Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Z10 running on 10.2.0.429 with Koodo (in Canada).

In the Contacts app, I've switched off Facebook so that it doesn't populate my contacts with information from Facebook. However, one of my contacts seems to have is account linked with his Facebook account. When I open that contact, I see the Link icon at the bottom which shows two accounts (main account and Facebook account). I would like to unlink those two accounts and delete the Facebook one, but I don't know how. In the past, I unlinked some accounts by hitting the Link icon and then deleting the account I wanted to get rid of, but it doesn't seem to work that way anymore. When I hit the Link icon, I can't select one specific account. If I click on one specific account, it unrolls and shows more informations. If I press and hold one specific account, there's no left menu that appears to let me delete that account. The only thing that happens is that when I unhold the specific account, it unrolls and shows more information.

So my question is: how can I unlink accounts of a contact? I don't seem to be able to do it anymore.

Thanks a lot and happy new year!

Blaccko
    12-31-13 07:23 AM
    Open the contacts app -> open the contact -> there should be a links button at the bottom -> click on it -> Unlink the Facebook account

If there isn't a Facebook link, perhaps edit the contact and remove the Facebook field.

I hope that I helped.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10.
    12-31-13 08:17 AM
    Hi GSM-S,

Thanks for your help. That's exactly what I used to do before, but now it seems not to be working. When I hit the Link button at the bottom of a contact, I get to his different account (main account and Facebook account). However, I can't select his Facebook account to delete it (neither a click nor a press and hold will do something). Also, at the bottom, I only have the Add link option, no option to delete a link.

Unlink contact's accounts-img_00000665.png

What can I do?

Thanks again,

Blaccko
    12-31-13 08:43 AM
    Hey, Blaccko.

I never heard of this problem. I tried to Google it but there is no results for it.
    Anyway, is this problem only with this contact or all contacts? If for all contacts, can you unlink other Facebook contacts? Can you unlink any contact?

If this is a Facebook problem, you could try to remove your Facebook account and re-add it. Perhaps that would reset the incorrect Facebook sync.

You could also try to copy the contact to the sim card (or send it to your email by sharing it) and delete it on the phone. Afterwards, just re-add the contact.
    Last edited by GSM-S; 12-31-13 at 09:34 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-31-13 09:13 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. That worked. It's odd, but at least it's working right now.

Blaccko
    GSM-S likes this.
    12-31-13 09:30 AM
    I'm glad that I have helped.

12-31-13 09:35 AM