If you want galaxy note "fake coded" multitasking by one.

But with my z10 I can pay a youtube video or song, in the background whike I switch threw multiple apps. I can even open and record with my camera whike doing this. Actually the other day I was streaming dlna to my tv and got a bbm call from a buddy wanting to show off the video and screen share functionality. Needless to say I did without interrupting the movie.

I'm not sure if the g note can do that, but I know the iPhone and my LG thrill 3d can't.

Posted via CB10

The high end newer android phones all do that too. But as a bonus in can be watching a flick and answer a quick text without flicking to back...
    This phone is different. Everything is pit in tbe back till you want to bring it up again. Not sure most will care about how it keeps it running for us. I dont

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:44 PM
    Thanks. I still don't get an error code, but pressing the phone icon only opens the phone app - it does not call the contact.

Something's amiss.

Posted via CB10
    The phone icon doesn't call? And that's not wierd? It should...but it gives a Cid 302 error. and why would the phone icon there open a contact? You have a contact icon that comes out? Amiss? Maybe? Glaring errors? More like it

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:46 PM
    For any user who can't figure out 3 simple swipe gestures how the hell did you manage to get a cooperate job to begin with. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to use this phone. It's so easy to use. My kids can do it and I didn't have to show them anything.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-23-13 03:05 PM
    Most every point in the OP is wrong. The Z10 can do most of those things... however, I feel Android JB can do them alot more efficiently.
    04-23-13 03:36 PM
    Sorry to disappoint those of you who thought I had vanished never to return, but some of us have lives outside CrackBerry too.

First things first, I'd like to do away with all the skeptics claiming I don't own or haven't ever used a Z10:

Unforgivable Flaws/Bugs on the Z10 (IMHO)-img_20130423_234810.jpg

I hope that settles it. Anyway, moving on, I've noticed I've made lots and lots of people angry, however, the fault it appears, isn't necessarily mine. There is no need to become so emotional and fanatically delusional to the point of no longer being able to judge something purely on its merit.

When someone says "this doesn't work" or "that doesn't work" in today's age of smartphones what one actually means is "it is too unintuitive". This is especially true when companies like Apple and Google have simplified the way we communicate and search for information.

So should one say "you don't have the option to call a contact from your messages" if you can't find it in the most convenient of places, the options button at the bottom right corner of the screen? One certainly should.

All my points except for one are valid and have not been proven false by anyone, with proof. The one point I was wrong about was "not being able to add a contact from the Hub". I tried it again and I did see the option to save an unknown number in the Calls and as well as Messages section.

I'm wanting to love my new Z10, and I'm pretty confident I will more and more as subsequent updates are released, however, all but one of the issues I have addressed in this thread still go without saying that they are "unforgivable" - simply because they were extremely basic and simple. No one has still been able to successfully argue against these points:

- screen takes a mighty long time to rotate. It's ridiculous to say something along the lines of "mine doesn't". It does. Just accept it. Stop being delusional. All Z10's have this problem, and if you don't see it, then you probably never owned an Android or iPhone before. In that case, I respect your spat.

- there is no battery percentage display on the home screen or lock screen. Please don't say "there are apps for that". BlackBerry's "active frames" technology makes using an app for simple tasks like this a pain in the ***.

- there is no way to search for a message sent/received, a phone call dialed or missed from within the Hub.

- searching for a message inside the Text Messages app by sender or recipient name does not work and returns "No entries in this view".

The majority of the responses in this thread have only purported to be work-arounds to the issues laid out. And the "surefire" methods that I HAVE learned from the responses in this thread are too "unintuitive" or counter-productive.

I'm a normal bloke. I'm no "troll" or "spy". I hope people kick out of their fanboy frame of minds and start taking criticism constructively. BlackBerry doesn't need your emotional support or for you to clean up after them. What they need is honest feedback and threads like these, heated or no.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 03:39 PM
    Sorry to disappoint those of you who thought I had vanished never to return, but some of us have lives outside CrackBerry too.
    Not everyone tried to beat you up. You should respond to those posts instead of the fanboi's.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:13 PM
    The Z10 has some "nasty" bugs or inconveniences that aren't bugs but are here to stay. Or, they could be flaws that can't be corrected due to OS limitations. Either way, if BlackBerry doesn't sort out these fairly simple but extremely crucial elements in their OS soon, customers will start going back to Android and iOS and leave BlackBerry out of business:

CALL SOMEONE YOU'RE CHATTING WITH

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10.

