Just as my title says...my universal search function does not work. Can anyone help? Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 10:37 PM
    Did you try a restart?

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-11-13 10:44 PM
    I had the same problem and posted on another thread. Just tried a restart and problem solved. Guess there is a lesson there.
    03-11-13 10:51 PM
    Universal search is working fine on the Z10.

If yours isn't, try a restart.
    03-11-13 11:01 PM
    Thanks, will try and update

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:06 PM
    Thanks it worked. I tried calling Rogers tech support and they said that they have limited training on the Z10 and are to make sure that it is not a Rogers problem. Then she offered me a paid tech support option by Rogers. When asked for BlackBerry support number she said they would charge even though the phone is just bought. Anyone know about any of this?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:14 PM
    Thanks it worked. I tried calling Rogers tech support and they said that they have limited training on the Z10 and are to make sure that it is not a Rogers problem. Then she offered me a paid tech support option by Rogers. When asked for BlackBerry support number she said they would charge even though the phone is just bought. Anyone know about any of this?

Posted via CB10
    I am in the America but have never paid for BlackBerry support...that is a new one on me.
    03-12-13 12:16 AM
    I jus realised I haven't been using the universal search, tested out. Found out that it didn't work, tried several restarts. Still didn't work.

I tried doing the following:
    - search for a contact by typing the name, no results found

Am I doing it wrong?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 12:29 AM
    I jus realised I haven't been using the universal search, tested out. Found out that it didn't work, tried several restarts. Still didn't work.

I tried doing the following:
    - search for a contact by typing the name, no results found

Am I doing it wrong?

Posted via CB10
    where are you going to go into universal search? home screen middle button?
    03-12-13 01:14 AM
    BlackBerry support is a paid service by default. Only exception is if it's a bug they can't fix or they determine your issue is a hardware fault.

The reason most north Americans don't have to be paid to get transferred, is because the carriers have support contracts and are basically paying on your behalf.

I think Rogers is one of the few carriers where they handle their own BlackBerry tech support and don't pass customers onto BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 01:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes it is true. Most of the times you would have to pay to speak to a BlackBerry tech support agent. I was about to pay when i called for my 9900 but they told me as a 1 time thing they would waive it. Not sure if they stopped it now.

"BlackBerry Incident-Based Support for smartphone users – $49 USD

BlackBerry smartphone users can receive support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for any issues relating to BlackBerry� Internet Service, smartphone functionality and approved smartphone applications at a cost of $49 USD per incident.
    What's needed to receive BlackBerry Incident-Based Support?

To receive BlackBerry Incident-Based Support, be prepared to provide the following:

Full mailing address
    Phone number
    Email address
    Credit card information
    The name of your wireless service provided (BlackBerry smartphone support only)
    BlackBerry smartphone PIN
    To find your BlackBerry smartphone PIN, on the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon. Depending on your smartphone OS, click Device > Device and Status Information or click Status."

BlackBerry Incident Based Support - Canada
    03-12-13 01:29 AM
    Can't complain about Rogers tech support for BBRY - They've always been very helpful to me whenever I had an issue.
    03-12-13 01:30 AM
    where are you going to go into universal search? home screen middle button?
    yes correct. but now it just works magically. weird
    03-12-13 05:11 AM
    So to understand I am stuck with a bill if I had a problem with my Z10. As the lady at Rogers told me they are not very familiar with the Z10?
    I had a problem with my PlayBook once and BlackBerry customer service helped me without charge as it was within the 90 day period if I am not mistaken. Doesn't the BlackBerry 10 have the same support?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:42 PM
    I had a problem with universal search a week go... I noticed it after the update. It wouldn't search my contacts. I restarted and it still didn't work. Then did a battery pull and it worked!

Posted via CB10
    03-12-13 03:57 PM
    I've lost any options for web searches through the universal search. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on Rogers and it seems to have been totally random, don't even have an option in the search settings menu to enable it for some reason. Yes, have tried restarts etc. And not interested in the old solve-it-all suggestion to wipe and start from scratch.
    03-30-13 02:41 PM
    I've lost any options for web searches through the universal search. Anyone else have this issue? I'm on Rogers and it seems to have been totally random, don't even have an option in the search settings menu to enable it for some reason. Yes, have tried restarts etc. And not interested in the old solve-it-all suggestion to wipe and start from scratch.
    Go here settings>search

Universal search not working-img_00000116.png
    Universal search not working-img_00000117.png
    Universal search not working-img_00000118.png

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 03:28 PM
    Go here settings>search

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000116.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	145469

Name:	IMG_00000117.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	145470

Name:	IMG_00000118.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	145471

Posted via CB10
    Oh no, believe me - I've tried - that's where things have disappeared from. Like entirely gone, don't even appear on that screen anymore. Even Foursquare has disappeared off my device in the last day or two, I only have Help, Maps and Blackberry World as options - nothing else.
    04-01-13 09:27 PM
    Ok so I seem to have found a fix for the issue just messing around with the device myself. Doesn't really make sense why the options had disappeared from the main Settings and Search menu, but it works so I'm happy for now. I went into the browser, into the settings menu within the browser and to the Display and Actions tab. Straight to the bottom is a button for 'Reset Search Engines' - clicked on this and it has made the options for Google, Bing and Yahoo reappear both within the Search menu of the Settings page, as well the tabs for these searches within the Universal Search.
    04-01-13 10:24 PM
    yah that's weird. glad you found the fix. I am sure someone else down the road will be looking for it.
    04-02-13 01:30 AM
    Hi Friends.. I use 9930 Verizone unlocked phone.. I recently upgraded to version 7.1 from 7.0.. Guess what- the universal search does not work. whenever I type anything there, the circle in the search box keeps rotating n nothing happens. I rebooted the system multiple times but nothing hapenned. I have universal search as the default search option.... Please advise- I loved my phone because of universal search option , however it is not working now.... Please reply soon
    06-06-13 02:51 AM