I do admit that my rotation is a huge pain. Sometimes it won't even rotate back to normal. Then I have to put the rotation lock on to force it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    If you are in an app minimise to active frame then maximise again to force the rotation

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:13 AM
    A lot of people here to whine or abuse without contributing
    The op has made his points and some of them are valid, and we have addressed them. Let him respond without having to go through all your puerile abuse please.
    God these forums need a kiddy corner where people can just go and abuse each other

Posted via CB10
    m1a1mg, Cracktere and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-24-13 01:19 AM
    I have had my z10 for 4 days and I'm getting used to it. I do have to say unlike android forums any time some one mentions an issue one is having you get, 20 comments saying "That never happens to me or you don't really own a Blackberry " I came from a Galaxy s3, must say I miss it but it also had issues. I really hope things get fixed on all issues mentioned. I owned 2 Blackberry before (8530/9930) and could say I didn't miss the random restarts. It's happened already 3 times, and phone froze today after sending text and eventually restarted. I hope this gets fixed soon, I will hang around until December, in hopes it improves otherwise I will swith to the latest and greatest android. To end I will say on Android forums people would voice issues and people would join to help find solution, don't really recall comments saying "I don't think you really own an android Phone"

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 and Robert Pepe like this.
    04-24-13 01:21 AM
    Do you think your friend appreciates her number being shown to the world? Nice that we can do that but you have to think of her.
    Lol way to many digits. I'm not calling that and it seems like international.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:43 AM
    This guy doesn't even seem to have gone through the "Getting Started" bit. He (or she) also don't seem to have started others mentioning other "Fatal Flaws" in the z10. Seems a failure all around.
    The only partly true thing mentioned was about the lag--less than 4 seconds in my experience--in changing orientation. I don't find it to be a flaw. One of the many things that drove me bats about my old android was a 10 degree shift would change it from portrait to landscape or vice versa. I don't miss it. It's entirely possible I spend less time fighting that particular inconvenience.
    And I picked up a whole lot of security. What's to complain about?
    To each their own.
    Much luck to you in your happy future. Maybe a nice iPhone. But, somehow, I doubt you'll find all its features, either.
    I agree with all the others about closing this thread.
    I peeked in by mistake, and stayed for a laugh.
    04-24-13 02:10 AM
    Come on guys, you're not doing the BlackBerry community any favours by getting so aggressive about one guys post. I agree with some of the things you're saying and some the OP said, but the way in which people are straight up refusing to acknowledge any of the problems the Z10 has is just embarrassing. I can't be bothered to get into the numerous specifics people have mentioned but the screen rotation thing, i find it slower than other phones I've used, and a lot of the reviews I've read raise the issue too. It's not a massive problem by any means, i'm just saying it has been mentioned by more people than just the OP. And the calling a number which hasn't already been saved or not seeing your calls in the universal search are not just made up things by the OP, they do exist. I don't personally care about them, they don't bother me, but saying the OP has just made up a load of stuff and responding by getting unbelievably angry is ridiculous.
    Crackberry people, you're better than this.

Posted via CB10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-24-13 02:24 AM
    TO all those who have posted against the aggression in comments I agree it serves little purpose and provides little content to the community as a whole. Furthermore we are all entitled to our own opinions some may differ but an opinion cannot be wrong, only misinformed.

As a fan boy of the mighty BB i would say that there have been some minor glitches for me going to the Z10. The device in my opinion is quite stable and highly functional. Yes, I have had some random restarts but I am not to fussed by that as this seems to be under control the OS has frozen on two occasions but to be honest my brain moves faster than my hands so often i move to quickly even my beloved mac at home freezes.

Now lets look at the greater picture....

Those with windows PC's are sure to have had the dreaded blue screen of death did you take your PC's back to the store? No you rebooted and moved on. Did you argue that it should not have happened probably did MS care probably not and they have had over 20 years to get that sorted out haven't they?

My MAC suffered from the dreaded beach ball of death what did i do upgraded the memory wow that was a shocker of a price and when I realized that after upgrading the OS some of my apps would no longer work what did I do. Well i made do without them or replaced them with up to date versions. Did i take the Mac back no I waited for a fix or worked on my own you could call it a work around...

In summation its technology its new it will never be perfect first time right out of the box and to be honest i wouldn't want it to! Why, because if that was the case engineers would not be pushing a device to its limits (its my opinion).

So is the Z10 unforgivably flawed in my opinion no it will get tweaked just like my PB did when it went to OS2.0+. Is the Z10 a piece of S**T goodness no. I'm proud to own it I love the OS and I love the fact that i don't have to go through 7 steps just to close an application. I love the fact that it works and I love the fact that BB has bounced back.