SEARCH DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING BESIDES EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA. CAN'T SEARCH BY NAME.

Hub: When you're in the hub and you want to search for a phone call you placed the other day, you want to type in the name of the person that you called and have that dialed number show up. What you get is "No entries in this view". Go ahead, please try it.

Inbox: When you're in messages and you want to look up "that" SMS you sent Rachel the other night, you want to type in her name in the search bar and get some results! Sadly, you get nothing but "No entries in this view".

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

What? How excruciating would have it been for you to include this BlackBerry? And it seems it still won't be addressed with new 10.1 update.

ROTATION DELAY

Look how fast screen rotation works on the iOS or Android. Blackberry, please get these kind of things right the first time. It's annoying have to wait 4 seconds for the screen to change its orientation. No matter how new your device is, no, it shouldn't take 4 seconds to rotate the screen.

CAN'T ADD CONTACT FROM THE HUB

After using the Z10 for quite a while, I appreciate how important and valuable the Hub is for an average user like me. I find myself doing most things like messaging and calling from inside the Hub. In the world of smartphones, it is a "given" to be able to add a contact from long-pressing an unknown contact number from....ANYWHERE. However, inside the Hub, you are not allowed to add a contact to an unknown number even when you're inside the Calls section. Long-pressing a number inside the Hub doesn't give you that option.

30 DAY EMAIL

I've heard of the 30 day Email limit although I'm not personally bothered by it. However, this is one heck of an OS limitation or bug. Probably the biggest, given that BlackBerry devices are pre-dominantly designed for business-people.

These are some the biggest issues with the new Z10. Their the most biggest issues because they're the most simple to tackle. Why doesn't BlackBerry focus on issues like these instead of things like making word predictions appear in green instead of blue (which is coming in the next update). I mean, who really gives a **** about that?
    I didn't read everything you wrote but a few thing pops out:

It takes less than a second to rotate the screen. It's so fast that I find it annoying and I end up locking the rotation most of the time, especially when I am in bed.

Why would you look for a contact in the HUB? Just use the universal search. You can search everything including contacts and the contents of a text message or email. It's accessible from the main screen. It's instant and you can access the universal search from any app or games!

And you are giving the impression that some these are major flaws and OS limitations! If it was a MAJOR FLAW or OS limitation, why are you the first person to bring them up??? BlackBerry 10 had been out for 3 months now and if no one noticed, why would they go back to android or iOS?

I think it has to do with how you are using your device and having difficulty adapting to a new platform. It's understandable, Android and iOS are basically identical on their interface.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:17 PM
    Not everyone tried to beat you up. You should respond to those posts instead of the fanboi's.

Posted via CB10
    That's why I said "those of you".
    04-23-13 04:18 PM
    "CALL SOMEONE YOU'RE CHATTING WITH

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10."

HMMMMM. Maybe you're doing it WRONG!!!!!! You should go back to i'Diot proof iOS.
    I have it on my phone, not sure what you are bit*ching about!
    04-23-13 04:26 PM

First things first, I'd like to do away with all the skeptics claiming I don't own or haven't ever used a Z10:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130423_234810.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	154351

I hope that settles it. Anyway, moving on, I've noticed I've made lots and lots of people angry, however, the fault it appears, isn't necessarily mine. There is no need to become so emotional and fanatically delusional to the point of no longer being able to judge something purely on its merit.

When someone says "this doesn't work" or "that doesn't work" in today's age of smartphones what one actually means is "it is too unintuitive". This is especially true when companies like Apple and Google have simplified the way we communicate and search for information.

So should one say "you don't have the option to call a contact from your messages" if you can't find it in the most convenient of places, the options button at the bottom right corner of the screen? One certainly should.

All my points except for one are valid and have not been proven false by anyone, with proof. The one point I was wrong about was "not being able to add a contact from the Hub". I tried it again and I did see the option to save an unknown number in the Calls and as well as Messages section.

