Simple answer is it gone, or is there a config I am missing when I bought the phone it was there -- now it is gone...

Thanks guys!
    04-05-13 10:01 AM
    Simple answer is it gone, or is there a config I am missing when I bought the phone it was there -- now it is gone...

Thanks guys!
    Need a little bit more clarification...

Are you asking if the universal search meaning the magnifying glass icon) at the bottom of the home screen can do goggle or YouTube searches?

If that is the case, from my experience, it doesn't go out to Google or YouTube in real time to search. It is a local search (unless you click on BBW or Foursquare, etc)

You probably saw "Browser" pop up in the past as an option only because your search criteria matched an url address you visited in the past. It doesn't mean to go on the Internet to search.

Anyways, that's how it works for me unless someone can show me otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:16 AM
    Need a little bit more clarification...

Are you asking if the universal search meaning the magnifying glass icon) at the bottom of the home screen can do goggle or YouTube searches?

If that is the case, from my experience, it doesn't go out to Google or YouTube in real time to search. It is a local search (unless you click on BBW or Foursquare, etc)

You probably saw "Browser" pop up in the past as an option only because your search criteria matched an url address you visited in the past. It doesn't mean to go on the Internet to search.

Anyways, that's how it works for me unless someone can show me otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    Yea the search on the home screen on the Torch and even the original firmware was able to search Youtube. Even Google or Bing a certain string entered there.

I'm pretty sure it worked liked that even when I got the z10.

Can anyone else clarify - its not huge but it was a quick jumpto type of thing.
    04-05-13 10:43 AM
    Yea the search on the home screen on the Torch and even the original firmware was able to search Youtube. Even Google or Bing a certain string entered there.

I'm pretty sure it worked liked that even when I got the z10.

Can anyone else clarify - its not huge but it was a quick jumpto type of thing.
    Doesn't look good for you, go to settings > search

All the categories and settings doesn't have any option for Internet searching.

I do think it would be nice for BlackBerry to have the Google/Bing/Yahoo icon option in the extended search area.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 10:49 AM
    Doesn't look good for you, go to settings > search

All the categories and settings doesn't have any option for Internet searching.

I do think it would be nice for BlackBerry to have the Google/Bing/Yahoo icon option in the extended search area.

Posted via CB10
    I swear it was there when I bought it weird. Okay good to know though thanks for getting back to me!

Mike k
    04-05-13 11:01 AM
    I have found that when I reload my device the option for Browser is present in Extend Search. My brother has Google, Bing, and Yahoo icons. I installed an update from Link and the option is gone.

Upsetting that I have to reload the OS again to get the option back...
    04-06-13 05:31 PM
    I knew it they were there.

Why must they mess with simple features like that :/

I'm worried that os 10.1 won't be the godsend people are hoping for.
    04-12-13 08:47 PM
    I thought I was going crazy or that somehow my phone was messed up. After installing OS 10.0.10.116 on my Z10 the google and other search engines extended search option also disappeared.
    04-14-13 11:43 PM
    I thought I was going crazy or that somehow my phone was messed up. After installing OS 10.0.10.116 on my Z10 the google and other search engines extended search option also disappeared.
    To get them back, open the browser > settings > display > reset search engines
    04-15-13 12:07 AM
    Reset didn't fix still only have help foursquare maps and bbw? Also checked in phone settings

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:37 PM
    Never mind had to close search and reopen

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 12:38 PM
    I just re installed .85 back to my device from 10.1 SDK and had a 6MB update immediately from my carrier so wondering if that's what disabled my universal search

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 11:45 PM
    I just re installed .85 back to my device from 10.1 SDK and had a 6MB update immediately from my carrier so wondering if that's what disabled my universal search

Posted via CB10
    Almost positive you could even youtube search from there. But at least I got my google search from screen back.

Thanks @ nah.uhh
    04-23-13 08:40 AM
    Almost positive you could even youtube search from there. But at least I got my google search from screen back.

Thanks @ nah.uhh
    Nah, I don't think you could. To add it back you'll have to go to the desktop version of YouTube.
    04-23-13 04:37 PM
    Universal Search - Youtube, Google (extended search)?-img_00000020.png
    These are all I can find.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:55 PM
    Having the same issue, mine were all there. I got the search engines like Google back, but I thought you tube and a few more were there.
    05-12-13 07:55 AM
    It's there in the latest leek just tested

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:00 AM
    If what you are searching for is on your device, it will only use what's there. If it is not on your device, it will then go to the extended search and use other options.

Universal Search - Youtube, Google (extended search)?-img_00000178.png

Posted via CB10
    05-12-13 08:15 AM
    If you are using Verizon I think they got rid of it. My brother (zehkaiser on here) was complaining about the search not having a Google option when my Verizon Z10 on docomo had it. My phone has never touched verizon's network so I wad still running launch OS when he had the verizon update. I have Google in the latest leak though.

Auto Corrected by my Z10 via CB10
    05-12-13 08:52 AM