If you want perfection keep dreaming when the last iOS came out the map system was so bad that people were lost 45 mins in the opposite direction.

And seriously how important is screen rotation so you are saying that you don't have 1/100th of a second to spare? if you have time to post an essay on here you can wait the pico second. the Battery percentage fair point and i believe it is noted, the thirty day email is a little on the fence some want it others don't to be honest i don't want three hundred emails sitting on my phone. If it is dealt with i don't need to worry about it and can easily access it from my MAC or through the web on the Z10 or Playbook.

SO lets just take a minute and thanks the engineers, designers and programmers who spent countless hours under stressful conditions to give us a new toy. Maybe i should start a thread Thanks BlackBerry We Appreciate all of your Hard Work.

Actually I will. UPDATE**** I DID, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT HERE

as always

All the best keep rocking the BB

CO
    Last edited by CRACKBERRY_OZ; 04-24-13 at 04:44 AM.
    04-24-13 03:24 AM
    I'm wondering how those bashing the OP for the 10 or so suggested problems he is having with his Z10, would feel about this list of 55 (and counting) Documented Bugs and Dropped Features on the Z10?!? So no, we're not looking for perfection. But a phone that comes out of the box with 30some bugs and 20some intuitive features missing from it's predecessor is hardly deserving of my admiration. Oh, and for those of you who will argue that they will be resolved in the upcoming OS update, only 4 or so of these bugs have been addressed if the leaked OS 10.1 is anything to judge by.

1. Cannot paste a number in the dial-pad. (Dropped Feature) (Meanwhile, you can use Flow Dialer)
    2. BBM does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
    3. BBM 'Copy' option can only copy entire message. (Bug)
    4. Browser does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
    5. Discrepancy between Call list and Activity list. (Bug)
    6. Activity list does not include time of call if the call was not made today. (Bug)
    7. When opening an unread SMS/BBM, the default setting for the keypad should be off. (Counterintuitive)
    8. The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message. (Bug)
    9. Cannot send an SMS directly from contacts tab (not contacts app). (Dropped Feature)
    10. Cannot SMS a number from received calls or hub without adding it to the contact list. (Dropped Feature)
    11. Cannot edit a contact directly from the dialled list. (Counterintuitive)
    12. There is no option to delete a single user's bbm conversations history. You can only delete ALL bbm history. (Dropped Feature)
    13. No alarm option in Remember. (Counterintuitive)
    14. Text selection and moving the cursor are confusing. (Counterintuitive)
    15. Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing. (Counterintuitive)
    16. No visual signifier for refreshing. (Counterintuitive)
    17. Keypad hides the options. (Counterintuitive)
    18. When attempting to select text while the circle is visible, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
    19. When pasting text, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
    20. Very slow shifting between 'Missed' and 'All' calls. (Bug)
    21. Random restarts. (Bug)
    22. Lingering red-stars in the hub, even when there is nothing unread. (Bug)
    23. BBMs started from the hub don't appear in the BBM app. (Bug)
    24. App features vary depending on where you open them. (Bug)
    25. While using BB Maps navigation, making or receiving a phone call conceals the map. (Counterintuitive)
    26. Duplicate and triplicate contacts. (Bug)
    27. Blank black screen (sometimes followed by white screen) preceding System Settings screen. (Bug)
    28. BBM update notifications should not apply to your own updates. (Bug)
    29. No 'Search' feature inside the 'Remember' app. (Counterintuitive)
    30. Gmail Calendar posting lags. (Bug)
    31. 30 day email (Dropped Feature)
    32. After selected text is highlighted in blue, if you do not remove your finger before the keyboard shifts downwards you lose your selection. (Bug)
    33. If you minimise the 'Docs' app while editing and you tap compose to send an email/SMS, any text typed will appear in the document you have minimised in the 'Docs' app. That is unless you reposition the cursor in the window you are in by tapping inside it. (Bug)
    34. When renaming the default 'Contacts' category in BBM, the name change is not applied. (Bug)
    35. Linked contacts unlink after restoring from backup. (Bug)
    36. Random device lockups that require a restart. (Bug)
    37. Rotation lock does not work in landscape mode. (Bug)
    38. When listening to music while the screen has timed out or is locked and you press and hold one of the volume buttons to skip the song there is a 3 second lag as opposed to a 1 second lag if the screen in on. (Bug)
    39. 3 rows of emoticons hidden in between the 2 pages of emoticons. (Bug)
    40. Dialling app should be an 'Always On' app like the HUB. (Dropped Feature)
    41. Dialling from SMSs is inconsistent. Works for some contacts but not others. (Bug)
    42. BBMs are viewable in landscape mode in the hub, but not in the app. (Bug)
    43. Loading external images in an email, occasionally take you back to the hub. (Bug)
    44. When the screen rotates, the cursor position is lost. (Bug)
    45. If you dismiss a missed call, calling the number does not mark it as viewed in the hub. (Bug) (Workaround- You can open the Phone app and the notification will disappear)
    46. If you delete a missed call from the hub, the next time you receive a missed call from that number, it will tell you that you have two missed calls even though you will only have one in the hub. (Bug)
    47. When composing an SMS you don't see the conversation history for that contact until you send the SMS. (Bug)
    48. You can copy a phone number from the hub, but you can't paste it anywhere. (Bug)
    49. Voice Control keeps listening and working after hitting lock button. (Bug)
    50. Proximity sensor should activate only after a call is answered. (Bug)
    51. Cannot paste in password field (Bug)
    52. Call entries shown in the Hub (not the phone app) continue to appear as phone numbers after that number has been saved to a contact. (Bug)
    53. Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number. (Bug)
    54. Search function in HUB does not find Text Messages if you search by contact name or phone number. (Bug)
    55. Long tapping on a Text Message in the Hub, and tapping 'Call' in the side menu, opens the Phone app and does nothing. (Bug)