I'm wanting to love my new Z10, and I'm pretty confident I will more and more as subsequent updates are released, however, all but one of the issues I have addressed in this thread still go without saying that they are "unforgivable" - simply because they were extremely basic and simple. No one has still been able to successfully argue against these points:

- screen takes a mighty long time to rotate. It's ridiculous to say something along the lines of "mine doesn't". It does. Just accept it. Stop being delusional. All Z10's have this problem, and if you don't see it, then you probably never owned an Android or iPhone before. In that case, I respect your spat.

- there is no battery percentage display on the home screen or lock screen. Please don't say "there are apps for that". BlackBerry's "active frames" technology makes using an app for simple tasks like this a pain in the ***.

- there is no way to search for a message sent/received, a phone call dialed or missed from within the Hub.

- searching for a message inside the Text Messages app by sender or recipient name does not work and returns "No entries in this view".

The majority of the responses in this thread have only purported to be work-arounds to the issues laid out. And the "surefire" methods that I HAVE learned from the responses in this thread are too "unintuitive" or counter-productive.

I'm a normal bloke. I'm no "troll" or "spy". I hope people kick out of their fanboy frame of minds and start taking criticism constructively. BlackBerry doesn't need your emotional support or for you to clean up after them. What they need is honest feedback and threads like these, heated or no.
    A wise man that argues with a fool, becomes himself a fool

With that being said, I'm ignoring this thread..
    04-23-13 04:29 PM

Point 1 you are wrong. You have the option to call someone from your messages. I use it all the time. It seems your issue is the option isn't where you want it to be, but it is there wnd it works great.

Point 2 the screen is a tricky one to call. At times mine can take an age to rotate, but most of the time it is quick. I have seen z10s that do take a while so I acknowledge that you have a problem, but it is not a problem all z10's have. And I have used android before and they have the same thing. Especially amongst the s2.

Point 3. I'm assuming that this is your first BlackBerry as no BlackBerry I have ever owned showed battery percentage outside of a menu. It's a viable suggestion to make and while it may irritate you, please concede that it was never a problem for 80 odd million users before. By all means make the suggestion but don't make it seem like a bigger deal then it is. In any case, there is a solution for you as headless apps means you will be able to use apps to see percentage without the need for active frames. But I am not sure when that will appear.
    The point is that it is being worked on

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-23-13 04:39 PM
    The Z10 has some "nasty" bugs or inconveniences that aren't bugs but are here to stay. Or, they could be flaws that can't be corrected due to OS limitations. Either way, if BlackBerry doesn't sort out these fairly simple but extremely crucial elements in their OS soon, customers will start going back to Android and iOS and leave BlackBerry out of business:
    BlackBerry has been seeking feedback and none of these problems can't be fixed with some simple patches. You are being a TAD dramatic about this and showcasing your lack of knowledge about technology.

CALL SOMEONE YOU'RE CHATTING WITH

You don't have the option to call a contact from your messages. Remember how handy this feature used to be on Android? It's one of the most simplest of features and is a crime to not have it. On Android, if you were chatting with someone through SMS and then wanted to call that person all you would have to do is long-press the chat snippet and you'd be given lots and lots of options, one of them being CALL. I don't see that option on the Z10.
    Try clicking on the picture of your SMS partner and than clicking their phone number. DONE AND DONE!

SEARCH DOESN'T WORK FOR ANYTHING BESIDES EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA. CAN'T SEARCH BY NAME.

Hub: When you're in the hub and you want to search for a phone call you placed the other day, you want to type in the name of the person that you called and have that dialed number show up. What you get is "No entries in this view". Go ahead, please try it.

Inbox: When you're in messages and you want to look up "that" SMS you sent Rachel the other night, you want to type in her name in the search bar and get some results! Sadly, you get nothing but "No entries in this view".
    You can't search the Call Log area of the Hub, that is it, minor bug, worth sharing with BlackBerry, not sure if it is deserving of a diatribe and a bug witch hunt. You shouldn't be searching for contacts in the hub that is what the Contacts are for.

BATTERY PERCENTAGE

What? How excruciating would have it been for you to include this BlackBerry? And it seems it still won't be addressed with new 10.1 update.
    LOL So what? I use Battery Guru provides me with MUCH more useful information other than percentage. Percentage of battery life isn't the best indicator of how long the battery will last anyways. So having a flat percentage displayed really doesn't give you any more information over a power bar. This can be addressed in a patch too. It is pretty amazing what they can do with software these days!

