Hi, does anybody know what a solid triangle next to the battery symbol mean (see screen shot attached)? This symbol showed up for the first time the other day, and again today. It is accompanied by a notification sound that plays every 10-15 seconds. It won't stop until I reboot, after which it disappears and everything goes back to normal.

By the way, the closest symbol in the Z10 manual I could find is the "Roaming" notification (even though it is lightly different), but I checked, roaming has been set to OFF on my device!

Unknown triangular notification symbol!-img_00000042.png

Posted via Z10
    08-23-13 10:10 AM
    It means that tour media player is playing something, I would think.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    08-23-13 10:13 AM
    That means media is playing. You might have a video or song playing or media player open. Try closing the active frames and it should go away.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    Your device is playing some sort of media or thinks it is. Try rebooting and it should go away (since you dont appear to have anything running)
    pkcable likes this.
    It means you had a song playing or media open.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 10:29 AM
    Thank you all for the responses. I just tried and started to play a video and the same symbol came on. So, you are all correct. It appears that the phone thinks a video is playing (don't know why, since nothing has been playing or open). But, at least now I know it relates to that and nothing serious. And, as mentioned, rebooting the phone seems to fix the problem (at least for a while!). So, once again, thank you all for your help!

Posted via Z10
    08-23-13 10:45 AM
    This could happen even if it is an app using the sound or video API Depending on how the developer set it up. Sometimes if you're on the browser and playing a song or video it will do that too (which is the hardest to figure out-especially if you have that tab out of focus and the track is paused or ended but the API is still engaged.

Hope that helps too.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 02:49 PM
    Thank you all for the responses. I just tried and started to play a video and the same symbol came on. So, you are all correct. It appears that the phone thinks a video is playing (don't know why, since nothing has been playing or open). But, at least now I know it relates to that and nothing serious. And, as mentioned, rebooting the phone seems to fix the problem (at least for a while!). So, once again, thank you all for your help!

Posted via Z10
    It's been natural for me to just restart when i experience any bugs or glitches. Then I know what I am up against. Sort of.
    I probably do a restart around once a week just because .

Posted via CB10
    08-23-13 03:05 PM
    I probably do a restart around once a week just because .

Posted via CB10
    Ya, I have come to the same conclusion. Sometimes I sense the phone is doing something even though all apps are closed (example is when the battery is draining faster than usual, or when it gets a little warmer). In all cases, a simple restart seems to put things back to normal. Thanks for the advice.

Posted via Z10
    08-23-13 06:03 PM