If you are a true BB fan, the right thing to do would be to make sure that BB understand that these are bugs that need to be addressed or features that we would like back.

If you would like to add to the list, you can do so here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post8290932
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-24-13 05:26 AM
    De-bunking the so-called Bugs..

1. Cannot paste a number in the dial-pad. (Dropped Feature) (Meanwhile, you can use Flow Dialer)
      Not a bug. It's a feature request. Addressed in 10.1

2. BBM does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
      BBM recognizes phone numbers. I just tried and made a call.

3. BBM 'Copy' option can only copy entire message. (Bug)
      50/50 because you can copy the message.

4. Browser does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)
      Browser recognizes number. I just tried and made a call. In phone settings, you can input Smart Dial Country code to help. But I use a web directory and I always make calls from the browser.

5. Discrepancy between Call list and Activity list. (Bug)
      Mine is same. No discrepancy

6. Activity list does not include time of call if the call was not made today. (Bug)
      This is design choice and not a bug. Today's activity shows the time, previous activities show the date which is more important. Since the activity is already sorted as per time you can judge for yourself unless you want to conduct an FBI investigation for which you need to enter the Phone app and all details are available.

7. When opening an unread SMS/BBM, the default setting for the keypad should be off. (Counterintuitive)
      Again design choice. SMS does not open keypad. BBM opens keypad because it's instant messaging so it's assumed that you will read the last 1-2 messages and reply. Imagine a chat with 2-3 ppl.. every time you switch you will have to open the keypad.

When opening a message you wan
    8. The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message. (Bug)
      Design choice. Send key is more useful than enter key in instant messaging and short messaging. Not a bug. Feature request.

9. Cannot send an SMS directly from contacts tab (not contacts app). (Dropped Feature)
      Long press contact, hit view call details and all additional options are available.

10. Cannot SMS a number from received calls or hub without adding it to the contact list. (Dropped Feature)
      Long press contact, hit view call details and all additional options are available.

11. Cannot edit a contact directly from the dialled list. (Counterintuitive)
      View Contact and Edit.

12. There is no option to delete a single user's bbm conversations history. You can only delete ALL bbm history. (Dropped Feature)
      Blah.

13. No alarm option in Remember. (Counterintuitive)
      If you need alarm you should set a calendar entry and share to remember.

14. Text selection and moving the cursor are confusing. (Counterintuitive)
      NO IT'S NOT

15. Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing. (Counterintuitive)
      Nothing extreme nor annoying.

16. No visual signifier for refreshing. (Counterintuitive)
      So legacy black clock should be reintroduced?

17. Keypad hides the options. (Counterintuitive)
      For maximum screen space. Once you know the option, you don't always need to see them.

18. When attempting to select text while the circle is visible, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
      Try not to operate your phone when on SPEED.

19. When pasting text, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
      Bug LoL

20. Very slow shifting between 'Missed' and 'All' calls. (Bug)
      Sorted in 10.1

21. Random restarts. (Bug)
      No restarts in over a month.. You might have a faulty SIM card. Have you tried with a new SIM card?