Case in point: The PlayStation 3 was on life support by Sony when it was first released. Today the system sports nearly the same features as Xbox 360 all that was thanks to firmware updates.

ROTATION DELAY

Look how fast screen rotation works on the iOS or Android. Blackberry, please get these kind of things right the first time. It's annoying have to wait 4 seconds for the screen to change its orientation. No matter how new your device is, no, it shouldn't take 4 seconds to rotate the screen.
    4 seconds? LOL Ok IT MAY BE 4 seconds. BUT seriously you are complaining about 4 seconds? I wonder how much yelling you do at the microwave when its making you popcorn.

CAN'T ADD CONTACT FROM THE HUB

After using the Z10 for quite a while, I appreciate how important and valuable the Hub is for an average user like me. I find myself doing most things like messaging and calling from inside the Hub. In the world of smartphones, it is a "given" to be able to add a contact from long-pressing an unknown contact number from....ANYWHERE. However, inside the Hub, you are not allowed to add a contact to an unknown number even when you're inside the Calls section. Long-pressing a number inside the Hub doesn't give you that option.
    Are you sure you are using a retail model BlackBerry Z10 and not some alpha Dev Unit? I can add contacts from the Call Log, Text Messages, Emails, etc. etc.

Why don't you ask someone before you start spreading rumors about features that are obviously available on the phone?

30 DAY EMAIL

I've heard of the 30 day Email limit although I'm not personally bothered by it. However, this is one heck of an OS limitation or bug. Probably the biggest, given that BlackBerry devices are pre-dominantly designed for business-people.
    This is likely going to be addressed. This issue has been covered MANY times before by people who didn't make up issues to raise more alarms. :P

These are some the biggest issues with the new Z10. Their the most biggest issues because they're the most simple to tackle. Why doesn't BlackBerry focus on issues like these instead of things like making word predictions appear in green instead of blue (which is coming in the next update). I mean, who really gives a **** about that?
    Well you seem to have it all figured out so why not submit your resume to BlackBerry and ask Mr. Heinz to step down because obviously he doesn't know what he is doing. LOL Obviously BlackBerry wants as few limitations on their phone as possible, just because they aren't addressing issues in the manner you think is best doesn't mean they aren't working on it.

I would suggest to you that it is likely easier to fix some of these little things than it is to fix some of the other things. There are a lot of great things coming with 10.1 and I am sure there are many more great things coming with 10.2. Have a little patience!
    04-23-13 04:44 PM
    You don't have or ever even used a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    04-23-13 04:54 PM
    No need for further comment by me....this guy has been beaten up enough on here. I can't say that he doesn't deserve it.
    04-23-13 05:05 PM
    You can add the unknown number on your contact from the hub too.
    Attachment 154146

Posted via CB10
    Do you think your friend appreciates her number being shown to the world? Nice that we can do that but you have to think of her.
    04-23-13 05:10 PM
    ... I've noticed I've made lots and lots of people angry, however, the fault it appears, isn't necessarily mine. There is no need to become so emotional and fanatically delusional to the point of no longer being able to judge something purely on its merit.
    Since you're into constructive criticism, I will let you know that many of our posts / points come off as argumentative right off the bat. You might not be aware of this. It's one of the downsides of the written word versus the spoken word.

Maybe you were just annoyed at perceived shortcomings of your new Z10 and venting.

You'll get a lot more traction and respect if you do make a distinction here.

If you say: "this doesn't work" then it does, you run the risk of sounding ignorant.
    If you say: "can someone tell me how" then you're acknowledging that maybe you just don't know everything. Nothing wrong with that! Who does?!

All my points except for one are valid and have not been proven false by anyone, with proof.
    Again, sounds like you close the door on any possibility that there's another way or that you might be incorrect. Just take it down a notch: less absolutes.

See, here you go again. Why should anyone believe you saying yours does, if you won't believe them saying theirs doesn't?

Guess what? I have no lag. I'm not spending the time to make a video and post it. You'll just have to believe me.
    Guess what else? I believe you too that yours does lag. And I know you're not the only one. Hopefully that gets fixed in some future OS update for you, and hopefully the very near future.

So far, I'm not a huge fan of active frames either. I like the idea, and I like it as an app switcher.

