I do admit that my rotation is a huge pain. Sometimes it won't even rotate back to normal. Then I have to put the rotation lock on to force it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Strange, I have been testing these "findings" out as they have been explained. The only way my Z10 will not rotate is upside down. I wouldn't think anything of it except my playbook rotates all the way, making charging while reading easy. The rest of the stuff I wont comment on, its been dealt with to my satisfaction.
    04-23-13 08:11 PM
    Do you think your friend appreciates her number being shown to the world? Nice that we can do that but you have to think of her.
    Why? She seems like a nice girl, jk
    04-23-13 08:15 PM
    Unforgivable Flaws/Bugs on the Z10 (IMHO)-3344651967_128675536574698229_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-23-13 08:18 PM
    I'm not looking to argue here so I'll try to be helpful. If you enter the contacts app, go to the desired contact and go to the activity tab, it shoes you a lot of recent interactions between yourself and that contact, ie emails, calls, text, events.

I personally call people from a text message simply by tapping their name at the top then the number I wish to call. There is no button to press or hold to call them directly like you mentioned, because if it had such a thing there would be a pop up asking which number you'd like to call, so the way it is now is exactly the same.

My screen takes not even a second to rotate. If I go nuts messing around, or at certain angles it will get caught in two minds but for the most part it works very fast. Maybe a reboot would help you, or perhaps a future update will.

Searching from the homescreen is efficient. It gives you texts, events, contacts, emails, etc, and you can expand each section to see more.

Hope I've helped!
    04-23-13 08:33 PM
    I'm siding with jaygere in spirit because I feel Blackberry (and Microsoft-- my other, other phone the Lumia 920) omitted very basic, helpful features that even my iPhone 3Gs has.

I agree with the term 'unforgivable' because to me there are just certain features that all phones should have, and to neglect to include them seems no like a conscious choice, but rather a misunderstanding of the phone culture and how people intend to use their devices. Like a car without a turn indicator. Sure, you don't need it to turn the vehicle, but it's standard fare... it's the norm'... and what logic would cause the omission of such a thing anyhow? To me it would seem like an error, and misunderstanding, an unforgivable oversight; i.e. it SHOULD be there.

I really want BBRY to keep up the efforts, but lets keep it honest and keep in mind that if other phones have these features, why shouldn't BBRY?
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 08:48 PM
    I cant see how anything that could possibly be financially/legally catastrophic (Legal form of notification or proof of communication on said date) could ever "gain notoriety" As the OP stated, these "flaws" are legitimate and valid. As a contractor, it usually takes me more than thirty day to complete a home from the ground up. IF you request a change/addition to your home and it is has not been documented in print proir to the thirty day time period, I could (hypothetically) be out of several thousands of dollars should the customer have a change of heart at the time of a draw or closing. This factor alone has kept me from coming back to BlackBerry. The OP has mentioned several valid and legitimate points and I feel BlackBerry should address the "issues" as well. I have owned several (Curve, Storms, Bolds, Torch) BlackBerrys and I WILL return again, but not with the current issues and flaws that have yet to rectified. As with a new car or anything else sold as "new" or "just released", I will take my time and let the other consumers deal the normal idiosyncrasies or bugs that arise when most brand new products are released. At this point, not being able to save mail longer than 30 days is a hinderance, not something I forsee gaining notoriety.
    04-23-13 08:55 PM
    this thread just wasting my bandwith

CB10 user Z10 abuser
    04-23-13 08:55 PM
    1) Emails appear zoomed in and for some emails you can't zoom out far enough to view everything.

2) Laggy when you zoom in on the browser and scroll.

3) When zoomed in there is no "resistance" to keep it from scrolling left and right when I'm only trying to scroll up or down. (see how iOS does this: zoom in to a block of text/paragraph, scroll with your thumb up/down)

4) Might be my eye but the font rendering and consistency isn't up to par with iOS. Changing the default font size has some vast inconsistencies (some text are HUGE and others are illegible)
    04-23-13 09:15 PM
    Anyways, I hope I gave you some answers to the current OS usage or hope for the 10.1 OS
    I have been hoping to see these features added with this OS update. I have been waiting for these issues to be addressed and the Q10 to become available in the states. Guess its time for me to start making visits to my carrier's store and hoping for the release date to be announced ...SOON! Thanks to you (and many others) who have aleviated my concerns about returning to BlackBerry sooner rather than later.
    04-23-13 09:17 PM
    TL;DFR.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:17 PM
    Agree with OP 100%, how the **** can you not call the person you are texting?
    04-23-13 09:20 PM
    has anyone asked for tutorials for those of us who need to be shown all this for the first time in a nice safe way?
    04-23-13 09:25 PM
    Tap the top bar of the conversation....tap the # if you want to call, or tap an email address if you want to email, or tap the facebook if you want to send a facedbook message. or whatever else there is in reference to that contact.
    04-23-13 09:54 PM
    has anyone asked for tutorials for those of us who need to be shown all this for the first time in a nice safe way?
    There are videos on the Blackberry site... but most of it is just playing around with the phone.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 09:55 PM
    I'm siding with jaygere in spirit because I feel Blackberry (and Microsoft-- my other, other phone the Lumia 920) omitted very basic, helpful features that even my iPhone 3Gs has.

I agree with the term 'unforgivable' because to me there are just certain features that all phones should have, and to neglect to include them seems no like a conscious choice, but rather a misunderstanding of the phone culture and how people intend to use their devices. Like a car without a turn indicator. Sure, you don't need it to turn the vehicle, but it's standard fare... it's the norm'... and what logic would cause the omission of such a thing anyhow? To me it would seem like an error, and misunderstanding, an unforgivable oversight; i.e. it SHOULD be there.