22. Lingering red-stars in the hub, even when there is nothing unread. (Bug)
      Bug

23. BBMs started from the hub don't appear in the BBM app. (Bug)
      They do. I just tried this and it works.

24. App features vary depending on where you open them. (Bug)
      What kind of a bug is this?

25. While using BB Maps navigation, making or receiving a phone call conceals the map. (Counterintuitive)
      Swipe up the phone app and return to navigation. You should not be talking on phone and operating maps. Priority to phone.

26. Duplicate and triplicate contacts. (Bug)
      Poor contact setup by user. Not a single double contact for me totalling 6 accounts.

27. Blank black screen (sometimes followed by white screen) preceding System Settings screen. (Bug)
      Black screen is called splash screen and has BlackBerry logo on it. This is to give refresh time to load all system wide updated information.

28. BBM update notifications should not apply to your own updates. (Bug)
      It does not unless you have self added your own contact. I updated my account to check and did not receive any notification.

29. No 'Search' feature inside the 'Remember' app. (Counterintuitive)
      Use universal search and select remember from top left menu

30. Gmail Calendar posting lags. (Bug)
      Gmail is pathetic. Gmail is a Bug!

31. 30 day email (Dropped Feature)
      Updated in 10.1

32. After selected text is highlighted in blue, if you do not remove your finger before the keyboard shifts downwards you lose your selection. (Bug)
      Never faced problems in selecting if you do it correctly.

33. If you minimise the 'Docs' app while editing and you tap compose to send an email/SMS, any text typed will appear in the document you have minimised in the 'Docs' app. That is unless you reposition the cursor in the window you are in by tapping inside it. (Bug)
      Bug.

34. When renaming the default 'Contacts' category in BBM, the name change is not applied. (Bug)
      I do not have the option to rename default contacts category.

35. Linked contacts unlink after restoring from backup. (Bug)
      Obviously. They are from third party accounts. This is not a Bug. Contacts lose the link even in Android.

36. Random device lockups that require a restart. (Bug)
      None till date. I would blame it on faulty media cards and faulty SIM cards.

37. Rotation lock does not work in landscape mode. (Bug)
      Because system is designed in portrait. How can you lock rotation when device is already rotated?

38. When listening to music while the screen has timed out or is locked and you press and hold one of the volume buttons to skip the song there is a 3 second lag as opposed to a 1 second lag if the screen in on. (Bug)
      It's not a bug. It's to prevent accidental key press.

39. 3 rows of emoticons hidden in between the 2 pages of emoticons. (Bug)
      You only miss it if you flick it like crazy to the end.

40. Dialling app should be an 'Always On' app like the HUB. (Dropped Feature)
      Why should it be? It's always available at the bottom. If you mean loading time, that's addressed in 10.1

41. Dialling from SMSs is inconsistent. Works for some contacts but not others. (Bug)
      Works on all contacts and non contacts

42. BBMs are viewable in landscape mode in the hub, but not in the app. (Bug)
      Because hub is landscape enabled and BBM APP is locked to portrait. Not really a bug. Who even uses this phone in landscape? All you see is the keyboard and the header

43. Loading external images in an email, occasionally take you back to the hub. (Bug)
      Never faced this

44. When the screen rotates, the cursor position is lost. (Bug)
      Blah

45. If you dismiss a missed call, calling the number does not mark it as viewed in the hub. (Bug) (Workaround- You can open the Phone app and the notification will disappear)
      Bug.

46. If you delete a missed call from the hub, the next time you receive a missed call from that number, it will tell you that you have two missed calls even though you will only have one in the hub. (Bug)
      Never faced this

47. When composing an SMS you don't see the conversation history for that contact until you send the SMS. (Bug)
      It's to enable quick reply. If you want to see the history then goto the message and reply, WHY you creating NEW message?

48. You can copy a phone number from the hub, but you can't paste it anywhere. (Bug)
      Resolved in 10.1

49. Voice Control keeps listening and working after hitting lock button. (Bug)
      Top key is basically standby not lock. And is this a good thing?

50. Proximity sensor should activate only after a call is answered. (Bug)
      What if you ignore the call and place your phone in the pocket. That would make sense because the sensor would disable the screen.

51. Cannot paste in password field (Bug)
      Password protection.

52. Call entries shown in the Hub (not the phone app) continue to appear as phone numbers after that number has been saved to a contact. (Bug)
      Just tried.. Mine get updated immediately.

53. Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number. (Bug)
      I save all contacts with country code and it always shows the contact correctly.

