software updates depend on the carrier that your sim belongs to. If you want the goodness and stability of an official 10.2.0.xxxx software, you can download Sachesi and use it to find and install the new OS to your phone. If you want the goodness and stability and all the really nice upgrades to your phone's capability that 10.2.1.xxxx brings, then go to the BB10 leaked thread and download the autoloader of the OS you have chosen to your computer, then plug in your phone and let the autoloader do its thing.

Waiting for a carrier to release a software update that makes your phone better is sometimes a frustrating and fruitless endeavor.
    I want to use only stable versions of software (not leaked). If I use Sachesi - will I get the latest stable software? Will it wipe my data or will it be like a OTA update?
    01-03-14 05:44 PM
    if you want the latest official OS update from a carrier you need to put in the SIM. the leaks will work, but might not be stable. Double check and make sure your phone is truly unlocked. I believe in security>sim card, it should say network: unlocked, network subset: unlocked and service provider: unlocked.
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 05:51 PM
    if you want the latest official OS update from a carrier you need to put in the SIM. the leaks will work, but might not be stable. Double check and make sure your phone is truly unlocked. I believe in security>sim card, it should say network: unlocked, network subset: unlocked and service provider: unlocked.
    Unlocked AT&T software update-img_00000129.png Unlocked AT&T software update-img_00000128.png
    01-03-14 05:59 PM
    Sachesi will get you the latest if that's the one you search for when using it. You can search for your carrier and the device model.
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 07:27 PM
    I want to use only stable versions of software (not leaked). If I use Sachesi - will I get the latest stable software? Will it wipe my data or will it be like a OTA update?
    To answer your question, yes Sachesi only gives you official carrier approved updates. The are official releases, but as for stability that is always a moving target. :-)

There are no leaks with Sachesi.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Meowx likes this.
    01-03-14 07:28 PM
    Thanks you, guys!
    1) After the first boot I had an error ("a problem with you media license database has been fixed"). What does it mean and should I worry about it?
    2) Can I continue the usage of Sachesi to update to 10.2.1, for example, when it comes out?
    01-04-14 03:38 AM
    How do download Sachesi?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 07:34 AM
    How do download Sachesi?

Posted via CB10

Use a computer and follow this link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/

Follow the instructions.
    01-04-14 07:57 AM
    Thanks you, guys!
    You may already know these answers.

A number of folks have gotten that "Media License" message. I'm not sure anyone knows what it really means but does not seem to have any negative impact.

And I suspect that Sachesi will be able to find 10.2.1.xxxx when it finally goes official from some carrier somewhere in the world (other than Verizon, AT&T and other stubborn US Carriers).
    01-04-14 10:10 AM