Now I will suggest an app for that that doesn't need you to look at the active frame. (Although it must be left as an active frame to function, until BBRY unlocks the ability to run in background, which might happen in OS 10.2.)
    The app called Wallpaper Changer HD has a feature called SuperBar that adds a second banner under top banner showing battery percentage, date, and one user-defined section that can be weather, open memory, custom text, etc. Here's a screenshot:
    Attachment 154296

Find the app here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...r-more-771551/

It's $1.99. Awesome app, highly recommended.
    Should you have to pay that to see the battery percentage? I don't know, but who cares?
    You can decide, do you want to make a sad face about it? Or do you want to pretend your Z10 cost $2 more and now it's better for you in at least one regard?

For messages, there is. The Search icon at bottom of Hub does this.
    You seem to be right though re calls. Seems like it just doesn't, unless I can't figure it out.

Yes, this seems to be a complete oversight on BBRY's part. On flip side, it does a brilliant job of searching content of text message chats.

... BlackBerry doesn't need your emotional support or for you to clean up after them. What they need is honest feedback and threads like these, heated or no.
    Agreed, for the most part.
    Last edited by elite1; 04-23-13 at 08:28 PM.
    04-23-13 05:35 PM
    I really dont know mods leave trash threads like this open.All information has been dealt with first page just lock it down.It should'nt be a trending topic.
    04-23-13 05:50 PM
    I do admit that my rotation is a huge pain. Sometimes it won't even rotate back to normal. Then I have to put the rotation lock on to force it.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:21 PM
    As to battery percentage, to be fair when I first got the BB Storm, battery percentage could only be found in the Setting menu, just like the Z10. However, a later update eventually added the feature where if you tap and held the battery icon on the top left, the percentage would show.

I'm guessing this feature will eventually be added, here also.
    04-23-13 06:24 PM
    As to battery percentage, to be fair when I first got the BB Storm, battery percentage could only be found in the Setting menu, just like the Z10. However, a later update eventually added the feature where if you tap and held the battery icon on the top left, the percentage would show.

I'm guessing this feature will eventually be added, here also.
    I don't recall which BBOS versions had or didn't have this, but I believe at least on most recent legacy BBOS versions there were 5 increments in the battery meter, and you could easily distinguish if it was a half or full section. So that made it easier to at least see the battery charge remaining in 10% increments.

I had no idea the Storm had that feature ever, with holding down on the battery meter. Very cool!
    04-23-13 06:32 PM
    I agree with the OP. There are loads of nasty bugs on my z10 all the time, ants, spiders, there was even a cockroach on it when I woke up. Jesus, it's the 21st century man, what sort of company releases a phone nowadays that isn't bug resistant? I shouldn't have to spray it with bug killer myself, that stuff should be included in the box at the least, along with a note saying "It's a first generation device."

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, jdhooghe and shnozwo like this.
    04-23-13 06:32 PM
    I also had an issue with calling someone within the sms box.

I was meeting someone up to sell my bb 9900. they were texting me on my z10. i couldn't call them from the sms screen so i had to keep going back and forth to the dial pad and try to remember their phone number to call.

I guess you have to save the person into your contacts in order to do so. Should be just a press of a button to call.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    04-23-13 06:38 PM
    I also had an issue with calling someone within the sms box.

I was meeting someone up to sell my bb 9900. they were texting me on my z10. i couldn't call them from the sms screen so i had to keep going back and forth to the dial pad and try to remember their phone number to call.

I guess you have to save the person into your contacts in order to do so. Should be just a press of a button to call.
    No, if you had long pressed anywhere at the top bar, either the blank avatar or the blue bar with the number, an action menu appears on the right including an option to call.

(I'd post a screenshot, but I don't want to show someone's number and I don't have time for any editing just now.)
    04-23-13 06:45 PM
    No, if you had long pressed anywhere at the top bar, either the blank avatar or the blue bar with the number, an action menu appears on the right including an option to call.

(I'd post a screenshot, but I don't want to show someone's number and I don't have time for any editing just now.)

Thanks . You're right. I just tried that. At that time I didn't. I was a z10 newbie. Now I think I am intermediate.

Learn something new every day
    04-23-13 06:48 PM
    Thanks . You're right. I just tried that. At that time I didn't. I was a z10 newbie. Now I think I am intermediate.

Learn something new every day
    No problem! We've all got stuff to learn... even the OP... but don't tell him that.
    04-23-13 06:53 PM
189 ... 34567 ...