54. Search function in HUB does not find Text Messages if you search by contact name or phone number. (Bug)
      Enter text messages in Hub and search.

55. Long tapping on a Text Message in the Hub, and tapping 'Call' in the side menu, opens the Phone app and does nothing. (Bug)
      It makes a call for me.

If you are a true BB fan, the right thing to do would be to make sure that BB understand that these are bugs that need to be addressed or features that we would like back.

If you would like to add to the list, you can do so here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...2/#post8290932

Please read my response to each entry posted above. Hardly any bugs. This is why I love the Z10.. works for me.

Posted via CB10 on BB10 on Z10 in Red Transform Shell
    Last edited by CB10User; 04-25-13 at 08:03 AM.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-24-13 09:12 AM
    The high end newer android phones all do that too. But as a bonus in can be watching a flick and answer a quick text without flicking to back...
    This phone is different. Everything is pit in tbe back till you want to bring it up again. Not sure most will care about how it keeps it running for us. I dont

Posted via CB10
    That's cool but not all of them can, and my gf has Aye driod da. In my opinion bb10 is still a better multitasking os then android, in so many ways, androids all coded gimmicks meant to catch a user with a small attention span, people praise a 5+ inch screen, hate in anything smaller but then brag then can make there screen 2.5+ inch to run 2 apps at the same time. BB10 on the other just does it without being coded to because it's part of the underlying os, bb10 could easily run 2 apps side by side, really any os could. Samsung just the only oem who thinks it's everything but a gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:19 AM
    The z10 does have bugs. But nothing game breaking.
    I don't like how my time zone screws up birthday information in contacts. That is poor by BlackBerry
    Overall the phone does well

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 09:21 AM
    I see an issue that when I tap an item in the hub the screen brightness goes down and then either openes whatever item I clicked on or marks it read. It then returns to the set brightness level of the screen.

Wiped the phone but it had the latest version installed. As I'm a Mac user I can't fully wipe the phone and try again. My work machine has Windows XP running but I'm not allowed to install any 3rd party software on it... Hope this will change soon and that the Mac gets the ability to delete the OS off the phone as well.
    04-24-13 09:48 AM
    Please read my response to each entry posted above.

Hardly any bugs. This is why I love the Z10.. works for me.

So all those people are dreaming up these bugs and you have the magical z10. Must be nice.

Now seeing as I don't know you it could just be you accept sub par performance.

But since it works for you....

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:12 AM
    Yes I came from an S3 as well and I see your point but other forums, but having topic titles as they have, what is one to expect.

If the title was more of a "Can I get help ________" or "This is my issue at the moment... is there a fix___________" or something else rather than I hate my Z10 its going back.....dont you think that would be a little more geared towards the forum actually helping the OPs..

I have had my z10 for 4 days and I'm getting used to it. I do have to say unlike android forums any time some one mentions an issue one is having you get, 20 comments saying "That never happens to me or you don't really own a Blackberry " I came from a Galaxy s3, must say I miss it but it also had issues. I really hope things get fixed on all issues mentioned. I owned 2 Blackberry before (8530/9930) and could say I didn't miss the random restarts. It's happened already 3 times, and phone froze today after sending text and eventually restarted. I hope this gets fixed soon, I will hang around until December, in hopes it improves otherwise I will swith to the latest and greatest android. To end I will say on Android forums people would voice issues and people would join to help find solution, don't really recall comments saying "I don't think you really own an android Phone"

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:22 AM
    That's cool but not all of them can, and my gf has Aye driod da. In my opinion bb10 is still a better multitasking os then android, in so many ways, androids all coded gimmicks meant to catch a user with a small attention span, people praise a 5+ inch screen, hate in anything smaller but then brag then can make there screen 2.5+ inch to run 2 apps at the same time. BB10 on the other just does it without being coded to because it's part of the underlying os, bb10 could easily run 2 apps side by side, really any os could. Samsung just the only oem who thinks it's everything but a gimmick.

Posted via CB10
    It's nice to have a system that can do stuff. Nicer to have a company let yiu do it whe. You buy their stuff..
    Sure it'd great that it can run two apps side by side...but does it? who let's you? Does a company tell you how you can't run them side by side or do they give you the option when spending 600 on a machine? It's the little crap like this that bugs me. As for the OS itself...big deal. another one out to try and capture a market. Let's hope or we will all be in android today forums next year.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:28 AM
    there's always a learning curve with a new device. Be patient with it and with yourself.
    04-24-13 12:04 PM
    CB10 can you provide a website link where I can test if browser recognizes numbers. I haven't been successful in doing this whenever browsing and coming upon a listing I want to call. Honestly need to see what I'm doing wrong.

