I've had this problem before and I don't know how to fix it and/or prevent it.

In my pictures I have a set of pictures that shows up as an album call "Unknown" I can't delete the album. I tried opening the album but I only get a black screen. The last time this happened, I had to hard reset my phone and I don't want to go through that process again.

This time I notice the album popped up when I opened the side-loaded tumblr app or it might have been the side-loaded pinterest app.

anyone else ever have this issues and knows how to fix it.
    11-11-13 03:27 PM
    It could be that your sideloaded app created a map in your pictures directory in order to store pictures you save from that app..

Have a look in your File Manager and see if you can locate the map and delete it from there... you can find the created maps from sideloaded apps in Phone/misc/android...

Delete the map there and see if it still pops up in your pictures app...

From the Z...
    11-11-13 03:38 PM
    What OS?
    Try:
    restarting
    battery pull
    security wipe
    try a different os
    11-11-13 03:38 PM
    Some android apps do leave random files on the system.. at this time there's no way to prevent it, or to at least exclude them from the pictures and media apps.. personally I would just ignore it, but if you can't your only option is probably to stop using the offending app.

As for which one is the cause.. all I can say is pinterest isn't leaving any erroneous folders on my devices and I don't use tumbler..
    11-11-13 03:39 PM
    I've had this problem before and I don't know how to fix it and/or prevent it.

In my pictures I have a set of pictures that shows up as an album call "Unknown" I can't delete the album. I tried opening the album but I only get a black screen. The last time this happened, I had to hard reset my phone and I don't want to go through that process again.

This time I notice the album popped up when I opened the side-loaded tumblr app or it might have been the side-loaded pinterest app.

anyone else ever have this issues and knows how to fix it.
    Have you sideloaded any instant messaging app like Viber, Tango, Voxer etc?

The only solution to get rid of this problem is a security wipe...

Simply Zeddin' It...
    11-11-13 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try them and see what happens. Im pretty sure it was the tumblr app because one of the pictures I saw on tumblr is in that folder.
    11-11-13 11:49 PM