If I buy an unlocked T-mo Z10 for use on the AT&T network, will I be able to connect across all bands? If so, will performance be equivalent to an AT&T device?

I spend a lot of time abroad (mainly in Latin America) and a number of countries I spend time in don't have wide LTE coverage. I want to be able to turn the LTE off for battery reasons, but also want my core AT&T service to work at full speed in the states.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
    04-11-13 03:18 PM
    Nobody knows? I've run across a few posts on using AT&T devices with T-mo, but not the reverse... Help please!
    04-12-13 08:55 AM
    The AT&T version of the Z10 has the 2100 MHz AWS HSPA band blocked.
    T-mobile owns the 2100 band here in the US.
    At&T is known to remove that band from their devices since they are not authorized to use that band.

There is a note in the Network connectivity section here on the US blackberry site which says that band is removed.

T-mobile requires 1700 and 2100 in order to get 3G or 4G HSPA+. One band does a security check and the other does data.
    Without the 2100 AWS band 3G/4G HSPA+ is impossible. T-mobile support explains it here
    I don't understand why some people say they get 3G or 4G here in the US on T-mobile if AT&T blocks that band in the US.

LTE bands are not blocked so you can still get LTE to work on T-mobile with an AT&T Z10

The T-Mobile Z10 doesn't block any bands when it is unlocked. As a result, It works with At&T when unlocked.
    04-25-13 12:47 AM
    I have a T-Mobile z10. It is not unlocked. I see 4G on ATT regularly on my phone. It may not work on every band but it works on at least one.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-13 01:04 AM
    You will only have edge speeds

Kah
    04-25-13 01:48 AM
    The ATT Z10 will only get edge on the Tmobile network when unlocked.
    I have an ATT and a TMobile Z10 both unlocked so I can confirm this.
    My Tmobile Z10 works just fine on the ATT network and even works with their LTE network.
    04-25-13 01:59 AM
    My T-Mo Z10 is unlocked, I bought an unlock code two hours after I brought it home. I also have an active AT&T data account.

The phone sees AT&T LTE and HSPA just fine, although because I'm locked out of changing the APN I couldn't actually get data. AT&T SIM wants you to use 'phone' and I'd need to put 'broadband' because of the way my AT&T account is provisioned. It was mostly an experiment until I put the SIM back in the hotspot.

The main reason for the unlock is that I travel to Mexico frequently and also keep an active Telcel account. With the Telcel SIM in the BB Z10, it roamed fine on AT&T and could see AT&T LTE. Had HSPA only using Telcel SIM, no LTE roaming I don't think - and at Telcel's prices?! No way. I left it configured that way about 30 seconds with data roaming on just to see what would happen. Haven't won the lottery yet so I won't do that again anytime soon.

In short I think that once unlocked your T-mobile Z10 will work fine on AT&T.
    04-25-13 01:59 AM
    I've been searching for the same question. I may not know everything about AT&T and T-Mobile but I have read an article stating that about 25 percent of all cell towers are down in the 10 states struck by Hurricane Sandy, according to the Federal Communications Commission. However, AT&T and T-Mobile are joining forces, for a time, to help deal with the talk and data traffic in New York City and New Jersey, They are two areas especially influenced by the storm.
    05-01-13 11:57 PM