Side note: The random restarts are a documented bug by BlackBerry. That you aren't experiencing them doesn't mean the bug is not real and affecting certain users. Just saying...

Posted from my ZED10
    04-24-13 02:05 PM
    There's bugs in EVERY THING..

CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments

Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

CITRUS FRUIT JUICES, CANNED

Insects and insect eggs: 5 or more Drosophila and other fly eggs per 250 ml or 1 or more maggots per 250 ml

RED FISH AND OCEAN PERCH

Parasites: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more parasites accompanied by pus pockets

MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS

Insect filth: Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples
    04-24-13 02:55 PM
    I like and appreciate your thoughtful post. I am also waiting to "Love My Z10"... The items you listed should have been included before the release. You do not get a second chance to make a first impression!!
    04-24-13 03:21 PM
    Please read my response to each entry posted above.

Hardly any bugs. This is why I love the Z10.. works for me.

1.Cannot paste a number in the dial-pad. (Dropped Feature) (Meanwhile, you can use Flow Dialer)
    Not a bug. It's a feature request. Addressed in 10.1
    Did you bother to read between the parentheses?
    2.BBM does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)

BBM recognizes phone numbers. I just tried and made a call.
    Then count your blessings, with many others it doesn't
    3.BBM 'Copy' option can only copy entire message. (Bug)

50/50 because you can copy the message.
    There is nothing 50/50 here. You just repeated what I said.
    4.Browser does not recognise phone numbers. (Dropped Feature)

Browser recognizes number. I just tried and made a call.
    Once again count your blessings, with many others it doesn't
    5.Discrepancy between Call list and Activity list. (Bug)

Mine is same. No discrepancy
    Try this. Open a contact and tap on 'Activity'. Swipe up to minimise the contacts app (Don't close it). Then go to the Phone app and call that person. End the call and go back to your minimised contact. There will be no record of that call.
    6.Activity list does not include time of call if the call was not made today. (Bug)
    This is design choice not a bug. Since the activity is already sorted as per time.
    So, the phone was designed so that I'm unable to know when I received a call yesterday?
    7.When opening an unread SMS/BBM, the default setting for the keypad should be off. (Counterintuitive)

Again design choice. SMS does not open keypad. BBM opens keypad because it's instant messaging so it's assumed that you will read the last 1-2 message and reply. Imagine a chat with 2-3 ppl.. every time you switch you will have to open the keypad. When opening a message you wan
    I added the annotations in between parentheses for a reason by the way. Most people that receive a message would like to read it before responding.
    8.The 'Return' key disappears from the keypad when replying to a message. (Bug)
    Design choice. Send key is more useful than enter key in instant messaging and short messaging. Not a bug. Feature request.
    Return key is more useful because it served two purposes rather than one. Shift tap and it starts a new line. Tap once and it sends.
    9.Cannot send an SMS directly from contacts tab (not contacts app). (Dropped Feature)

Hit view call detail and all additional options are available.
    Please read carefully. I said 'directly' and 'from contacts tab'.
    10.Cannot SMS a number from received calls or hub without adding it to the contact list. (Dropped Feature)
    Hit view calls details and all additional options are available.
    You're clearly not reading the full sentence.
    11.Cannot edit a contact directly from the dialled list. (Counterintuitive)
    View contact and edit. Perfect
    Read carefully.
    12.There is no option to delete a single user's bbm conversations history. You can only delete ALL bbm history. (Dropped Feature)
    Blah.
    Is that fanboi lingo for, "I have nothing"?
    13.No alarm option in Remember. (Counterintuitive)

If you need alarm you should correctly set a calendar entry and share to remember.
    If you name an app 'Remember' then people will assume that this app will perhaps, help you 'REMEMBER' things.
    14.Text selection and moving the cursor are confusing. (Counterintuitive)

NO IT'S NOT
    Actually even BB have realised IT IS confusing. That's why they're enhancing it in 10.1
    15.Extremely annoying disappearing-reappearing keypad during text selection/editing. (Counterintuitive)
    Nothing extreme nor annoying.
    Please give me one logical reason for the keyboard to disappear during text selection.
    16.No visual signifier for refreshing. (Counterintuitive)

So legacy black clock should be reintroduced?
    A circular progress bar would do just fine or a screen reload. Since this feature doesn't always have visible results, the user needs something to signify that the phone is actually responding.
    17.Keypad hides the options. (Counterintuitive)