I really want BBRY to keep up the efforts, but lets keep it honest and keep in mind that if other phones have these features, why shouldn't BBRY?
    You don't agree that the 920 also discludes "basic" functions? I migrated from a 920 and this Z10 is so much more capable in everything

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-23-13 09:59 PM
    Gosh I have called tons of time someone directly from an SMS chat! It's as easy as tapping his/her name. You sound like you are just posting to bash BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 10:21 PM
    To the OP...the only flaw was that your daddy didn't pull out in time.
    To the users agreeing with the OP...you aren't getting paid enough to waste precious moments of your life arguing false points.
    Every point made by the OP has been proven doable/easily rectified. No help was asked for.... No help was accepted. OP is either a troll or was too stupid to figure **** out on their own so they opted to just slag on the Z10 (which they more than likely don't own nor have ever used...anyone can take a pic of a Z10 and say it's their own).
    It's easy to fish out issues that the odd person has and make them your own...it takes someone profoundly stupid to continue the charade after each and every one of the issues originally pointed out were proven wrong by actual owners of the Z10.
    It's somewhat sad when a troll loses their cave.

Posted via CB with my BB10 Z10
    anon(4275744) and shnozwo like this.
    04-23-13 10:48 PM
    WTF people are liking the OP?

This thread should have been dismissed immediately. This is what happens when you let these threads linger..

There couldn't be more false than this.

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    04-23-13 11:20 PM
    IMHO, if you have to complain so much about the device, switch to something else. Many users are affected by the changes in certain aspects of BB10 in comparison to BBOS but some of us choose to move forward instead of stalling and complaining. I'm a hard core physical keypad user and I've adapted to the Z10's touch keyboard perfectly. I love it! My Outlook Web Access mail isn't configured through BIS anymore, my workplace doesn't use active sync and up to now I never complained about anything. primarily because it makes very little or no sense to complain about something that's not going to change. If you decide to get BlackBerry 10, do your homework first.

- ill/high on meds user.
    Gnite

Posted via CB10
    HedoBum likes this.
    04-23-13 11:30 PM
    Nothing is unforgivable on a phone. Haha

Iphone and androids all have their own issues but people still buy them haha.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 11:34 PM
    All Z10 Lovers,

The OS is new, but I think its quite intuitive. Lets give BB sometime to make it better. IOS and Android have had a 5 years headstart, lets give BB a year atleast.

When I use my ipad, I have begun pushing the screen to close, rather than the home button - I guess that shows which OS is more intuitive. I have never been a BB fan boy, but just stating facts here.

Lastly - Need some help. I get a lot of calls from new numbers in my job and need to send texts from the call log - The BB10 doesnt support that simple feature. I need to copy paste the number onto a blank sms compose screen.

Can someone please confirm if there is a way around / simpler way to sms new numbers from the call log.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-24-13 12:32 AM
    Jeez some people get awfully aggressive when someone has an opinion they don't agree with don't they.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:36 AM
    All Z10 Lovers,

The OS is new, but I think its quite intuitive. Lets give BB sometime to make it better. IOS and Android have had a 5 years headstart, lets give BB a year atleast.

When I use my ipad, I have begun pushing the screen to close, rather than the home button - I guess that shows which OS is more intuitive. I have never been a BB fan boy, but just stating facts here.

Lastly - Need some help. I get a lot of calls from new numbers in my job and need to send texts from the call log - The BB10 doesnt support that simple feature. I need to copy paste the number onto a blank sms compose screen.

Can someone please confirm if there is a way around / simpler way to sms new numbers from the call log.
    These days anything that takes more than one action is too much, but if you have the time to do so, it's one hold(to bring the options from the right) and 2 taps(go to contact, then text), and you're texting away, unless you don't have the number saved. But I guess if it's numbers from work, it wouldn't be an issue to save them the one time right?

Hope it helps.
    04-24-13 12:47 AM
    I called BlackBerry tech support's toll free number and reported some oddball behavior with sync between BB10 active sync and MS server 2010. Based on what the technician said, many other Z10 users have also reported similar issues. For instance, my categories in Outlook no longer have an equivalent field in BB10 contacts to latch on to, so they keep dropping out from their respective category in Outlook after I view or edit them on my Z10. This worked perfectly on my Bold 9900. Since I have over 1200 clients entered in my contact list, it is imperative that I continue to categorize my contacts.

Also, my BlackBerry Travel details used to insert themselves into my default calendar on my Bold9900, now they they land in what's called the local calendar and in turn I can no longer sync them with my Z10's default calendar (active sync calendar) and in turn with my MS Outlook via my active sync setup.
    In a nutshell, BlackBerry Tech Support told me that corrections were being developed/tested and due for release in mid May. They confirmed that they did log my issues. Maybe these will be corrected with the release of version 10.1 update.

Anyone else have a similar issues or advice.

Posted in CB via my Z10
    04-24-13 12:48 AM
    These days anything that takes more than one action is too much, but if you have the time to do so, it's one hold(to bring the options from the right) and 2 taps(go to contact, then text), and you're texting away, unless you don't have the number saved. But I guess if it's numbers from work, it wouldn't be an issue to save them the one time right?

Hope it helps.
    Thank you Kidmac13. The issue I have is with unsaved numbers. The BB7 had the feature but BB10 seems to have missed that. Hope they correct it in the update...Hope they notice this issue !
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-24-13 01:06 AM
189 ... 45678