For maximum screen space
    Since the keypad is on by default, you do not know the options available to you at the outset.
    18.When attempting to select text while the circle is visible, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)

Try not to operate your phone when on SPEED.
    I tried it on crack but it still has the same effect. What are you on?
    19.When pasting text, the keypad disappears and the text window needlessly and annoyingly shifts downwards. (Bug)
    Bug lol
    Yes, it's a funny little bug!
    20.Very slow shifting between 'Missed' and 'All' calls. (Bug)

Sorted in 10.1
    Until then, it's a bug.
    21.Random restarts. (Bug)

No restarts in over a month..
    Hello. My name is Z10 and I haven't had a restart in a month…
    22.Lingering red-stars in the hub, even when there is nothing unread. (Bug)
    Bug
    Thank you!
    23.BBMs started from the hub don't appear in the BBM app. (Bug)

They do. I just tried this and it works.
    Please share a video to enlighten all of us how you managed that.
    24.App features vary depending on where you open them. (Bug)
    What kind of a bug is this?
    A BIG one! It applies to all apps accessible from the Hub and their counterparts outside the Hub.
    25.While using BB Maps navigation, making or receiving a phone call conceals the map. (Counterintuitive)
    Swipe up the phone app and return to navigation.
You should not be talking on phone and operating maps. Priority to phone.
    Even on bluetooth? Even if I'm navigating?
    26.Duplicate and triplicate contacts. (Bug)

Poor contact setup by user. Not a single double contact for me totalling 6 accounts.
    Make that userS. Seems like we've got tons of those dumb users on here.
    27.Blank black screen (sometimes followed by white screen) preceding System Settings screen. (Bug)
    Black screen is called splash screen and has BlackBerry logo on it. This is to give refresh time to load all system wide updated information.
    System Settings don't require refresh time and in turn no 'splash screen', since they don't change from when you saved them last.
    28.BBM update notifications should not apply to your own updates. (Bug)

It does not unless you have self added your own contact.
    Ooooh I've always wanted to do that!! How do I self add my own contact on BBM?!?!?
    29.No 'Search' feature inside the 'Remember' app. (Counterintuitive)
    Use universal search and select remember from top left menu
    So you think it makes sense that if I want to search in an app, I have to leave that app and search outside of it?
    30.Gmail Calendar posting lags. (Bug)

Gmail is pathetic
    I guess that resolves it.
    31.30 day email (Dropped Feature)

Updated in 10.1
    Until then, it is a limitation.
    32.After selected text is highlighted in blue, if you do not remove your finger before the keyboard shifts downwards you lose your selection. (Bug)

Never faced problems in selecting if you do it correctly.
    Harder we will try Master Yoda!
    33.If you minimise the 'Docs' app while editing and you tap compose to send an email/SMS, any text typed will appear in the document you have minimised in the 'Docs' app. That is unless you reposition the cursor in the window you are in by tapping inside it. (Bug)
    Finally 1 bug.
    Actually, by your count, it's 5.
    34.When renaming the default 'Contacts' category in BBM, the name change is not applied. (Bug)

Works on mine just tested.
    Please provide a screenshot.
    35.Linked contacts unlink after restoring from backup. (Bug)

Obviously.
    Obviously a bug?!
    36.Random device lockups that require a restart. (Bug)
    None till date.
    Once again consider yourself lucky.
    37.Rotation lock does not work in landscape mode. (Bug)

Because system is designed in portrait.
    Prozac wearing off.
    38.When listening to music while the screen has timed out or is locked and you press and hold one of the volume buttons to skip the song there is a 3 second lag as opposed to a 1 second lag if the screen in on. (Bug)

Both are same here.
    Lucky !@!$%*&&!
    39.3 rows of emoticons hidden in between the 2 pages of emoticons. (Bug)
    You only miss it if you flick it like crazy to the end.
    No one's talking about missing them. If you want people to flick you give them page dots. If you want them to scroll, you give them a SCROLL bar.
    40.Dialling app should be an 'Always On' app like the HUB. (Dropped Feature)
    Why should it be? It's always available at the bottom.
    'Always on' does not mean that it's always there. It means always running, meaning no load time. (After all this is a phone.)
    41.Dialling from SMSs is inconsistent. Works for some contacts but not others. (Bug)
    Works on all contacts and non contacts
    Maybe you have a super Z10.
    42.BBMs are viewable in landscape mode in the hub, but not in the app. (Bug)
    Because hub is landscape enabled and bbm is locked to portrait. Not really a bug.
    So I have to learn two ways of dealing with each app depending on where I open it.
    43.Loading external images in an email, occasionally take you back to the hub. (Bug)

Sent many attachments.. never happened.
    I don't liked squirrels either.
    44.When the screen rotates, the cursor position is lost. (Bug)

Blah
    Don't you mean "Baaa…Baaa"?
    45.If you dismiss a missed call, calling the number does not mark it as viewed in the hub. (Bug) (Workaround- You can open the Phone app and the notification will disappear)

Bug.
    6 by your count
    46.If you delete a missed call from the hub, the next time you receive a missed call from that number, it will tell you that you have two missed calls even though you will only have one in the hub. (Bug)
    Where did you go? That makes 7 by your count.
    47.When composing an SMS you don't see the conversation history for that contact until you send the SMS. (Bug)

It's to enable quick reply.
    You're blind support makes me laugh. Wouldn't you like to know what's been said earlier before responding.
    48.You can copy a phone number from the hub, but you can't paste it anywhere. (Bug)
    Resolved in 10.1
    That means it's not working now! 8
    49.Voice Control keeps listening and working after hitting lock button. (Bug)

Top key is basically standby not lock.
    No. In fact, it IS a screen lock. Thus the setting "Screen LOCK Timeout"
    50.Proximity sensor should activate only after a call is answered. (Bug)

What if you ignore the call and place your phone in the pocket. That would make sense.
    Do you know how a capacitive touch screen works?
    51.Cannot paste in password field (Bug)

Password protection.
    Right! That's why they're enabling this in 10.1!
    52.Call entries shown in the Hub (not the phone app) continue to appear as phone numbers after that number has been saved to a contact. (Bug)
    Mine get updated immediately.
    Not the ones you made before the contact was added.
    53.Caller ID does not show associated contact when country code is included in phone number. (Bug)
    I save all contacts with country code and it always shows the contact correctly.
    If you travel a lot, not all your contacts get added with the country code and the legacy BBs never had a problem identifying them.
    54.Search function in HUB does not find Text Messages if you search by contact name or phone number. (Bug)

Enter text messages in Hub and search. If hub searches everywhere then it will be universal search.
    What on earth are you talking about?!?
    55.Long tapping on a Text Message in the Hub, and tapping 'Call' in the side menu, opens the Phone app and does nothing. (Bug)

It makes a call for me.
    Judging by all your comments, it probably doesn't.
    04-24-13 04:30 PM
    make-a-call-after-hub-message-issue:

To call a contact from BBM chat:
    1. in list-view tap chat
    2. tap the avatar
    3. tap "open in contacts"
    4. tap a phone#

To call a contact from a text message chat:
    1. in list-view tap chat
    2. tap the avatar
    3. tap a phone#

To call a contact from an email chat:
    1. in list-view tap chat
    2. tap the avatar
    3. tap a phone#

To call a contact from a Twitter notification:
    1. in list-view tap chat
    2. tap the avatar
    3. tap a phone#

To call a contact from Whatsapp chat:
    not possible

To call a contact from a Facebook notification:
    not possible

To call a contact from a Linkedin notification:
    have not tried it yet.

What I mean to say is that it should be a lot easier/faster to call a contact from a chat.

It would be great if it was possible to:
    1. hold down the chat so menu shows up on the right WITH telephone icon
    2. tap the icon and select a phone#
    I think this is what Takmelius calls directly. At least, to me this would be directly enough.

The Dailing app should be available in the hub (list view).

I also have a hard time liking the Z10....
    Last edited by Niels B; 04-24-13 at 05:50 PM.
    Robert Pepe likes this.
    04-24-13 04:36 PM
    Lol so from a list of 55 bugs.. I have only 8 which are genuine bugs. Rest everything works proper on my phone.

Sad but that's the truth.

04-24-13 04:50 PM
    Lol so from a list of 55 bugs.. I have only 8 which are genuine bugs. Rest everything works proper on my phone.

Sad but that's the truth.

yes, but your experience is not everyone else's experience.
    Its already been established that some people clearly do not have the same troubles other people's devices have.

i'm lucky in my device is stable, but i have also seen with my own eyes things that happen on someone else's device that just doesnt happen with mine.
    If your device works, great, but that doesnt mean everyone's work
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-24-13 05:07 PM
    Please this is to whomever can help me.i can't access BlackBerry world the wheel keeps turning for a long time it never brings the applications what am I going to do?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:13 PM
    I use a Z10 version.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:14 PM
189 ... 5678